Jackson Southside vs. Giles County

me4sshs

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826246394' date='Nov 11 2006 - 08:26 PM']

I`d like to add something to this thread. I got to listen to the Giles County coach remarks on a Jackson radio staiton after the game. Giles County should be proud of their coach and the way he handles himself. He was very gracious in victory. In good times or bad times I think GilesCounty should be very supportive of this man to be a positive influence on the young men of Giles County. Football is a lot more than winning games. It`s about developement of character too. From what I heard from the coach it sounds like GC has a very good man at the helm.

:thumb:

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you to both of you for your kind remarks regarding our coaching staff and players. We're very proud of them. It should be noted that your players handled defeat in a very respectful and sportsmanship manner. As you mentioned character - it is found that the truest reflection of character is in coping and adjusting to hardships. Your team, fans, and coaches are to be commended - - any team losing in the playoffs is not a pleasant experience, even the first loss of the season. However, your hospitality and sportsmanship was well noted, appreciated, and respected.

If we had any of our young (or old) fans disrespectful, please accept apologies.

Thanks.........after talking with the players, they too feel Giles Co. was one of the best teams they had faced. As for the fans, luckily the players knew nothing about it. They have nothing but respect for Giles Co. players. The fans that were the problems were a group of kids coming to our stands trying to cause a fight. The police ended up sitting with them along with one of set of grown ups/parents/whatever. Of course, it didn't dampen our spirits, I just think it was sad for anyone to behave in that manner. Thanks for the kind words. Good luck next week. I think you guys can take DL!!!!

south side is not overrated at all they are darn good and better than giles co. But, the fact is playoff football is not about who is the best, but who is playin the best on that given night and it sounds as if giles was the team that played the best.

That goes to say for any game played the best team that day is the one who wins! I have not heard a GC player say that SS was overrated as a matter of fact several said they were a big, hard hitting team.

This was a game between 2 pretty evenly matched teams. It came down to the team that made the least amount of turnovers and mistakes and that was Giles. I thought both programs had great teams on the field. Giles didn't just come in and roll over a cup cake, I think any Giles county fan that was there will tell you the same thing.

It came down to a Southside kick returner catching a ball that was clearly going out of bounds, he fielded the ball on the 2, and that gave Giles excellent field position after a 20 yard punt.The next drive Giles went in to score just before the half. Giles got the ball back on the kickoff after half time, and Southside stopped the GC running back at the line of scrimmage on 3rd down, but a Southside LB came in the pile after the RB was already stopped and grabbed a face mask. Instead of 3rd and 4 it was now 1st and 10 after the 15 yard penalty. Giles would then score. Southside also killed 2 drives by fumbling on the GC 12 and then by throwing an interception in the endzone.

Like I said, I think both schools had good teams on the field. Giles Co. was very physical and they made less mistakes. Giles had success running the ball and Southside had success passing, but they had very costly mistakes. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think Southside had 4 turnovers in all. You can't give a team as good as Giles that many breaks. Good luck to Giles Co. next week. :D

You are correct on all your points. Southside did several things to hurt themselves including the penalities and execution on offense, defense, and special teams. However, the difference in the game was the Giles County Defense. When you hold an offense that has been averaging 40pts a game to 7 and a running back that has been averaging 150yds a game to 66yds, you made a statement. Those numbers tell the story!

Let's see...which one do I pick?.......Looks like Giles County rolled over a nice cupcake 21-7. My goodness the 6-3a champion that had a "state" championship defense got 66 pts rang up on them by two 5-3a teams and fortunately for SS they did not have to see #1 5-3a DL or it would have been well over a 100+++++ pts. Time to start BB practice.

Out of some of these quotes I did see some things that did happen. the ball DID get run down the throats of someone..only it was Giles doing the running and I think that cupcake does fit this year as in ....YOU'RE OUT OF HERE!!!!

Southside fan 78.....and big mike....welllll boys you talked the talk but ?????....looks like Giles walked the walk and takes a convincing victory on the road against "cupcake" region 6-3A. By the way I love cupcakes...

annnddd....sshawks needs some math work.

I repeat...no state champ out of region 6...what were you thinking.....bad news again for region 6...almost every team returns a bunch in region 5 and it will be ugly next year

Well.....

I have to say I was wrong on almost every predidction I made last week..

I said that SS would only lose if the coaching staff didnt bring their A game, and that if SS lost, it wouldnt be because the team didnt show up. The fact of the matter is, the team just shot themselves in the foot one too many times. These things happen sometimes, I just hated to see it happen to this team. I also felt confident that Crockett Co. would would win Friday nigt too.....I heard the Giles Co. coach on 101.5 after the game, and I cant say enough about how that guy impressed me...class act all the way.

In the last 10 years there have been at least 3 SouthSide teams that have had the talent to make it to state, and the first two times I have to say it came down to South Side getting outcoached, but I dont think thats what happened this year. South Side played their worst game in the playoffs against a very solid, very disciplined, very smart Giles Co. team and lost. I'll have to say that doesnt sting nearly as bad as the years when we had the talent and just got outcoached....

As far as my thoughts on you Bulldog69, I can see by your posts that I evidently have a knack for pressing your buttons with my posts...get used to it. Im not goin anywhere. South Side will eventually overcome their coaching problems and when you couple that with a program the continuously turns out the level of talent each year that South Side does, there will come a time that they will go all the way, and when they do I'll be there to see it.

Great season Hawks! I'll take 11-1 every year. :thumb:

Edited by southsidefan78

Well.....

I have to say I was wrong on almost every predidction I made last week..

I said that SS would only lose if the coaching staff didnt bring their A game, and that if SS lost, it wouldnt be because the team didnt show up. The fact of the matter is, the team just shot themselves in the foot one too many times. These things happen sometimes, I just hated to see it happen to this team. I also felt confident that Crockett Co. would would win Friday nigt too.....I heard the Giles Co. coach on 101.5 after the game, and I cant say enough about how that guy impressed me...class act all the way.

In the last 10 years there have been at least 3 SouthSide teams that have had the talent to make it to state, and the first two times I have to say it came down to South Side getting outcoached, but I dont think thats what happened this year. South Side played their worst game in the playoffs against a very solid, very disciplined, very smart Giles Co. team and lost. I'll have to say that doesnt sting nearly as bad as the years when we had the talent and just got outcoached....

As far as my thoughts on you Bulldog69, I can see by your posts that I evidently have a knack for pressing your buttons with my posts...get used to it. Im not goin anywhere. South Side will eventually overcome their coaching problems and when you couple that with a program the continuously turns out the level of talent each year that South Side does, there will come a time that they will go all the way, and when they do I'll be there to see it.

Great season Hawks! I'll take 11-1 every year. :lol:

My button is always pushed when it comes to region 6....and I will always be here and was long before you.....why is it you "played" your worse two games in the playoffs???....must be because of region 5 ....glad to see it only took you four days to show up. You will overcome coaching one of these day and you will be better...that was MY point.....that and the fact you have no real region power every year but yourself. What flavor cupcake do you like???

Now it is time to move on to the real Game at hand Region 5 showdown with Giles at DL......and I am out of here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by bulldog69

That is by far the "trashiest" post i've ever seen. The GC fans are supportive, loyal, and proud of their bobcats. If that offends you so be it. What I find "tacky"

is exiting the stadium when your home team is losing their first of twelve games. Those kids deserve more than that. Loyalty???? I don't think so... If it is trashy and tacky to cheer your team you can always listen to the radio broadcast and avoid the trash. :lol:

The Giles fans were very supportive. The only thing I seen was rushing the field. But it was a big win so that understandable. You hit the nail on the head. It's got to be discouraging as a player to see over half the fans leave the game early in the 4th(after the int). I stayed for the whole game and cheered them for there hard work and a great season. Good luck Giles. Go Hawks!

I could not attend the game so I listened to it on the radio, WKSR was not coming in well I couldn't understand what they were saying so I found 101.5 on the internet and listened to the game and I just wanted to comment on the men who announced the game on 101.5, they did a wonderful job I do not believe that I have enjoyed listening to a game as much as I did that one. I know they were SS fans but never put GC down in fact they built them up. Thank you for that.

I must say, South Side played a great game, but turnovers is what cost them the game. Plain and simple. As for the GC fans....I will have to say they were by far the trashiest fans we have seen this year. Tacky, Tacky, Tacky! But, if the people on here were any indication, we really should've expected that.

Great game South Side players. Great game Giles Co players. You did a great job, both teams. South Side had some stupid mistakes and Giles Co. had some smart plays. That's basically what it came down to.

South Side Fans.......Thanks for being so wonderful all year long. You have tact, loyalty, and above all, you are gracious and and a real "class act."

What did our fans do to make you say something like that about us? Hope it wasn't that we were just loud!

It is not fair to judge all GC fans by just a few-as with anything there will be some who want to start something.

Edited by can't say