Fulton at Carter

Road2Three

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a note to the Fulton folks. I read the article in the Sentinel this morning on kwalker. I was familiar with her on coacht and heard when she passed away. What a beautiful and special gal. I know you guys miss her a lot and I think it is great the things you are doing to honor her memory. Condolences again and good luck tonight.

Thank you MHS. She was even better in person than on Coach T. Everything she did she wanted to WIN! She won her battle with cancer, just not the way she expected to win. She said before she died that "God is the Ultimate Healer." She got the Ultimate Healing. I know it is definitely much louder in heaven on Friday nights. She always wanted the best seat in the stands. She has the best seat in the house now! We all miss her very much! My life will never be the same without her. I want to hear some noise from those Falcon Fans tonite! It will take us all to fill the silence left in the stands without KWalker! She is sadly missed but NEVER forgotten.

Thank you MHS. She was even better in person than on Coach T. Everything she did she wanted to WIN! She won her battle with cancer, just not the way she expected to win. She said before she died that "God is the Ultimate Healer." She got the Ultimate Healing. I know it is definitely much louder in heaven on Friday nights. She always wanted the best seat in the stands. She has the best seat in the house now! We all miss her very much! My life will never be the same without her. I want to hear some noise from those Falcon Fans tonite! It will take us all to fill the silence left in the stands without KWalker! She is sadly missed but NEVER forgotten.

What a beautiful story this morning in KNS. 4 My Sisiter; she must be so proud of you, your dad, family, and the way the Falcons have carried forward her wishes in this world as she watches from another. We should all thank God for the people of this story because without their character, Fulton High School, the team(s), and those kids on the field tonight, would not have the foundation for the future that they do. Those men lead, coach, punish, praise, and hear all too often the things that they should do differently from those that just don't know the facts. I saw these boys @ Alcoa, and they were good winners. I saw them lose to Catholic and I saw tremendous class after that game as well. I am sure KWalker saw the same. After reading that story, I now know why. We have more than Veterans to be thankful for today. So, "Thank you", good luck, and may your season go where SHE leads it.

ruse dawg, not as big of a talent gap as some think? Fulton has beat the Hornets 90-3 the last two games. That's a massive gap. Getting blown out once, that's one thing (Alcoa blew Fulton out last year) IF you bounce back (Fulton beat the Tornadoes on the road this year). But getting blown out twice in a row, by a combined score of 90-3? Gaps can't get much bigger than that.

Road2Three. I hear ya. I think I said "it might not be as big of a talent gap as some people think". "Some" of those people might be Hornets. On the other hand the 90-3 thing is a very good point. On the other-other hand talent is not always defined by the scoreboard. UT/Air force or IMHO AE/Brainard earlier this year would be examples. BT Washington out in Memphis has talent out the ears, so does Haywood, but they don't get the W's. Coaching, home field, new gameplans, overlooking or being intimmidated, weather, etc all play into it. Anyway, it is a gap, and to your point, the previous scores are what they are. But.....they are previous, and tonight, who knows....Rutgers beat Louisville. Whooodathunkit???

Very nice and touching article today. I would be proud as well.

A couple of notes on the game.

I think 2 reasons why the last two meetings have gotten so out of hand are that Carter had not played anyone remotely as good as Fulton and Carter's players were probably overhyped.

From all I have hears, #16 was pretty much in shock all night because he had no idea how much faster the flow of the game would be. I think having some idea will help him and the Carter offense. I also think having #2 back on the field will help him as well. I will be curious as to who Freeney will be defending most of the night.

Second, the past two seasons Carter has been entirely too overconfident about this game. I think they may come into this match-up a bit more focused and not as hyped up. Hyped up, yes, but not as in the previosu two meetings. They were so inflated that when they got down they lost every bit of confidence. I think that may be the biggest reason of the two blowouts more than anythign else. From what has been posted, I wonder if Fulton may be a tad bit overhyped this time.

#16 is going to have to have a great game to give Carter a chance. He's got three decent receivers (#2, #11, and #20 - Carter's best athlete) that he needs to try to get the ball to. If Carter can develop any kind of passing game and make Fulton back off a little bit to respect the pass to open up the run, then they might have a chance. Carter could not do it last year or in the first meeting this year.

I think Fulton wins, but I think Carter makes it much more respectable this time. I'm not ruling out a Hornet win, but it's going to have to be their A+ game, plus they are going to have to have some luck and not get down if they get jumped on early.

An addition -

Neither coach is a coach I would describe as "stoic", but one important piece as well is if Coach Wood can remain mild-mannered and calm no matter if Carter gets up or down, especially if Fulton gets up early. He's an emotional guy that sometimes gets carried away. There's room for fire, but he can't panic if Carter falls behind early.

