BBBest's Top Ten in 5A

basketballisbest

this is a horrible reference. u cannot compare anything to the waste of a bowl system in college now. u can make the argument that the winner of the 1st and second team is not the national champion because they haven't had to work through a playoff brackett to get there.

I would agree that I would love to see a playoff bracket in NCAA, but even if there was, if a team who was ranked number one, before a playoff started, lost in the 1st or second round of the playoffs, they would not drop out of the final season rankings.

Come on be reasonable. I agree, if Ravenwood keeps winning, they will be ahead of Gallatin in a final poll, but that is still a big IF.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how in the world can you have teams on here that arn't even in the playoffs? that's farcical.....i'm never looking at any of your top 10's again

Well, that's a good way of handling the matter. All I am asking is for an honest debate and discussion. I can understand if you disagree, but that doesn't mean that another person's opinion is "farcical" or not worth looking at again.

so you guys are saying that whoever loses their bowl games in the NCAA should not be ranked at the end, but any team that wins their bowl game should....just because you lost in the playoffs doesn't mean there are 16 teams better than you....I'm sorry but William Blount is a lot better than 90% of the teams still in the playoffs and they barely squeaked by DB, i still see an 11-1 team being in the top 10 before a 7-4

Here's an example for you to consider, Ravenwood is 7-4, they have defeated 2 of the 3 teams on this "top ten". Their losses were all to playoff teams(Brentwood Aca. in OT, Brentwood in OT, Franklin and Dickson County). Do I think or care if they should be in this guys top ten, could care less. The point is the same that was made to Gallatin fans...Because you have a great record does not necessarily mean you have a great team!!! Riverdale is ranked 2 in this thing due to a loss to a very good team on a fluke hail mary...They have destroyed everyone else they have played. In any poll, they should be ranked #1.

basketballisbest I like your poll I think it looks like it is correct, and dont listen to all those ravenwood fans you can not loss four games and win one big game and espect to be in the top 10.

What fans from Ravenwood are suggesting they should be in this guys top ten?? Ravenwood guy asked how you can keep teams that were beat in the playoffs(on their home fields no less) in this "top ten". You don't stay ranked if you are sitting at home in anyone's "reasonable" poll. So the guy asked a good question. Please subject yourself to the critics by posting your top ten!

What fans from You don't stay ranked if you are sitting at home in anyone's "reasonable" poll.

So you're telling me that if Brainerd pulled off the miraculous upset which they almost did, that Maryville wouldn't be in a top 10 poll in 4a. That is just ludicrous to say anything like that. Just because you lose in the playoffs doesn't mean you aren't one of the top 10 teams in the state.

Here's an example for you to consider, Ravenwood is 7-4, they have defeated 2 of the 3 teams on this "top ten". Their losses were all to playoff teams(Brentwood Aca. in OT, Brentwood in OT, Franklin and Dickson County). Do I think or care if they should be in this guys top ten, could care less. The point is the same that was made to Gallatin fans...Because you have a great record does not necessarily mean you have a great team!!! Riverdale is ranked 2 in this thing due to a loss to a very good team on a fluke hail mary...They have destroyed everyone else they have played. In any poll, they should be ranked #1.

And if Ravenwood keeps winning, they may very likely earn the top ten recognition once again. But right now, I don't think they yet deserve it. We'll see how things play out.

this is the dumbest pole I have ever seen. I dont care how you try to justify it.

Unfortunately, some people would rather just attack others on here, rather than give reasonable and plausible explanations for their positions. That just simply indicates that they have nothing reasonable and plausible to offer.

Oh well. That's okay. The board is for everyone, almost.