Sullivan South vs. Morristown East

Jedi5

Honest question for south fans. What happened when south played johnson co.? I noticed the score was close and that does not always indicate how the game went. Give details of the game.

Well actually Johnson County is a pretty good team and they have a real good RB but having said that South had twice as many yards as they did and could not get in the end zone and then they missed two field goals and a extra point on top of that. Since then South has worked out there Red Zone problems by adding a few wrinkles and the result has brought us to here.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just three questions and I’ll get back to topic. Has ANY other team held you star RB to fewer yards than THS did??? Has ANY other team held you team to just 6 total points in a game??? And last but not least…has ANY other team beaten you that only attempted ONE past the ENTIRE GAME!!!!!!!!!???

So if your answer to all of these questions is NO (which we know it is)…how do you rank THS behind EAST and SOUTH??? Ooops…that’s four questions.

Obviously the answer to all your questions is no. THS played a very good game against us and the last drive they had was nothing less than hard noised football. If they play this style and dont fall behind they can compete against anyone. As for your last question, I rank them in this order because of offensive potential. In the game against THS the field was in terrible condition. Atwoods speed was a non factor and THS was a much bigger overall team so the power game was in your favor. To be honest, I felt the game was not decided until that last drive. The missed extra point really hurt us and to be honest that safety on the holding in the end zone call was something I havent seen in high school football in years. 9 of the 15 points came from that call and the ensuing drive. South has a ton of fire power if they play. They dropped 2 passes against us behind the safety and also missed a short field goal. East also looked like they had mutiple options on offense. I love hard nosed football and have nothing against THS or any of the teams. I just fell like they have less options with the passing game. In other words, they probably had the best running game of the three but really had no passing game. This was not just in our game but throughout the year. My predictions are what I feel is real but I would like to see the Mountain Lakes teams win. Good luck to all.

You are the very reason your team is going through "H-E double hockey sticks" over their predicted loss this past Friday night. Why don’t you give it a break and you might finally see your team and school get the respect that they deserve on coacht. You are still doing your best to run down the local competition, but let me clue you in on a little secret…the very team that you live to die for is turning in their uniforms AS WE SPEAK !!!!! To be honest…YOU have no further business on these boards so why don’t you leave and go play on the basketball threads. YOU and other DB posters like you place a BIG DARK CLOUD over your school and your program that makes it hard for people who want to say anything good about DB to do so at this point. If I were a football player from DB I would find out who your are and persuade you to KEEP YOUR MOUTH SHUT!!!!!!

Let me clue you in on one more thing…the Vikings could have been beaten by DB three times and by 40+ points per game this year….and we would still be playing Mo West in the second round of the playoffs while you were left with no team to cheer for next week !!! “Do we take pride in the Volunteer win” I wouldn’t say pride, but we are VERY happy to have won our first round playoff game regardless of who it was against. We can compete against the competition that we are pitted against in our division…the question was, can DB? But the answer to that is painfully obvious now!! I really was going to let the DB thing go (with just the paper champion comment) because I truly feel for the DB players and coaches…but you forced my hand. AND I CAN GO ON IF YOU’D LIKE!!!!

Get real dude. You want to tell people to stop running down the competition yet you, a Tennessee High "fan", posted a comment on a thread about South/MoEast calling DB paper champions....now who is running down who? If no DB person posted one message, there would still be your trash. But you want to reflect it back as "we don't give you respect". I have read very little against other teams from DB fans and but you can find on most threads with fans from this area a post, actually many posts, that are very degrading to the program. Remember when you are pointing the finger at someone else there are 4 pointing back at you. That advice was free thank you very much :D

Let me clue you in on one more thing…the Vikings could have been beaten by DB three times and by 40+ points per game this year….and we would still be playing Mo West in the second round of the playoffs while you were left with no team to cheer for next week !!! “Do we take pride in the Volunteer win” I wouldn’t say pride, but we are VERY happy to have won our first round playoff game regardless of who it was against. We can compete against the competition that we are pitted against in our division…the question was, can DB? But the answer to that is painfully obvious now!! I really was going to let the DB thing go (with just the paper champion comment) because I truly feel for the DB players and coaches…but you forced my hand. AND I CAN GO ON IF YOU’D LIKE!!!!

That's alot of WEs...did you play Friday night?

Let me give you some advice Cap1, Try not posting something negative about DB on a thread for once in your life. I bet you won't get a negative post about your school if you try that.

You know what…you can talk all you want about my team or anyone else’s…that would be your opinion and everyone has the right to express it. But the FACT is that your team is done, and so are you as far as I’m concerned…so would you PLEASE exit the building and take your little DB friend marronandgray with you!! Go back and whine on your “CRY BABY” thread you started. NO ONE CARES ABOUT DB ON THIS THREAD!!!

You act like when the letters D and B are typed in a post it’s like the WACO version of the Batman Signal over Gotham City or something. :lol:

Obviously the answer to all your questions is no. THS played a very good game against us and the last drive they had was nothing less than hard noised football. If they play this style and dont fall behind they can compete against anyone. As for your last question, I rank them in this order because of offensive potential. In the game against THS the field was in terrible condition. Atwoods speed was a non factor and THS was a much bigger overall team so the power game was in your favor. To be honest, I felt the game was not decided until that last drive. The missed extra point really hurt us and to be honest that safety on the holding in the end zone call was something I havent seen in high school football in years. 9 of the 15 points came from that call and the ensuing drive. South has a ton of fire power if they play. They dropped 2 passes against us behind the safety and also missed a short field goal. East also looked like they had mutiple options on offense. I love hard nosed football and have nothing against THS or any of the teams. I just fell like they have less options with the passing game. In other words, they probably had the best running game of the three but really had no passing game. This was not just in our game but throughout the year. My predictions are what I feel is real but I would like to see the Mountain Lakes teams win. Good luck to all.

I see where you’re coming from. South does have the firepower. The only difference in our games with them is…you know the passes they dropped in your game…well they caught them in our game!!! :lol:

Here is the record and points break down:

Region 1

Sullivan South 10-1 Opponents Record 56-55 Points For 323 (29.4 PPG AVG) Points Against 125 (11.4 PPG AVG)

Region 2

Morristown East 8-3 OR 59-52 PF 325 (29.5 PPG AVG) PA 201 (18.3 PPG AVG)

AN UNNAMED WEB SITE PREDICTS THE SCORE TO BE: SS 28 EAST 21

Common Opponents

Morristown East and Sullivan South

Greeneville East 28 – 23 SS 28 – 21

Daniel Boone East 28 – 7 SS 49 – 6

Johnson Co East 17 – 14 SS 14 – 10

That being said, the strength of East is their running game and speed. It is a yardage and clock eating offense. If SS is not able to get a stop or two they will lose this game (the clock will click away while they are on defense). On the other hand, the strength of SS is their passing game. This is potentially an offense that will make huge gains and score a ton of points extremely quickly, but normally does not use much clock. If East's past defense is as weak as some East fans have stated then the above predition will prove true.

I believe SS will win, but since it is Morristown East, I am pulling for them.

Edited by leectn

Hang on a sec...

According to the TSSAA Playoff bracets:

The winner of the Tennessee High vs. Morristown West game will HOST the winner of the Sullivan South vs. Morristown East game.

The way it works-- if West wins they will host no matter who wins the other games. If TH and East win, then TH will host. If TH and SS win then SS will host due to their number one seed in region 1.

Unless he moves, he would sit out a year.

Does he plan on prepping a year at DB?

Nonsense.

Go Rebs, beat the Canes. Curt Phillips and the Rebel passing attack will be to much for the run oriented Morristown East Hurricanes. I'll be in attendence since my Dobyns Bennett Indians blundered last week at home. Also, I'm hearing rumors Phillips is considering transfering to DB...anyone heard anything?