Edited by Solomon

Tonight was the first time I've ever attended a Fulton or Carter football game, and I was completely disgusted, with both teams' discipline. Carter's defense made the game interesting early, just 8-0 Fulton at halftime. There was a series of personal foul and unsportsmanlike penalities in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, for both teams. Multiple player ejections were issued for both squads, which marred this game completely. In each instance, the Fulton players strutted and gestured to the crowd while heading to the sidelines with this swagger that I've only personally witnessed at the University of Miami. The part that made things worse was the fact that their fans actually embraced it! I was ashamed to be on their side of the field. How can you embrace that kind of behavior?! It's no wonder that Miami continues to have the problems that they have. As long as their fans cheer in those situations, it feeds the players' egos.

Carter was clearly getting bated all night long, and their players did not keep their cool, especially after they allowed 2 early scores in the 3rd to make it 22-0. Even the Hornets head coach got called for unsportsmanlike conduct late in the 3rd, which completely illustrated the wheels falling off for the Carter football team. I was completely ashamed of both teams, and at this point, I hope that Catholic wipes the floor with the Falcons next week!

Edited by osunut2

Tonight was the first time I've ever attended a Fulton or Carter football game, and I was completely disgusted, with both teams' discipline. Carter's defense made the game interesting early, just 8-0 Fulton at halftime. There was a series of personal foul and unsportsmanlike penalities in the 2nd and 3rd quarters, for both teams. Multiple player ejections were issued for both squads, which marred this game completely. In each instance, the Fulton players strutted and gestured to the crowd while heading to the sidelines with this swagger that I've only personally witnessed at the University of Miami. The part that made things worse was the fact that their fans actually embraced it! I was ashamed to be on their side of the field. How can you embrace that kind of behavior?! It's no wonder that Miami continues to have the problems that they have. As long as their fans cheer in those situations, it feeds the players' egos.

Carter was clearly getting bated all night long, and their players did not keep their cool, especially after they allowed 2 early scores in the 3rd to make it 22-0. Even the Hornets head coach got called for unsportsmanlike conduct late in the 3rd, which completely illustrated the wheels falling off for the Carter football team. I was completely ashamed of both teams, and at this point, I hope that Catholic wipes the floor with the Falcons next week!

WHOA WHOA WHOA, 3 things.

1. Fulton had 0 ejections(unless something happened late, I know they didn't)

2. Whats wrong with pumping up your own crowd? NOTHING! its done to keep the fans into it.

3. Don't judge fulton if its the 1st game uve seen them play with carter. 2 of the last 3 meetings between these teams have resulted in ejections. ALL FROM CARTER! not 1 player from Fulton in the past 5 years(that i can remember, i know not 1 against carter) has been ejected.*Hint* fulton isnt the only team that has had altercations with Carter.

I think the refs just threw another unsportsmanlike conduct flag on us for discussing the game........

As for the game itself.

Most players are starting to wear down and lose a step this time of year, but I think Rogan is actually getting better. Say what you want about Smith, I'd much rather had Rogan on my team any day of the week. That kid is just a playmaker. Every time he made it back to the line of scrimmage I cringed. The only thing I didn't understand was why the Fulton coaching staff didn't just stay in the I the entire first half and ram it down Carter's throat.

Fulton's D also looked much better than it did three weeks ago. That defense was ridiculously fast. Every time #22 got outside I thought he had 8 or so yards, and here came a linebacker. I'll be interested to see what Smith can do with Freeney on him next week.

Good luck next week against Catholic. With the upsets on the west end of the state last night, they might as well just move this one to Murfreesboro.

Good to hear that we won :thumb: I got scared when I read we had ejected players, lol!! The fact is no one really likes Carter because if their attitude, but oh well better luck next time Carter

Fulton, I was at the AE Catholic game last night, we need to seriously prepare ourselves and NOT get the big head, Catholic is looking fantastic, be pumped and prepared, but not cocky!!

carter showed poor sportsmanship.after the game my brother and i were going to his new kia and we caught 3 punks from carter egging his kia.one had a horner jacket on and one of the others had a carter t-shirt.too bad i hollered first.honestly i would have seriously hurt them despite the fact they were minors.my brother works hard to make ends meet and for this to happen was really classless.we rooted for both teams in the game and after working hard all week look forward to going to a different football game each week."bad" schools like alcoa,fulton,austin east show nothing but class win or lose to us and others property.others cars got egged too but eggs are really bad for paint and there was no need for that.cops were nowhere to be found but i'm sure if i was beating the life out of them i'd be the bad guy and cops would be all over.i am very angry.i can't even enjoy a football game without fear of the losing school damaging our ride.