Sycamore @ Station Camp

War Eagles

War Eagles,

We are so very PROUD of you guys. You played with determination and with the belief that YOU were going to Win this game!! We are already looking forward to going back to Pearl next Friday. Keep believing guys.

Thanks to Station Camp for a wonderful game. You have an awesome team and we certainly appreciated the warm hospitality. We would love to have you guys join us next Friday night and help us cheer on our War Eagles.

GO WAR EAGLES

Keep rolling boys. Remember paybacks are heck 21-20. Go get em :thumb:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These are some guys, who may not have been mentioned by anyone, that won that game last night.

Sycamore's offensive line took control in the last drive that iced it, so they need serious credit. They blew Station off the ball on a big 4th and 1 on that last TD drive and Vanderford got 5 big yards for a first.

The defense completely shut the Bison offense down in the second half. They were flying to the ball, team tackling Toney and Bailey, pressuring Johnson when he threw, Vanderford tipping that pass and intercepting it at the end, and just making big plays when the War Eagles needed them most. That was the best half of defensive football I've seen from Sycamore this season.

Hats off to Trevor Francis for that clutch field goal which was the deciding score in the game. The wind was whipping out there but he boomed it through and then followed it up with 2 touchbacks that really hindered Station Camp's field position their last 2 drives.

One final thing to say. I am very glad Sycamore did not score on that last play when they were already up 23-14 down on Station's goal line with little time left. That would have been poor sportsmanship. I saw Huntigdon try to do that to Cheatham in the playoffs a couple years ago. Station Camp was conceding the game after that INT, it was over. You just take a knee with under a minute. I'm very glad Sycamore did not score there, it would have looked terrible, but a great game by the War Eagles nonetheless.

One final thing to say. I am very glad Sycamore did not score on that last play when they were already up 23-14 down on Station's goal line with little time left. That would have been poor sportsmanship. I saw Huntigdon try to do that to Cheatham in the playoffs a couple years ago. Station Camp was conceding the game after that INT, it was over. You just take a knee with under a minute. I'm very glad Sycamore did not score there, it would have looked terrible, but a great game by the War Eagles nonetheless.

I would like to compliment the War Eagles on winning. I will be pulling for them the rest of the way, my nephew goes to school there and we will try to be at the PC game for support. I want to add that the drive at the end will be remembered next year when the Eagles come back. That was totally uncalled for and more like a PC team than a Sycamore team. Good luck in the 1/4 finals.

I would like to compliment the War Eagles on winning. I will be pulling for them the rest of the way, my nephew goes to school there and we will try to be at the PC game for support. I want to add that the drive at the end will be remembered next year when the Eagles come back. That was totally uncalled for and more like a PC team than a Sycamore team. Good luck in the 1/4 finals.

I was at that Huntingdon vs Cheatham Co. game as well :D

Sycamore at Pearl-Cohn is going to be a dandy :thumb:

uncalled for? they could have very very easily put up 7 more pointes and won 31-14 but decided not to so that seems like pretty good sportsmanship to me. congrats on a great season station camp. and sycamore, keep up the good work boys. show pearl cohn what should have happened to them in the first meeting.

The place was packed but I got to see this game standing at the fence, and it was a good game. Sycamore was on a mission to knock Station Camp out and even though Station Camp held on, they were leaving a gap up the middle that Sycamore was running through all night, and Randal Toney didn't do much. Hard to beat a team twice, and even though I was hoping Station Camp could do it, it wasn't meant to be.

Congrats to Sycamore on the win.

Edited by GreenbrierCat2

uncalled for? they could have very very easily put up 7 more pointes and won 31-14 but decided not to so that seems like pretty good sportsmanship to me. congrats on a great season station camp. and sycamore, keep up the good work boys. show pearl cohn what should have happened to them in the first meeting.

The whole idea behind taking a knee is showing respect for your opponent. Sycamore handed off to Chase Binkley on the 2 yard line, obviously trying to tack on a cheap score, with 30 seconds or so remaining when the game was over. On top of that, Station Camp was not calling timeouts to stop the clock although they had 2 left when Vanderford intercepted that pass (which means they were obviously conceding). To be quite frank, it looked bush league. You take a knee in that situation, and it shows respect. Station Camp deserves Sycamore's respect. I think it says a lot about Station Camp's character that they took that shot below the belt with dignity. I remember when Huntingdon tried that B.S. Cheatham's defense tried to rip their ball carrier's head off. Fortunately it didn't get ugly like that. You don't kick somebody when they're down.