Tennessee Temple

gofish12

If Joey doesn't return next year what else can you call it. You might white wash it by saying that he is just trying to better himself, but the truth is that the football team next year is in trouble and he and his dad doesn't want him to play in that kind of situation. I understand why they would want to move he is a good player who could put up some good numbers if surrounded by other talent and that could create other opportunities for him, but for the players on the team next year who are counting on him he won't be there, so just call it what it is and don't try to defend it and thats ok.

[/quote/]

I know the skogens and i can tell you that the reason they are leaving is not because they are afraid to lose( i mean look at their program when they first started, they stunk)

It is honestly unsafe for joey to run the ball behind that line they will have next year if you could see the team they will be playing with next year you would agree with me 100%. he would be out with an injury 2 to 3 games into the season.

and, i bet that the reason he's leaving is not just for sports, Mccallie has the best education in the city, and i'm sure thats's what his parents want for him.

also he is very good friends with Seth Wadley, and seth really likes it over there.

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First, you are an @$$. Yes 141111 is coach skogen has been the whole time he has had the name and he has always been open about that being him... He was not ignoring questions if you freking idiots would learn to read you would know that he did not respond to answer questions that you morons are asking...he responded to the challenges to his commitment to temple and his commitment to christian education...that was his point... I guarantee if anything happens with the skogens or coach skogen it will be in the paper we will just have to wait and see...

Pasture..In high school 1 person can carry a team....

Old- School baller- skogens are not jumping ship...the only question is whether Joey is going to mcCallie...

Hey 149, How about showing a little respect for people who are just expressing their opinions. It is fine if you do not agree with them, that is what a discussion is about. We are all just expressing our uneducated opinions. If we all knew the answers to the questions, we would not be asking them. Cut us all a little slack. If you know the answer to the question, then give it but, show us a little mercy.

I agree with you that one person can carry a team but my point really was more that one person does not make a team. It takes two just to inbound the ball. As good as one person is, it is doubtful that he can take on five by himself, right?

Sweet googlie mooglie. I just caught up on my reading on this thread. I am glad I haven't posted in a while. All this talk about the Skogen's and what Joey will do. I know everyone wants to know, but Rev Kev has the right to keep his decisions to himself. He doesn't owe anyone on here an explanation. If he chooses to disclose information on Joey's education then fine. Everyone is turning this into a Soap Opera.

This is a thread about Temple basketball. Not Joey. Not Coach Skogen. We all know Seth Skogen will play this year. Seriously, let's talk about the team and what they will accomplish this year. Everyone has to be in the Skogen's personal life.

So, Temple plays Silverdale tonight. Let's hear it from the Silverdale fans. How do you think this game will go over tonight? Silverdale fans on here have been saying how Silverdale will be pretty decent. Is anyone going or am I the only one going to be there? Is everyone else going to be here talking about the Skogens and Joey's decisions?

Temple wins 89-71.

cool. I didn't make it to the 21st game but I heard 21st Century is better this year and Temple had to work to win. I am sure 21st has improved, but that was Temple's first game. I say next time around it won't be as close. Anyways, since mtnman is the only one talking, why you think it will a high scoring game? I don't really know what to expect from Silverdale. Haven't seen them this year.

Edited by PBG030

cool. I didn't make it to the 21st game but I heard 21st Century is better this year and Temple had to work to win. I am sure 21st has improved, but that was Temple's first game. I say next time around it won't be as close. Anyways, since mtnman is the only one talking, why you think it will a high scoring game? I don't really know what to expect from Silverdale. Haven't seen them this year.

Tay Bay!! Nice to see u on here again. And thank you...this is all retarded. Why does everybody have to be so nosy...just let the Skogens make their decisions...although it is kinda weird...Temple with no Skogens...Anyway, best of luck to Coach Skogen and his family and any decision he might make

OKay, 1 4 9, help me out....were those expletives Greek or Hebrew, I guess they must be one of them since you are so strong in defending Christian education! I simply asked a question I did not know....just needed a simple answer without being called a name. We have 11 pages written here, most with unanswered questions. Asking them does not mean you have someone "go off" because it really makes you and those you support look really defensive.....what are you worried about? As far as Temple's game tonight, they will win because Silverdale will be playing against last years Temple team in their mind. Next game against them will be closer.....same as what happened at 21st Century. Teams will adapt to Temple's lack of quality depth (minus two good players). You can't argue that.

OKay, 1 4 9, help me out....were those expletives Greek or Hebrew, I guess they must be one of them since you are so strong in defending Christian education! I simply asked a question I did not know....just needed a simple answer without being called a name. We have 11 pages written here, most with unanswered questions. Asking them does not mean you have someone "go off" because it really makes you and those you support look really defensive.....what are you worried about? As far as Temple's game tonight, they will win because Silverdale will be playing against last years Temple team in their mind. Next game against them will be closer.....same as what happened at 21st Century. Teams will adapt to Temple's lack of quality depth (minus two good players). You can't argue that.

Minus which two good players? Seth Wadley? Joey Skogen? Joey only got garbage minutes last year. He has not played enough for the varsity team to even realize that he isn't playing. Seth only had one good year invested. He only saw garbage minutes the year before. Granted Joey and Seth are good players but neither one has a long enough history on the team to be missed much. I hope you do not misunderstand my statements to be negative towards them. The foundation of Temple's team is Seth Skogen, Josh Smith, Dee Newsome, and Jeremy Sexton. All four were major players last year.

It does not seem you are very familiar with Temple's basketball program. Now if you were thinking about last year's Grace team, that would be more accurate. They lost 4 GOOD seniors and had no bench to speak of. Temple, on the other hand, has depth that you may just not be familiar with.