Sycamore @ Station Camp

War Eagles

The whole idea behind taking a knee is showing respect for your opponent. Sycamore handed off to Chase Binkley on the 2 yard line, obviously trying to tack on a cheap score, with 30 seconds or so remaining when the game was over. On top of that, Station Camp was not calling timeouts to stop the clock although they had 2 left when Vanderford intercepted that pass (which means they were obviously conceding). To be quite frank, it looked bush league. You take a knee in that situation, and it shows respect. Station Camp deserves Sycamore's respect. I think it says a lot about Station Camp's character that they took that shot below the belt with dignity. I remember when Huntingdon tried that B.S. Cheatham's defense tried to rip their ball carrier's head off. Fortunately it didn't get ugly like that. You don't kick somebody when they're down.

Well Said, Thank you.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To John005 and Bison Mom,

Fact: #3 is a senior. #3 has never scored a touchdown in his varsity high school career. A school and a coaching staff could never ask for a more dedicated, hard working player than #3, who goes full speed every practice and when he gets the opportunity to play in a game. Because of this, his teammates and coaches have tried very hard all season to give him the chance to score. Friday night, when the ball was "handed off" to him instead of "showing respect and taking a knee", he was getting an opportunity to score, nothing more nothing less.

If your screen name is, in fact, descriptive of you, Bison Mom, then you should understand. His mom has watched all season, hoping for the opportunity to stand up and cheer with pride when her son's name is called.

When I first read these posts, my reaction was, "You've got to be kidding me!" I thought I had stumbled onto a Junior Pro website where everyone gets to take home a trophy and get a juice box. You two need to understand that this is the PLAYOFFS. And, if you have followed Sycamore at all this year, no lead at no time is safe! Wasn't the previous meeting between these two schools decided with 14 seconds left in the game? I could understand you being upset if they were ahead by 30, but the score was 23-14. And, the beauty of amateur athletics is that anything can happen on any given night.

It was a good game between two pretty darn good teams. It is a shame that one had to lose. The Bison have much to look forward to in the coming seasons and should be proud of their accomplishments this season.

Fact: #3 is a senior. #3 has never scored a touchdown in his varsity high school career. A school and a coaching staff could never ask for a more dedicated, hard working player than #3, who goes full speed every practice and when he gets the opportunity to play in a game. Because of this, his teammates and coaches have tried very hard all season to give him the chance to score. Friday night, when the ball was "handed off" to him instead of "showing respect and taking a knee", he was getting an opportunity to score, nothing more nothing less.

If your screen name is, in fact, descriptive of you, Bison Mom, then you should understand. His mom has watched all season, hoping for the opportunity to stand up and cheer with pride when her son's name is called.

When I first read these posts, my reaction was, "You've got to be kidding me!" I thought I had stumbled onto a Junior Pro website where everyone gets to take home a trophy and get a juice box. You two need to understand that this is the PLAYOFFS. And, if you have followed Sycamore at all this year, no lead at no time is safe! Wasn't the previous meeting between these two schools decided with 14 seconds left in the game? I could understand you being upset if they were ahead by 30, but the score was 23-14. And, the beauty of amateur athletics is that anything can happen on any given night.

It was a good game between two pretty darn good teams. It is a shame that one had to lose. The Bison have much to look forward to in the coming seasons and should be proud of their accomplishments this season.

There were plenty of Bison senior players who have never scored a TD that weren't run onto the field at the end of a game. It is bush league and the lead was by 9 points. The last time I checked there aren't any 9 point plays in football! I hope #3 gets his TD this week!! :(

I really do not know how to respond to this post in depth while remaining kind and respectful. So here's the abbreviated version: I disagree completely.

All of you people are making more of this than you should be! I'm sure the players and coaches have not given this issue any thought except for when they have to read the posts from those of you who do not play or coach. Station Camp is a tough team with good coaches; do not make them look like a buch of crybabies. Besides, who wants to discuss all of the padded stats for a certain Mr. Football candidate against teams earlier in the year? I think he was still scoring touchdowns, and gaining yards, when some of those games were decided! Am I wrong?

Edited by knowledge man jr.