Hampton & Cosby shoud be to 2A

#1landerfan

If the T$$AA had not change the rules on classification from 2 Years to 4 Years, Hampton and Cosby would moved up to 2A. Listed below is the enrollment at the end of 2006.

398 and under is 1A

Cloudland 218

Grace 250 (Grace has only 139 and must be multipied by 1.8)

Unaka 348

Jellico 353

Cosby 411

Hampton 443

Harriman has 301

North Greene has 400, only over by 2

If your blaming Hampton and Cosby for Cloudland not making the playoffs, dont. You should have beat Unaka, Jellico, or Grace Christian

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Cosby was 2a they would be in there with...

North Greene-beat them 27-0

West Greene-Beat them 48-12(or something like that)

Chuckey Doak-Beat them bad too.

South Greene-Cocke co beat them 14-7 so....

Happy Valley-Cosby would have beat em this year

Cumberland Gap- 1A Coalfield beat em 48-0

Gatlinburg-Pittman-Good ball team, but they'll be watchin friday like us.

So I figure Cosby would have Hosted a playoff game this year in that region.

get real cosby would not survive i 2a this year ys but .... h-v, sg, gp, cum. gap all would have waxed them!

I'm just being honest, you underestimate South Greene, Even Happy Valley would have been a tough test at the end of the season. They dominated Chucky Doak alot worse than you guys did. Halftime score was bad. This was a very weak year for region 2 2a. Even GP was away overrated. Hampton at full strength would have probably beat them.

You're dreaming!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You got by Cosby by how much? Cosby lost to Midway. GP beat Midway 42-7. When was the last time Hampton beat GP?

HAHA!!! Just another Cloudland fan crying because they are horrible this year. You are probably one of the fans that set on the Trousdale side last year and cheered against Hampton. Just think, even if Hampton was in 2A, they would still be beating Cloudland's brains in. The Landers wouldn't be able to escape that beatdown.

Not crying, just putting some # out. We just had a bad year and was not very good. No 2-8 team should make the playoff Very few Senior or Junior. Key player hurt. Had to start Freshman, but CHS will be back. Our Jr High only lost one game last year and was undefeated this year. Beat Rogersville for the

Regional Title.

WRONG. I sat on the Hampton side with a large group of CHS fan cheering for Hampton You are judging everyone from CHS by a few loudmouth fans. I have know Mike and JC for many years and consider both a good friend

I was looking on the TSSAA web site a few weeks ago, and if I am correct the rule book says that a school must move + or - 20% in enrolement. Hampton was at 17. something %. So sorry thair #1landerfan, but Hampton ant going any where, besides if they moved up it would take all the fun out of Coach T and or regular season match up.

I think G-P would have beat Hampton...Townsend or not. Unless Midway just played their worst game of the year a couple weeks ago.

The key word Shocker is, think. Midway was only down 21 to 7 at about the start of the 4th quarter. At that point it got out of hand. Have you ever give any thought that Hampton just might be better than Midway. I'll be honest , I really don't know, things will clear up alot Friday Night. I think Hampton is alot stronger than most people in region 2 realize. I'll agree with what I've heard all year about Oneida,they have a strong defense and a smart defensive coach. Hampton put up nearly 400 yards offense, Adam defineately makes us better, but we have several more that can tote the rock.

Guest Shocker0

If Hampton is better than Midway...there also better than Coalfield and Harriman. So like you said, things will clear up Friday and if Hampton gets by Harriman pretty easily they have a good shot at beating Coalfield/Midway. But also I read an article on the Hampton Oneida game and it sounded like Oneida moved the ball pretty good too, which is something they couldn't do against harriman, Midway, and Coalfield

I think G-P would have beat Hampton...Townsend or not. Unless Midway just played their worst game of the year a couple weeks ago.

Something else you thought, Midway would beat GP. I'll give one more list of examples. Johnson Co beat CAK by a couple of tds, CAK beat Sweetwater.Sweetwater beat GP by a couple of tds. Hampton should have beat Johnson Co. The stat sheet wasn't close. Hampton just turned the ball over all night, Really none of this makes any difference, but I'm telling you ,Hampton can be pretty good. None of the region 2 people gave Hampton much of a chance last year either,look what happened. The more I check ,the more confident I get. Hampton is probably the team going to the 4th round. Don't confuse me with the Hampton coaching staff or anyone else, I'm nothing more than an avid football fan. I just compare alot of stuff and at this point,we look pretty good.