Sullivan South vs. Morristown East

Jedi5

So what does that make the Vikes? they barely got beat by the paper champ...BY 35 POINTS! :lol::lol: It doesn't say much for ya when you call someone a paper champ and then go out and get beat head-tohead. So you didn't win the DB game or the South game...AT HOME. ...take pride in that Volunteer win. :thumb:

How can you say "but the Vikings had NO trouble with Johnson Co." when the score was only 15-6? Wow! What a blowout. You guys have a skewed view of things...a 41-7 loss is closer than the score and a 15-6 win is having NO trouble with a team....OOOOOkkkkkkk...what are they teachin at our our public school systems?

A better statement for the Tennessee High vs. Johnson Co. game would be that there was no doubt who the winner would be after the game started. Tennessee ran on every play except one. They played conservatively and won it in the mud.

Tennessee should take pride in beating a 4A school like Volunteer, especially since the Falcons are in the same classification and will most likely be better next year. Remember, Tennessee High is a 4A school. DB should take pride in beating a 4A school.

Maroon, I'm not trying to blast DB. A few weeks ago I said they would have the toughest road to travel in the playoffs. I knew the Govs would present a formidable challenge to the Indians. Region 2 5A and Region 3 4A are where it's at. :ph34r:

As for this game, I predict South to win by two touchdowns as long as they can spread the Hurricanes out and connect through the air.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what does that make the Vikes? they barely got beat by the paper champ...BY 35 POINTS! :ph34r::lol: It doesn't say much for ya when you call someone a paper champ and then go out and get beat head-tohead. So you didn't win the DB game or the South game...AT HOME. ...take pride in that Volunteer win. :thumb:

How can you say "but the Vikings had NO trouble with Johnson Co." when the score was only 15-6? Wow! What a blowout. You guys have a skewed view of things...a 41-7 loss is closer than the score and a 15-6 win is having NO trouble with a team....OOOOOkkkkkkk...what are they teachin at our our public school systems?

From someone who has seen all 3 teams (MEast, TN High, and Sullivan South) and has also watched close games where Johnson County came out on the losing end, this is the way I see it. Sullivan South is the best team if they play up to their potential followed by Morristown East and then TN High. As we all know, anything can happen in high school football but what I seen was two touchdown passes dropped by Sullivan South that would have made the score alot more lopsided. East had some turnovers that cost them possibly a bigger margin. TN High won the game but it was probably the game we had the best chance to win. Dont get me wrong, if TN High controls the clock and can run it down your throat then they increase their chances 10 fold. Their last scoring drive against us was this type of drive. South and East seem to me to have more potential to score quickly and often. Sullivan South by 14 and West by 21 is my opinion.

If Tenn & South were to win wouldn't the "re-match" take place at South.

That said, I think that M West and South will take their games. Then who would get home field?

If West wins, quarter-final is home game for West, regardless.

If East and TN High win, home game for TN High.

If South and TN High win, home game for South.

Honest question for south fans. What happened when south played johnson co.? I noticed the score was close and that does not always indicate how the game went. Give details of the game.

They almost kicked our butt. We got lucky and escaped the stampede. And you know what? They were good. You have to understand though that at that time back then we were on Crack. We were strung out bad. DB gave us 44 crack rocks and we smoked em' all. We almost went down the crack. We said, "Ah we lost to DB what's the use." 'Cause we actually thought we were going to set that field on fire! And then we got saved...we got righteous, we got reborn. Truly...some of our "Bad Boys" saw the light. We became one...one in spirit and in flesh. And then we came out of the Fire. Ask the Vikings what we are capable of. We won't disrespect you. You might beat us. You might whip us. But if you do then consider yourself Reborn. :thumb:

They almost kicked our butt. We got lucky and escaped the stampede. And you know what? They were good. You have to understand though that at that time back then we were on Crack. We were strung out bad. DB gave us 44 crack rocks and we smoked em' all. We almost went down the crack. We said, "Ah we lost to DB what's the use." 'Cause we actually thought we were going to set that field on fire! And then we got saved...we got righteous, we got reborn. Truly...some of our "Bad Boys" saw the light. We became one...one in spirit and in flesh. And then we came out of the Fire. Ask the Vikings what we are capable of. We won't disrespect you. You might beat us. You might whip us. But if you do then consider yourself Reborn. :ph34r:

Now thats a different take on the South season. :thumb: Very interesting angle there

So what does that make the Vikes? they barely got beat by the paper champ...BY 35 POINTS! It doesn't say much for ya when you call someone a paper champ and then go out and get beat head-tohead. So you didn't win the DB game or the South game...AT HOME. ...take pride in that Volunteer win. :thumb:

You are the very reason your team is going through "H-E double hockey sticks" over their predicted loss this past Friday night. Why don’t you give it a break and you might finally see your team and school get the respect that they deserve on coacht. You are still doing your best to run down the local competition, but let me clue you in on a little secret…the very team that you live to die for is turning in their uniforms AS WE SPEAK !!!!! To be honest…YOU have no further business on these boards so why don’t you leave and go play on the basketball threads. YOU and other DB posters like you place a BIG DARK CLOUD over your school and your program that makes it hard for people who want to say anything good about DB to do so at this point. If I were a football player from DB I would find out who your are and persuade you to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!

