Sevier Co. @ Ooltewah

thorough97

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can someone tell me what Sevier has offensively and defensively?

SC on offensive runs a ton of different formations. they'll go gun, power I, unbalanced, 1 wide out, 2 wide outs, 3, 4, and sometimes even 5. Majority of yards through out the season have come from the run, but lately the passing game has come on strong

Offensively...

Junior Shawn Hodge and sophomore Tyler Thomas are both dangerous at running back (usually rotate every series). Fullback Blake Wallace gets more carries then the usual fullback, and he makes the most of it. Very hard runner.

Starting wide outs are James Feezel and Trey Pippin. Both are very fast, Pippin probably being the quickest. Feezel is about 6'3" and has great jumping ablility. Hard to cover. Austin Williams and Ryan Stott give them breaks. When the bears go 4 wide, receivers are usually James Feezel, Pippin, Daniel Cotter/Andrew Feezel, Austin Williams/Ryan Stott.

Corey Watson is the QB, and the playmaker for the Bears. Very quick, great scrambler. I believe he has 995 yds 9 TDs passing and 495 8 TDs rushing (before the McMinn game). Has ability to find the open receiver.

Defensively...

SC goes with 3 down lineman, 5 LBs, and 3 DBs. Several Players rotate on the D-line, and SC will also bring in an extra lineman in at times. Pretty solid play at LB. The defensive stand-out is LB Cory Baxter. Big hitter. Plays with alot of heart. The veteran secondary is solid. Hard to beat the corners one on one

ImaOWL, how bout some info on the Owls offensive and defensive? And what was the final in the McMinn Co/Ooltewah game? just curious

Edited by RS1024

will somebody from mcminn county or that area please give the bears some credit; all i have read on this thread and the sevier county / mcminn county thread is how mcminn just gave the game away with turnovers and one holding call; being at the game that was the only holding call on mcminn and from what i saw and heard after the game, mcminn was classless and should be ashamed;

they taunted and cussed the whole game, acted very aggorant before the game, and acted like sore losers afterwards thrownig helmets and cussing in front of fans

i was really just an interested observer of the game; not really having any stake in the game; i am from the area and just wanted to catch what was billed as one of the best first round games in the area; but what i saw was sevier county creating turnovers, by pressuring the qb and making him throw off his back foot and force passes, plus stipping the ball out and bouncing on it when it hit the ground

the bears really impressed that i may head off with the family to ooltewah and visit the mall down their before the game and see hopefully another good high school playoff game

Ooltewah has forced over 12 turnovers in the past two games.

I believe that will be the factor of whether or not Ooltewah wins this.

Sevier will obviously be able to pass all over us. Any team could do that. But if they throw some bad ones, our secondary will be in position to take it.

Running doesn't matter at all for Sevier. Ooltewah has a FANTASTIC run defense. It's why we'll beat Riverdale if we make it.

Turnovers are the key. And how well Sevier's defense can hold Ooltewah.

This should be a really close contest. Ooltewah appears to have stepped it up a notch and Sevier County has the kind of talent that gives the Owls fits.

SC displays a qb who is elusive, and puts up a substantial number of yards in the air and on the ground. If he is able to scramble and buy time for his receivers, Ooltewah is prone to failing to stick with their opponents' receivers as the opposing qb scrambles. This was quite evident in the Farragut game. In other games, the defense has given up a number of yards in the air as well.

Both defenses seem to be pretty tough, overall, and the only two teams they have both matched up against are William Blount and McMinn County. It sounds like from the McMinn game, Sevier was able to force a few turnovers, making the difference in that game. Ooltewah on the other hand held significant advantages over McMinn, both offensively and defensively.

Against WB, Sevier lost, but it was the first game of the season, and they seem to be playing much better now. Ooltewah won a "miracle" game against WB, and probably should have lost that game--one of three very tough losses for WB this season.

Ooltewah is quick, explosive and at home. I would have to give the edge to Ooltewah for all of those reasons. OHS-31 SC-21

This should be a really close contest. Ooltewah appears to have stepped it up a notch and Sevier County has the kind of talent that gives the Owls fits.

SC displays a qb who is elusive, and puts up a substantial number of yards in the air and on the ground. If he is able to scramble and buy time for his receivers, Ooltewah is prone to failing to stick with their opponents' receivers as the opposing qb scrambles. This was quite evident in the Farragut game. In other games, the defense has given up a number of yards in the air as well.

Both defenses seem to be pretty tough, overall, and the only two teams they have both matched up against are William Blount and McMinn County. It sounds like from the McMinn game, Sevier was able to force a few turnovers, making the difference in that game. Ooltewah on the other hand held significant advantages over McMinn, both offensively and defensively.

Against WB, Sevier lost, but it was the first game of the season, and they seem to be playing much better now. Ooltewah won a "miracle" game against WB, and probably should have lost that game--one of three very tough losses for WB this season.

Ooltewah is quick, explosive and at home. I would have to give the edge to Ooltewah for all of those reasons. OHS-31 SC-21

jUST KEY ON 12 A GREAT FOOTBALL PLAYER THATS IT . WEAK SIDE NEEDS TO STAY HOME 12S BREAD AND BUTTER. 12 THREW ALL THE TIME AND RAN IT HALF THE TIME.

Haven't been able to see the Owls this year but it sounds like they have their usual array of talent and athletes. Would like to get someone's opinion of the two teams strengths and weaknesses that have seen both the Bears and Owls in action. Maybe topvol98, PowerPlus or some other Science Hill fan could give their first hand impressions on how these teams matchup. Hopefully this game turns out better than the last trip down there in '01 where the outcome was determined before halftime.

Talent areas for Ooltewah are the running game, running defense, QB, and Tight End.

QB Jeremy Woods(1) makes great decisions and does whatever the coach asks of him. Sometimes he's thrown for less than 50 yards and we've still won comfortably, sometimes he's thrown for 240. Look for screen plays, shovel passes, and over the middle rather than to the sides of the field.

Tight End is Jensen Morgan(7), 6-4 and definately goes up for the ball. Blocks well too.

Recievers have gotten better and better. Ryne Shumaker(14) has emerged to be a solid dependable guy. Gino Norwood(6) makes plays. Jacob Horsch(8) is also dependable, and in the punting game has made 2 returns for TDs this year.

Running back is Brian Marshall(5). Diminuative, and on the line of scrimmage he can take some hard hits, but once in the open field, shakes tackles and uses his state final track speed to burn defenders. Having his best games right now. Sean Sanders(31) is our inside the 10 back, and is excellent at following his blocks and pounding it for 3 or 4 yards. Kwan Buchanon(44) plays fullback, blocks well and runs 3 or 4 times a game.

Rush Defense is speedy and gets many many tackles right off the line of scrimmage. Has held three of 5A's top backs in Mcdermott, Sterling, and Dustin Langford under 100 yards.

Pass Defense is the team's real weakness, and it hasn't been that weak except Farragut. Arsenio Landsden(28) is small but can make anything your QB throws poorly into a pick. Nathan Swafford has great speed and hitting abilities.

Your running QB sounds lethal to our defense. Hopefully we'll be able to make some plays and ride the storm.

Oh, and to elaborate on my Turnovers are key debate, and I don't have the stats for Soddy Daisy but both teams had over 5, our turnover margin this year is +12

Edited by Owlbino