Hampton & Cosby shoud be to 2A

#1landerfan

If Hampton is better than Midway...there also better than Coalfield and Harriman. So like you said, things will clear up Friday and if Hampton gets by Harriman pretty easily they have a good shot at beating Coalfield/Midway. But also I read an article on the Hampton Oneida game and it sounded like Oneida moved the ball pretty good too, which is something they couldn't do against harriman, Midway, and Coalfield

Oneida moved the ball on all three, they couldn' run the ball a lick against Hampton, they completed a few passes but the passing got them in trouble at the tune of three interceptions. I know about all the games, its my passion.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Shocker0

I thought Midway would beat GP. And when I saw they lost 42-7 I realized that GP is a pretty good team. You can't compare scores for every teams because you play them at different times in the season instead of one right after another. You played Johnson County in the first game of the season, they might be better by now. And yes, last year a lot of people were wrong about Hampton, including me...but this year I think our whole region besides Greenback and Oakdale is better, while your region has gotten worse with the exception of Hampton. So you can't compare the wins so much against your region as an indication of how the Harriman game will go. But if Hampton does win, they will get a lot more respect, last year they didn't because Harriman wasn't considered to be as good as they are this season, but people thought they would beat Hampton anyway because of their region. But I will say this, if Coalfield had 300 something kids like you guys, it wouldn't even be a contest.

Something else you thought, Midway would beat GP. I'll give one more list of examples. Johnson Co beat CAK by a couple of tds, CAK beat Sweetwater.Sweetwater beat GP by a couple of tds. Hampton should have beat Johnson Co. The stat sheet wasn't close. Hampton just turned the ball over all night, Really none of this makes any difference, but I'm telling you ,Hampton can be pretty good. None of the region 2 people gave Hampton much of a chance last year either,look what happened. The more I check ,the more confident I get. Hampton is probably the team going to the 4th round. Don't confuse me with the Hampton coaching staff or anyone else, I'm nothing more than an avid football fan. I just compare alot of stuff and at this point,we look pretty good.

Pujo you seem like a more than educated Hampton fan, so please answer this for me: Why has Johnson County tripped you guys up for the past two years? Now I'm definitely not downplaying the Longhorns, I have nothing but respect for Atwood and the men he makes up in Mountain City, I'm honestly just curious as to why Hampton can't jump that mental hurdle. I had the opportunity to watch this match-up this year and last, and both games were Hampton's to take. Turnovers kill and credit does have to be given to the defense that forces them, but is there something else in the mix? Does Atwood have JC and Lunsford's number? Again, I'm just an objective observer who's curious about this Carter/ Johnson County match-up

Best of Luck on Friday

One thing you have to remember about classification: there is no particular number that makes you 1A, 2A, etc.

The TSSAA divides the teams into fifths (in football) as equally as it can. The 20 percent with the lowest enrollments are 1A, the next 20 percent is 2A, and so on. Enrollments can increase for any school and not necessarily move it into the next highest classification.

If you look at the current numbers, you will see the classes basically have 60 teams each in them--some a few more, some a few less.

Just because a school passes a certain number in enrollment does not mean it will be in a higher classification the next time around. If everyone is basically increasing in enrollment, the scale will just slide upward with it, the way I understand it.

I thought Midway would beat GP. And when I saw they lost 42-7 I realized that GP is a pretty good team. You can't compare scores for every teams because you play them at different times in the season instead of one right after another. You played Johnson County in the first game of the season, they might be better by now. And yes, last year a lot of people were wrong about Hampton, including me...but this year I think our whole region besides Greenback and Oakdale is better, while your region has gotten worse with the exception of Hampton. So you can't compare the wins so much against your region as an indication of how the Harriman game will go. But if Hampton does win, they will get a lot more respect, last year they didn't because Harriman wasn't considered to be as good as they are this season, but people thought they would beat Hampton anyway because of their region. But I will say this, if Coalfield had 300 something kids like you guys, it wouldn't even be a contest.

Coalfield is my favorite team in region and I think the coaching staff does a heck of a job ,but I'll give you something to ponder. Cloudland was about the same size school as Coalfield and when a certain coach was at Cloudland ,they did pretty good against region 2. well that coach is at Hampton now with several more good coaches, You probably don't remember the two years Cloudland choose to play in 2a. They even competed pretty well against the likes of Austin East . Numbers does make a differnce, but not nearly as much as you might think. Ive been into this for a LONG time. Its all about you're program.

Pujo you seem like a more than educated Hampton fan, so please answer this for me: Why has Johnson County tripped you guys up for the past two years? Now I'm definitely not downplaying the Longhorns, I have nothing but respect for Atwood and the men he makes up in Mountain City, I'm honestly just curious as to why Hampton can't jump that mental hurdle. I had the opportunity to watch this match-up this year and last, and both games were Hampton's to take. Turnovers kill and credit does have to be given to the defense that forces them, but is there something else in the mix? Does Atwood have JC and Lunsford's number? Again, I'm just an objective observer who's curious about this Carter/ Johnson County match-up

Best of Luck on Friday

Ah its really nothing more than the way the ole ball bounces. Atwood defineately didn't have Lunsfords #. When at Cloudland, he beat Johnson Co so many times until Johnson Co finally dropped them. You are right, Hampton should have won both years,but mistakes killed them both years.I will say one thing, Johnson Co has stepped it up over the last few years. I hope Hampton keeps them on the schedule. I've heard Hampton is going to play Avery next season, I'm ready for that one already.

Gut Wrench Gary says Cosby can't even beat the MUFFIN teams in 1A, much less 2A. Cosby is one of the biggest muffin teams in single A. Gut Wrench Gary says that they would get embarassed if they moved up. Hampton might could hold there on, but I doubt they would be playoff contenders.

Thought you were busy with Trousdale! You move around from team to team oh yeah except for Cosby! You are nothing but a trader and don't understand what commitment means to a team! As for Cosby we don't give a care what you say about us we are true to one another and wish all the other teams in our 1A good luck! If they move us up that's ok if they don't we will still be ok our boys just want to play football! This is the last time I am even going to acknoledge you because you just want to make trouble! You need to move over to wrestling forum or just SHUT UP ABOUT COSBY!!!! We are none of your concern!!!

Thought you were busy with Trousdale! You move around from team to team oh yeah except for Cosby! You are nothing but a trader and don't understand what commitment means to a team! As for Cosby we don't give a care what you say about us we are true to one another and wish all the other teams in our 1A good luck! If they move us up that's ok if they don't we will still be ok our boys just want to play football! This is the last time I am even going to acknoledge you because you just want to make trouble! You need to move over to wrestling forum or just SHUT UP ABOUT COSBY!!!! We are none of your concern!!!

Gut Wrench Gary is just stating the facts that Cosby can't even compete in 1A, much less 2A. Gut Wrench Gary's Yellow Jackets would beat the Cosby Muffins by a bunch. Gut Wrench Gary came to the Midway/Cosby game last week and Gut Wrench Gary saw just how big of Muffins Cosby was. The best thing about that trip was the meal at Ryan's. Gut Wrench Gary says that Cosby needs to come watch Gut Wrench Gary's Yellow Jackets and just see how good other teams really are instead of the Muffins in Region 1.