Let me clue you in on one more thing…the Vikings could have been beaten by DB three times and by 40+ points per game this year….and we would still be playing Mo West in the second round of the playoffs while you were left with no team to cheer for next week !!! “Do we take pride in the Volunteer win” I wouldn’t say pride, but we are VERY happy to have won our first round playoff game regardless of who it was against. We can compete against the competition that we are pitted against in our division…the question was, can DB? But the answer to that is painfully obvious now!! I really was going to let the DB thing go (with just the paper champion comment) because I truly feel for the DB players and coaches…but you forced my hand. AND I CAN GO ON IF YOU’D LIKE!!!!

Edited by Cap1

From someone who has seen all 3 teams (MEast, TN High, and Sullivan South) and has also watched close games where Johnson County came out on the losing end, this is the way I see it. Sullivan South is the best team if they play up to their potential followed by Morristown East and then TN High.

Just three questions and I’ll get back to topic. Has ANY other team held you star RB to fewer yards than THS did??? Has ANY other team held you team to just 6 total points in a game??? And last but not least…has ANY other team beaten you that only attempted ONE past the ENTIRE GAME!!!!!!!!!???

So if your answer to all of these questions is NO (which we know it is)…how do you rank THS behind EAST and SOUTH??? Ooops…that’s four questions.

Edited by Cap1

I hope people keep down playing the Canes. Sullivan South wins this game

7 times out of ten, but that still leaves 3 times. I just feel like it our time to

beat South. They have won the last two meeting and I fell they think they have

won already.(maybe so) That is why the game is played. If South has

an off night, Morristown East Offense is clicking, lookout. Turnover will be key,

We need to keep ours down & get a few from South. No-one thinks East has

a chance of winning, you maybe right. The game could be Sullivan South Air

raid 45-14 win or a Morristown East up-set 28-17. See everyone friday night.

Go Canes!

I hope people keep down playing the Canes. Sullivan South wins this game

7 times out of ten, but that still leaves 3 times. I just feel like it our time to

beat South. They have won the last two meeting and I fell they think they have

won already.(maybe so) That is why the game is played. If South has

an off night, Morristown East Offense is clicking, lookout. Turnover will be key,

We need to keep ours down & get a few from South. No-one thinks East has

a chance of winning, you maybe right. The game could be Sullivan South Air

raid 45-14 win or a Morristown East up-set 28-17. See everyone friday night.

Go Canes!

Most of these people pumping up South are not South people. And as far as we are concerned...we do not feel we have it in the bag. We know you have more backfield speed than we have seen all year. Backfield speed is a very dangerous thing. Once you break it that's it it's gone. And when you break it once chances are you break it again. We also know what your defense will bring and we have an answer to that. If you are that good on offense then so be it. We look for a blazing high paced game. We can run-n-gun also. By and large the people on here that are pounding you are people we have played. They respect us. No one disrespects you. You're the only ones that got close to M West...that is foremost in our minds.

You are the very reason your team is going through "H-E double hockey sticks" over their predicted loss this past Friday night. Why don’t you give it a break and you might finally see your team and school get the respect that they deserve on coacht. You are still doing your best to run down the local competition, but let me clue you in on a little secret…the very team that you live to die for is turning in their uniforms AS WE SPEAK !!!!! To be honest…YOU have no further business on these boards so why don’t you leave and go play on the basketball threads. YOU and other DB posters like you place a BIG DARK CLOUD over your school and your program that makes it hard for people who want to say anything good about DB to do so at this point. If I were a football player from DB I would find out who your are and persuade you to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!

Let me clue you in on one more thing…the Vikings could have been beaten by DB three times and by 40+ points per game this year….and we would still be playing Mo West in the second round of the playoffs while you were left with no team to cheer for next week !!! “Do we take pride in the Volunteer win” I wouldn’t say pride, but we are VERY happy to have won our first round playoff game regardless of who it was against. We can compete against the competition that we are pitted against in our division…the question was, can DB? But the answer to that is painfully obvious now!! I really was going to let the DB thing go (with just the paper champion comment) because I truly feel for the DB players and coaches…but you forced my hand. AND I CAN GO ON IF YOU’D LIKE!!!!

Let me give you some advice Cap1, Try not posting something negative about DB on a thread for once in your life. I bet you won't get a negative post about your school if you try that.