Courtney Coffey

In Hoc Signo Vinces

I have heard that he lives in Spring Hill and would catch a bus to JPII. The rumor is pretty strong that he certified last Saturday so my question is how & why did he become certified if he is not at JPII?

I was told near Spring Hill but maybe in Williamson county. So thats Page High School?

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know for an absolute fact he is zoned for Independence. I have been friends with the family since Courtney was in 7th grade. However their younger son chose to go to brentwood instead of IHS. Brentwood has open zoning. I would assume that if he was to go to a public school that school would be Brentwood even though he is zoned for Independence.

Where is he zoned for? I'm sure is this was a one time mistake most programs would like to see him on the mat. Come on over and where the black and gold of the Commandos :thumb:

I dont think this was a one time mistake. JPII does not take expelling a student lightly. The word is that this was his second BIG mistake. I dont I really dont get it. Isnt his father a Cop? What a Waste, to have all that potential and throw it away for a cell phone.

I thought like several other posts that he would not be eligible the rest of this year because of the 20 day rule. That states you must be enrolled for 20 days of a prior semester before you can compete in a current semester for a school if you are a local transfer. Maybe he got a TSSAA pass.

So is he at Brentwood or Independence?

I have heard that he lives in Spring Hill and would catch a bus to JPII. The rumor is pretty strong that he certified last Saturday so my question is how & why did he become certified if he is not at JPII?

cbg----I'm like you. Until someone turns this rumor into fact ( which hopefully won't be the case, for Courtney's sake), this seems to be a lot of speculation, particularly if he certified this past weekend with the JPII team. But there is one possiblity as to why this might happen. Looking at the TSSAA eligibility rules, Rule 12 (j) says that a student who transfers from School A to School B and then returns to School A without ever having played or practiced any sport at any level at School B is eligible on his return to School A. So if this story is true, and the punishment is suspension for the remainder of the semester, but he can return to finish at JPII if he goes to another school and stays out of trouble for the rest of the semester, then it would seem that he would be eligible to wrestle second semester at JPII as long as he did not play or practice any sport while at the other school. So that could be a reason to certify Saturday while he was still at JPII ( I am assuming punishment started this week).

If the story is true, then all the questions about where he is zoned wouldn't seem to matter. Unless he is transferring due to a bona fide change in residence, the transfer rules would appear to require that he sit out a year since his last participation in wrestling, which was the DII finals. However, since he participated in wrestling last year at JPII, the rules appear to indicate that he could transfer and be eligible to play another winter sport such as basketball. I saw Courtney as a 7th grade wrestler for Freedom Middle School at the HVAC tournament stand flat footed, jump and slap the inside face of the archway over the doorway that separates the big gym at MBA from the hallway in front of the concession stand. Lots of jaws hit the floor. My guess is Courtney can play basketball if he wants to.

But let's all hope that this is just a rumor that did not need to get started, isn't true, and Coffee is on the mat for JPII this winter from the start. He is fun to watch, unless its your team's 215 he is up against.

Well stated Buck! I sure hope & wish none of this story is true. Yes, it is my understanding that the family lives in the Spring Hill area. That would mean they are zoned either Page or Independence. However, if Brentwood is open zoned that is also a possibility.

Okay here is my question - if you were this kid and you had actually done this crime, would you want to have to face his Dad? Man, he is a big manly MAN! I really don't think I would want him mad at me! This has to be one of the sweetest families I have come across, good parents and good kids.

I've watch Court since he was a Freedom Star and he does have raw ability. If this is true - we need to keep this family in our thoughts and prayers that everything gets straightened out and turned back around.

cbg----I'm like you. Until someone turns this rumor into fact ( which hopefully won't be the case, for Courtney's sake), this seems to be a lot of speculation, particularly if he certified this past weekend with the JPII team. But there is one possiblity as to why this might happen. Looking at the TSSAA eligibility rules, Rule 12 (j) says that a student who transfers from School A to School B and then returns to School A without ever having played or practiced any sport at any level at School B is eligible on his return to School A. So if this story is true, and the punishment is suspension for the remainder of the semester, but he can return to finish at JPII if he goes to another school and stays out of trouble for the rest of the semester, then it would seem that he would be eligible to wrestle second semester at JPII as long as he did not play or practice any sport while at the other school. So that could be a reason to certify Saturday while he was still at JPII ( I am assuming punishment started this week).

If the story is true, then all the questions about where he is zoned wouldn't seem to matter. Unless he is transferring due to a bona fide change in residence, the transfer rules would appear to require that he sit out a year since his last participation in wrestling, which was the DII finals. However, since he participated in wrestling last year at JPII, the rules appear to indicate that he could transfer and be eligible to play another winter sport such as basketball. I saw Courtney as a 7th grade wrestler for Freedom Middle School at the HVAC tournament stand flat footed, jump and slap the inside face of the archway over the doorway that separates the big gym at MBA from the hallway in front of the concession stand. Lots of jaws hit the floor. My guess is Courtney can play basketball if he wants to.

But let's all hope that this is just a rumor that did not need to get started, isn't true, and Coffee is on the mat for JPII this winter from the start. He is fun to watch, unless its your team's 215 he is up against.

So if he goes back to JPII he can wrestle, if not his season is over?

You know why I think the whole thing is sad? This kid may come from the nicest family in town, and they are. But a Kid that receives a chance like he has gotten then screws it up this way? He didn't accidentally steal this, things are stolen on purpose. and his dad is a cop, so he knew the consequences. I think it is sad for PJP to have invested so much time in to a kid that didn't appreciate his opportunity.

You know why I think the whole thing is sad? This kid may come from the nicest family in town, and they are. But a Kid that receives a chance like he has gotten then screws it up this way? He didn't accidentally steal this, things are stolen on purpose. and his dad is a cop, so he knew the consequences. I think it is sad for PJP to have invested so much time in to a kid that didn't appreciate his opportunity.

He's not the 1st or the last!

I was really looking forward to watching him this year. :lol:

Announcements