Sevier Co. @ Ooltewah

thorough97

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok it still wont be by that much they might not even win.....oh and i bet db and gallatin was saying the same thing and look

We'll see Friday night....SC has a good QB, he can throw on the run and he can also stand in the pocket, but I think Ootlewah has too many weapons for SC's defense to cover...I may be wrong, but it wouldn't be the first time and probably not the last...

i think you are right sevier county defensive backs are vulnerable to the deep ball.... watson covers well and feezle makes for a pretty good safety... if you get one on one on the outside watch out cause the owls from the sounds of it will light you up.... with the nickle defense you are gonna have a stronger zone more than likely so regardless of strength on the outside for sevier county corners i think they should be able to hold this offense to minimal yardage through the air....

but we will have to wait and see.... man i'm torn i still don't know who i like in this...

GO BEARS

If Sevier County plays like they did last night againist McMinn and Ooltewah plays their brand of football then Ooltewah will win big. I was not that impressed with Sevier and basically McMinn beat themselves with the 6 to's with 4 of those actually having an impact on the outcome of the game. Sevier has a good quarterback but McMinn appeared to be playing soft on the pass and let him beat them with his legs.

McMinn should be looking in the mirror as to why they lost this one and not across the field.

Ooltewah 34 / Sevier Co. 14

ya and im sure that corey watson having 3 TDs, almost 100 yds rushing and alot more than that passing, had nothing to do with mcminns loss, good call buddy

topvol98..... great post always enjoy hearing from you... i think you are pretty dead on about sevier.... minus maybe the db's i'm gonna have to say most tackles made by linebackers with lots of safety run support.... and they like to line up in a nickle so they basically have 2 defensive backs playing linebacker..... this one is gonna be a barn burner... i remember going down to the nest in 2001 and boy did da bears get stompped.... from the looks of things this bears team has become a much better ball club... correct me if i'm wrong but i believe that was the year cory watson's older brother ryan split time at quarterback with tyler shultz and ryan basically ran the same type offense just not nearly as well as his younger brother.....regardless i look forward to the long drive to see some great 5a playoff action congrats to both teams on great seasons and making it to the second round...

just to let you know ryan had a torn knee in that game and the other quarterback had a broke arm and half the team was injured. but thats besides the point players off that team have been gone for a long time, and this team is much better.

I'd have to say that Brian Marshall is probably the fastest person who's been on the field in each of the Owls' games this season. He's really quite the freak of an athelete. I think he placed at the state track meet last year as a sophemore, and I'm pretty sure he can dunk at the height of 5-6.

And definately give the advantage to Sevier's QB in this game, even though Jeremy's a beast, just because the numbers he puts up will probably be better. Sevier's big advantage in this game will be the pass.

Sevier County's Running Backs are not that good. They are slow and can't run all that fast. I think that if Ooltewah play's the pass all game they will win easily.

Where in the world did you come up with that? Both tailbacks can fly and the fullback can move as well as most HS tailbacks!! Add Watson to that back field and you have a VERY fast running game.

I had the pleasure of seeing those sevier CO. boys play against McCallie this summer durning McCallie's football camp,and yes they are good. They had some pretty good plays against McCallie! It has been siad that McCallie is the best team in Chattanooga, but on the other hand McCallie and Ooltewah havent played and wont be playin anytime soon. But, Ooltewah has a really good team this year. I personally know Brain Marshall and he is the real deal. After seeing Sevier Co.'s running back there is no way he is faster than Marshall, although he does earn his yards and was tough to bring down. He may have the advantage of breaking tackles over Brain but you cant tackel what you cant catch :lol: ! Sevier's Co.'s qb is a real playermarker and can beat you in the air as well as on the ground wit his speed and cuts! Over all both teams have alot of talent and it should be a great game to watch, but i see Ooltewah slightly winning this one, but you never know! best of luck to both teams! :thumb: