Mr. Football Finalists (2006)

TigerBenchPress

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have you seen Chris Donald? He could be the most talented player in the state.

11th rated player in the nation. He will be suiting up for Notre Dame or the Vols in the fall. I think the finalist are considered the best three football players in their position.

Donald has been nominated as a lineman (LB). He is one of the best players in the state. Yes, he was hurt but even hurt he was better than 90% of the players in the state at the position. Plus, he appears to be a great kid who does the job in the classroom as well. I hope he goes to TN. they need some guys who stay out of trouble.....

This is from the press release from the TSSAA...

A committee of statewide sports writers selected winners based on performance in the 2006 regular season. Academics and character were also taken into consideration. High school head coaches and members of the media nominated the finalists.

This does not mean he isn't the 11th rated person in the nation. It doesn't take into consideration where he is playing college football at. It doesn't mean that he is better than 90% of the players in the state at that position. It means what did you do this year. I have seen Chris and he is one heck of a ballplayer. I just don't think that you can miss half of the games and still receive this award.

Well I guess I am mistaken. According to everything I have been reading, I was under the impression that Donald only played half of the games this year. This is from the Jackson Sun.

One of three finalists for Class 2A Lineman of the Year, Donald was the area's lone repeat finalist from last year. The senior was limited to eight games this season with a nagging left hamstring injury, but still logged 65 tackles (13 for loss), five sacks, three forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and also rushed for 429 yards and seven touchdowns on 74 carries.

Not bad numbers.

I would liked to have seen Joey Beach from Cheatham County get a nomination for Mr. Football in 3A. The kid played on a play-off team that wasn't supposed to be, had 50 catches for 1049 yards and 15 Td's, ran for 189 and 2 Td's, threw for 135 and 2 Td's, led the Mid-State with a 43.3 punting average in 21 attempts, and had his best performances against the best teams. I know the other 3 guys are deserving too, so I do not want to take credit away from them, but Beach had an UNBELIEVABLE season for a receiver in Tennessee not to even get a nomination.

Congrats to the 3 nominees Dennis Rogan, Fulton

Harrison Smith, Knoxville Catholic, and Randall Toney, Station Camp.

Have you seen Chris Donald? He could be the most talented player in the state.

11th rated player in the nation. He will be suiting up for Notre Dame or the Vols in the fall. I think the finalist are considered the best three football players in their position.

Donald has been nominated as a lineman (LB). He is one of the best players in the state. Yes, he was hurt but even hurt he was better than 90% of the players in the state at the position. Plus, he appears to be a great kid who does the job in the classroom as well. I hope he goes to TN. they need some guys who stay out of trouble.....

I'm not exactly feeling ya.... i have no problem with him being a finalist because that means nothing - but if he was to win it i would be very dissapointed with the decision made. i don't doubt his ability but i know very well the year that mark fisher has had (and he's a big time recruit as well) and if you give it to the best player this year, i have a hard time not giving it to him

Well I guess I am mistaken. According to everything I have been reading, I was under the impression that Donald only played half of the games this year. This is from the Jackson Sun.

One of three finalists for Class 2A Lineman of the Year, Donald was the area's lone repeat finalist from last year. The senior was limited to eight games this season with a nagging left hamstring injury, but still logged 65 tackles (13 for loss), five sacks, three forced fumbles, three fumble recoveries and also rushed for 429 yards and seven touchdowns on 74 carries.

Not bad numbers.

Don't forget that academics and character go into the equation also. Chris is a honor student and is an all around great kid.

Seth Skogen from Slick Rick's Temple Crusaders should be the hands down 1A back of the year.

wuzMP63 says Slick Rick is a bonehead. Marco Daily should be the Mr. football hands down b/c he has better numbers (2700yds and 41tds) than Skogen for 2006. Skogen is finished playing and Daily has lead his team to the semis. Skogen didn't have 300yds & 3TDs recieving last night when his team needed it. Daily did. Tell me what Skogen has Daily. NOTHING. Slick slacker. :thumb: