Ridgeway v. Wooddale

rhsplaya55

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The winner of this game goes to the state final.

I picked Wooddale to be that team, but Ridgeway of course has been significantly underrated all year, with the same offensive and defensive production as Gallitin.

But yeah, go Wooddale because I picked you.

im not so sure about that...the winner is going to have to play the winner of the bolton white station game... bolton is improving every week with big offensive and spec. teams plays and a great d and white station has has pounded the ball from week 1... the winner of next weeks game will go to the finals...this week is just another step...

im not so sure about that...the winner is going to have to play the winner of the bolton white station game... bolton is improving every week with big offensive and spec. teams plays and a great d and white station has has pounded the ball from week 1... the winner of next weeks game will go to the finals...this week is just another step...

You two keeping skipping a step...After the winner plays bolton or white station, they move on to the semifinals. So you all need three "steps" to make it to the finals and believe me you will not face an easy semi game either. Not good to look ahead so much and not be focused on the week-to-week games.

Even though Woodale will (in all likelihood) put 8-9 defenders in the box, it's ESPECIALLY important that Ridgeway runs the ball anyway. That's the best strategy, IMO, to keep Woodale's explosive offense off the field and on the sideline.

Woodale has trouble defending the run. Consequently, RW should be able to fully utilize its potent running game to control the clock and keep Woodale's high powered offense off the field and, more importantly, off the scoreboard. Meanwhile, RW will manage to put up several scores of its own.

Defensively, I believe that RW will be able to put sufficient pressure on Woodale's QB Perry, and chase him out of his comfort zone -- the pocket. This will, inturn, help ease some pressure off RW's untested DBs, as Perry is nowhere near as accurate when forced out of the pocket. In fact, its been my observation that Perry makes his poorest decisions (i.e. inaccurate passes/interceptions) when he's on the run and/or being pressured.

RW will not be able to contain Woodale for an entire game, however. As a result, Woodale will still score more points vs RWs defense than did any other opponent! Unfortunately for Woodale, it still won't be enough.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Prediction: Ridgeway 17 -- Woodale 14

In the Overton game we started off with a formation that reminded me of the OLD single wing. I'm thinking I saw it a couple of times in the G/town game. I hope to see it alot more from here on out. It puts alot of blockers in front of Crawford and gives him a chance to get outside which is very bad for DB's.

I hope you are right about pressure on QB. Even if they use a TE on our DE we have some LBer's that can also do the job. Our DB's have just got to keep the play in front of them, they are fast and hit hard, but they aren't tall and cann't jump as high as they think they can.

Of course we win the kicking game. As for our passing, maybe some short passes to Crawford but it's to late in the season and the stakes are way too high to trust this part of our offense. When he drops back to pass I'm as nervious as "a cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs". I think W/dale scores on us twice, we CANNOT give them one.

One more thing, no one, nobody, zero people, nary a one came to check on me after last weeks game. Sure hope we have a blue eye, blond hair female medic for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Just saw on TSSAA website where Ridgeway has 3 Mr.Football finalist,Aaron Crawford,Dasmine Cathey,and Josh Jasper.Congrulations to these 3 young men .

AWESOME!!!! Glad to know it is finally out there and we can talk about. We got the call yesterday and have had to sit on it and it hasn't been easy. I don't think the kids even know yet... Whether they win or not, it is a great honor for them to be there! I wonder if one school has ever had 3 finalists before....

In the Overton game we started off with a formation that reminded me of the OLD single wing. I'm thinking I saw it a couple of times in the G/town game. I hope to see it alot more from here on out. It puts alot of blockers in front of Crawford and gives him a chance to get outside which is very bad for DB's.

I hope you are right about pressure on QB. Even if they use a TE on our DE we have some LBer's that can also do the job. Our DB's have just got to keep the play in front of them, they are fast and hit hard, but they aren't tall and cann't jump as high as they think they can.

Of course we win the kicking game. As for our passing, maybe some short passes to Crawford but it's to late in the season and the stakes are way too high to trust this part of our offense. When he drops back to pass I'm as nervious as "a cat with a long tail in a room full of rocking chairs". I think W/dale scores on us twice, we CANNOT give them one.

One more thing, no one, nobody, zero people, nary a one came to check on me after last weeks game. Sure hope we have a blue eye, blond hair female medic for this game!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nope you get the coaches again!

Sorry PAPAW - but I don't think you came to check on me, either! I was a nervous wreck the entire 4th quarter.

Hopefully, this week we can get out front and stay there. I don't want to see it come down to the wire with their big play capability. With Aaron healthy and the defense ready to play, I think our guys will give Wooddale more than they expect.

I'm reading different threads and what not, just minding my own business when I run across a recruiting link. Me being the curious person that I am, I go on and start looking for Memphis guys from the Tennessee list of 2007 recruits. Low and behold what do I come across? Why, this is what I find.

http://insider.espn.go.com/ncf/recruiting/...26season%3d2007

Demardre Dean, 6'-6", 330 lb., OT ... :thumb:

I will be the first to admit that I haven't been to a Ridgeway game, but ... how come I am just now hearing about this behemoth of a lineman? Are those stats accurate or exagerated?

Just wondering.