crockett county vs Covington: Round Two

brink37

im a charger fan and this is what i know for a fact if covington continues to play 10 to 15 yards off the crockett recievers it will be a long night they have to get in there face and allow the defence time to get to the quarterback if they can do that then it will be a game, im not worried about the run defence we play the run good but we can not allow the recievers to run free with that said any team who makes it to the big one i will support because this is all about regeion 7-3a

Good post... :D

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im a charger fan and this is what i know for a fact if covington continues to play 10 to 15 yards off the crockett recievers it will be a long night they have to get in there face and allow the defence time to get to the quarterback if they can do that then it will be a game, im not worried about the run defence we play the run good but we can not allow the recievers to run free with that said any team who makes it to the big one i will support because this is all about regeion 7-3a

Great post! And very honest..

I agree with alot of you by thinking that this game will be alot closer then the first meeting, I think that with out perry's phyiscallity. It makes the game speed verses speed and Covington can play that type of football. The Crockett recievers will have a big game if given that much of a cussion but Covington will come in prepared. I take Crockett by 14,,,,,,,BUT ,,According to the TSSAA website,,,Dyersburg rematch will be in Dyersburg,,,U need to give you brackets a better look,,,In fact this year the team from 73A has home field advantage though until the state game.....If you look at the brackets, it clearly states the next round will be able to play either in Dyersburg or Haywood pending on the winner and the semis are in the west too......LOOK at the brackets, so Dyersburg would home field advantage thoughout.....Coacht , jackson sun, and TSSAA , all have us at home.....

Trojansfan.... you should check the page on the tssaa website where it has quarterfinals host possibilities. It clearly states that Crockett will host the game if they win. If teams are from the same region, the higher seed will host. That is definitely the only reasonable way to do it. Then again, we are talking tssaa, and they are not always reasonable. Here is the link for you: http://www.tssaa.org/2006Champions/StateFootball/Quarter.htm

I agree with alot of you by thinking that this game will be alot closer then the first meeting, I think that with out perry's phyiscallity. It makes the game speed verses speed and Covington can play that type of football. The Crockett recievers will have a big game if given that much of a cussion but Covington will come in prepared. I take Crockett by 14,,,,,,,BUT ,,According to the TSSAA website,,,Dyersburg rematch will be in Dyersburg,,,U need to give you brackets a better look,,,In fact this year the team from 73A has home field advantage though until the state game.....If you look at the brackets, it clearly states the next round will be able to play either in Dyersburg or Haywood pending on the winner and the semis are in the west too......LOOK at the brackets, so Dyersburg would home field advantage thoughout.....Coacht , jackson sun, and TSSAA , all have us at home.....

um not meaning to be rude but.........um do you think dyersburg is number one seed........no they are number two.......the only way you host is if covington wins........if two teams in the same region play the one from the higher seed host........this is logical......think about it my friend.

both teams must win first and i dont know what crocketts status will be but dyersburg will have their hands full with haywood. Is taylor from dyersburg still hurt? is his back up good enough to lead the trojans to a victory over a hungry tomcat team??? I look for it to be a tough game. how is perry will he be ready if the two meet in round 3,

Edited by trojanfan56

i think he's saying that covington will beat us...........um yeah pretty sure bout that........but i am used to that............i say crockett by a touchdown 21-14

Supp man........ u should go watch the austin east vs catholic game and let us know how catholic plays.... anyways crockett by at least two scores .

Go crockett :thumb:

Last week the swami said "Crockett County 56 Frayser 0" and the final was just that. This week things get a bit tougher for the undefeated Cavaliers as the Chargers of Covington come calling. The NWS is predicting 70% chance of thunderstorms for Friday night and that could effect the Cavalier offense as it did against Haywood in week 10, however the weather can't possibly be that bad again this Friday. :D Look for the Cavaliers to come out running and gunning and for Covington to struggle on offense. The final in this one: Crockett County 28 Covington 7. :thumb: