Sevier Co. @ Ooltewah

thorough97

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooltewah has forced over 12 turnovers in the past two games.

I believe that will be the factor of whether or not Ooltewah wins this.

Sevier will obviously be able to pass all over us. Any team could do that. But if they throw some bad ones, our secondary will be in position to take it.

Running doesn't matter at all for Sevier. Ooltewah has a FANTASTIC run defense. It's why we'll beat Riverdale if we make it.

Turnovers are the key. And how well Sevier's defense can hold Ooltewah.

Sevier County has a really good offense...better passing game but still a great running game but I will be curious how much they will run after hearing about the Ooltewah running defense but Sevier County a huge threat n the shotgun formation QB Watson likes to scramble and can pass at any time...SC biggest strength is the defensive. I have heard Ootltwahs biggest strength is the offense and I believe that SC defense will win the battle over Ooltwahs offense, SC linebackers and secondary is outstanding with a great front line 2...The question will be will Ootlewah be able to stop SC's passing game and also there running game cause Ootlewah will definetely not be able to outscore SC.... SC 35-24

Sevier County has a really good offense...better passing game but still a great running game but I will be curious how much they will run after hearing about the Ooltewah running defense but Sevier County a huge threat n the shotgun formation QB Watson likes to scramble and can pass at any time...SC biggest strength is the defensive. I have heard Ootltwahs biggest strength is the offense and I believe that SC defense will win the battle over Ooltwahs offense, SC linebackers and secondary is outstanding with a great front line 2...The question will be will Ootlewah be able to stop SC's passing game and also there running game cause Ootlewah will definetely not be able to outscore SC.... SC 35-24

Will be impressed if SC can score 35 points since Owls have given up more than 28 pts exactly ZERO times this year. They have however scored more than 24 TEN times with the only game being 23 against OR where they fell short of that. Last 11 games for either team do not suggest a 35-24 game in any way shape or form. How many times has SC scored 35? how many times have they given up more than 24?

in 11 games only time marshall has been under 100 yards is 2 blowouts where he only carried the ball 6 and 7 times and he was in the high 80's. GL SC.

I know Sevier has a good defense but they are going up against a Benny Monroe offense. I know the Owls will score their touchdowns. The question is can the defense stop #12 for Sevier. He is Mr. Everything for the Smokey Bears and is a stud. Ooltewah has one of the hardest hitting defenses in the east side of the state. I've seen sooo many kids on other teams get knocked out and never come back in. Ooltewah also has a great offense. 2 great fullbacks and 2 great running backs. Their passing game can be deadly with the stud QB (Woods) and the 4 stud receivers who are 6'3 185, 6'2 170, 5'11 165 and 6'4 200. When Ooltewah wants to throw the ball no one has been able to stop the passing game. Good luck to both teams and may the best team win! Go Owls!

Edited by ImaOWL

Haven't been able to see the Owls this year but it sounds like they have their usual array of talent and athletes. Would like to get someone's opinion of the two teams strengths and weaknesses that have seen both the Bears and Owls in action. Maybe topvol98, PowerPlus or some other Science Hill fan could give their first hand impressions on how these teams matchup. Hopefully this game turns out better than the last trip down there in '01 where the outcome was determined before halftime.

I'll try to put some thoughts up a little later in the day or tomorrow.

Will be impressed if SC can score 35 points since Owls have given up more than 28 pts exactly ZERO times this year. They have however scored more than 24 TEN times with the only game being 23 against OR where they fell short of that. Last 11 games for either team do not suggest a 35-24 game in any way shape or form. How many times has SC scored 35? how many times have they given up more than 24?

in 11 games only time marshall has been under 100 yards is 2 blowouts where he only carried the ball 6 and 7 times and he was in the high 80's. GL SC.

sc has never had morethan 24 scored on them.......theyve scored 42 against bearden and 36 against science hill(both playoff teams) and 34 against karns and halls....they average scoring 28 and their opponents average scoring 12

Edited by auburn2312

We scored 38 agaist Science Hill and our second team was on the ten yard line and let the clock run out instead of scoring again. Guess that is why you line up and play the game. No use arguing on here. If you can hold the Owls to 12 points than you deserve to win. I just don't see it happening.

sc has never had morethan 24 scored on them.......theyve scored 42 against bearden and 36 against science hill(both playoff teams) and 34 against karns and halls....they average scoring 28 and their opponents average scoring 12