crockett county vs Covington: Round Two

brink37

Last week the swami said "Crockett County 56 Frayser 0" and the final was just that. This week things get a bit tougher for the undefeated Cavaliers as the Chargers of Covington come calling. The NWS is predicting 70% chance of thunderstorms for Friday night and that could effect the Cavalier offense as it did against Haywood in week 10, however the weather can't possibly be that bad again this Friday. :) Look for the Cavaliers to come out running and gunning and for Covington to struggle on offense. The final in this one: Crockett County 28 Covington 7. :lol:

One of our Covington players was quoted in the Memphis Commercial Appeal as hoping for a really windy night this week against Crockett, to slow up their passing attack. Personally, after the way they passed the ball against us in the last game, I'm hoping for a small tornado, if that will force them to run the ball.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One of our Covington players was quoted in the Memphis Commercial Appeal as hoping for a really windy night this week against Crockett, to slow up their passing attack. Personally, after the way they passed the ball against us in the last game, I'm hoping for a small tornado, if that will force them to run the ball.

LOL...that's a great line. I'll be rooting for my Cavs, and this should be a great game. I pick the Cavaliers to win, 20-14.

Small tornado....LOL!! :thumb:

The NWS revised forecast this morning has 70% chance of thunderstorms with winds 15-20 mph with gusts as high as 30. It may not be a small tornado but it will effect the Cavalier passing game. Maybe it won't blow until after 9:30 or so. Here's hoping for no small tornado! :lol:

You know that figures... thats my luck.... crockett always gets hard luck in the playoffs.. our luck itll prolly blow 50mph non stop!!!!.. I heard it wasnt suppose to start till late fri night anybody know???? :D:lol::lol::(

I hear it will be late, late tomorrow night or early saturday morning.

The latest from the weather channel...

7pm Mostly Cloudy

65°F 20% chance From SSW 9 mph

8pm Scattered T-Storms

64°F 40% chance From SW 10 mph

9pm Scattered T-Storms

63°F 40% chance From SW 10 mph

I can live with that...

I can't see Covington coming into CC and pulling off a win. Covington is just too banged up. With the offense struggling and Hall not able to play we become a one threat team. Will say they have been staying late all week working on pass coverage! Look forward to coming over to CC and seeing some old friends. Hope C-Town proves me wrong but I see CC getting the win by twelve or more.

You know that figures... thats my luck.... crockett always gets hard luck in the playoffs.. our luck itll prolly blow 50mph non stop!!!!.. I heard it wasnt suppose to start till late fri night anybody know???? :lol::lol::unsure::(

hey if its bad weather then its bad for all teams..CC doesnt rate any better than other teams concerning weather..DHS qb still hobblin so here we are with a rejunavated Haywood comin to Beautiful J.C.SAWYERS STADIUM for probably the hardest hitting game in the area ..not to leave other teams out without they bettter players..GO TROJANS ! :lol:

hey if its bad weather then its bad for all teams..CC doesnt rate any better than other teams concerning weather..DHS qb still hobblin so here we are with a rejunavated Haywood comin to Beautiful J.C.SAWYERS STADIUM for probably the hardest hitting game in the area ..not to leave other teams out without they bettter players..GO TROJANS ! :thumb:

Actually, weather doesn't affect all teams the same. Wind and rain hurt teams that pss the ball more than it hurts run-only teams. Facts are fatcs.

That being said, if COvington wins tonight, it will not be because of the weather. It will be because they played better. Part of being a superior team is being multi-dimensional. That is why Crockett will win tonight, albeit by a much slimmer margin than the first time around.