3. Ridgeway -- 10-0

4. Sevier County -- 9-2

5. Smyrna -- 9-2

6. White Station -- 10-1

7. Dobyns-Bennett -- 10-1

8. Gallatin -- 10-1

9. Farragut -- 8-3

10. Franklin -- 9-2

Not listing honorable mentions during the playoffs.

how in the world can you have teams on here that arn't even in the playoffs? that's farcical.....i'm never looking at any of your top 10's again

how in the world can you have teams on here that arn't even in the playoffs? that's farcical.....i'm never looking at any of your top 10's again

I can't believe you are even considering the possibility that teams not in the playoffs aren't in the top ten. Just because a team is upset doesn't mean they aren't one of the top ten teams in the state.

This is an objective point of view considering the entire season; not just the playoffs. You have to look at it all.

Yes is does - the highest they can be rated now is 17th. There are at least 16 teams better than they are. :)

I simply don't agree. If that were the case than we should just rank people according to won/loss record all season long, regardless of the difficulty of their opponents. That's simply a silly argument to say that a team is worse just because they lost at this time.

They certainly don't have a chance to win it all now, but that doesn't make them the 17th best team in the state.

I simply don't agree. If that were the case than we should just rank people according to won/loss record all season long, regardless of the difficulty of their opponents. That's simply a silly argument to say that a team is worse just because they lost at this time.

They certainly don't have a chance to win it all now, but that doesn't make them the 17th best team in the state.

Stick with basketball...Ravenwood destroys Gallatin and you have Gallatin still in your top ten. Gallatin's SOS was 60th overall going into the playoffs, RHS was 15 so you have contradicted yourself there too.

Edited by jgkarl

so you guys are saying that whoever loses their bowl games in the NCAA should not be ranked at the end, but any team that wins their bowl game should....just because you lost in the playoffs doesn't mean there are 16 teams better than you....I'm sorry but William Blount is a lot better than 90% of the teams still in the playoffs and they barely squeaked by DB, i still see an 11-1 team being in the top 10 before a 7-4

so you guys are saying that whoever loses their bowl games in the NCAA should not be ranked at the end, but any team that wins their bowl game should....just because you lost in the playoffs doesn't mean there are 16 teams better than you....I'm sorry but William Blount is a lot better than 90% of the teams still in the playoffs and they barely squeaked by DB, i still see an 11-1 team being in the top 10 before a 7-4

this is a horrible reference. u cannot compare anything to the waste of a bowl system in college now. u can make the argument that the winner of the 1st and second team is not the national champion because they haven't had to work through a playoff brackett to get there.