Who is the best sophmore in Tennessee?

arizonakatz5

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Drew Kelly wants to be nationally ranked he needs to play against nationally ranked players and teams. Its one thing to excel in school ball but a whole different ball game when you play AAU or similar type programs where you compete against the best of the best.

That is what he will get this year in AAU. The Celtics play a strong schedule and he will be seen by most major colleges and will be playing against the best. You must have not seen him play. He is for real and will be playing major college basketball. I am just not sure he will stay with the Celtics. They seem to have a tough time keeping players and teams together. As long as he playes for one of the teams competing at the top tournaments, he will do fine.

Corey Young must be put on this list. You say that Sylvester manhandled him when they played but if this is so why does Cory Young lead the battle of the 2 super sophmores 2 to 1 and Young made 2 free throws to win the game in one of those??? Dont sound to be too manhandled if you ask me.... :)

tnballer2205, you are my boy. I have got to agree with you, Corey Young has got to be in consideration for the best sophmore in TN. And as far as seniors go...Josh Rose isnt bad either :D

Not even the best in his own conference. Not saying Justin Sylvester is, but he has manhandled him all season long when he was matched up against him. Outscored him and outdefended him. Not even close.

If he's not the best in the state then he is second best...behind justin sylvester. But he is better so it doesnt matter

Corey Young must be put on this list. You say that Sylvester manhandled him when they played but if this is so why does Cory Young lead the battle of the 2 super sophmores 2 to 1 and Young made 2 free throws to win the game in one of those??? Dont sound to be too manhandled if you ask me.... :lol:

First of all, you seem to be forgetting that Sylvester hit 3 free throws with 0.2 seconds on the clock to get his team into overtime. That's clutch. They just couldn't get the job done when it was all said and done. Sylvester is the better player, by far.

tnballer2205, you are my boy. I have got to agree with you, Corey Young has got to be in consideration for the best sophmore in TN. And as far as seniors go...Josh Rose isnt bad either :lol:

Again, Young could not hold Sylvester's jock. And neither are the best sophomore in TN, so this whole discussion is pointless, since that's what this thread is about.

If he's not the best in the state then he is second best...behind justin sylvester. But he is better so it doesnt matter

Sylvester had 19 points to lead the DB team in scoring that is now headed to the Regional Championship and Substate. That is something Young's Vikings cannot say. Oh, and by the way, Sylvester also guarded Wiggins in the 2nd half last night and held his own for someone that is giving up about 9 inches. Say what you want about young, I would expect that from someone that attends TN High, but if you ask 10 disinterested people that are unpartial and they watch each of these players work out and play 5 games, 9 of them will tell you that Sylvester is the better player. The only one that wouldn't would be a brother of one of those TN High refs! :lol:

I don't think he is the best, but Skylar McBee of Rutledge should be included among the better sophomore players in the state. He was MVP of the District 2AA Tourney this year. He averaged 17ppg playing against defenses designed to stop him. He is a two year starter and led his young team to the Regional semifinals this year.

First of all, you seem to be forgetting that Sylvester hit 3 free throws with 0.2 seconds on the clock to get his team into overtime. That's clutch. They just couldn't get the job done when it was all said and done. Sylvester is the better player, by far.

Again, Young could not hold Sylvester's jock. And neither are the best sophomore in TN, so this whole discussion is pointless, since that's what this thread is about.

Sylvester had 19 points to lead the DB team in scoring that is now headed to the Regional Championship and Substate. That is something Young's Vikings cannot say. Oh, and by the way, Sylvester also guarded Wiggins in the 2nd half last night and held his own for someone that is giving up about 9 inches. Say what you want about young, I would expect that from someone that attends TN High, but if you ask 10 disinterested people that are unpartial and they watch each of these players work out and play 5 games, 9 of them will tell you that Sylvester is the better player. The only one that wouldn't would be a brother of one of those TN High refs! :lol:

you MUST be in on that drug trafficing that goes through DB cuz you are on something homie. Watch out for Young, He's got Db in his sights for next year.