Lincoln County at Riverdale

TDCman

Thomas had a nice night punting the ball.

Last night special teams were a plus most of the time. Really good to see that. Great job by our guys on special teams.

The LC defensive line really looked good and shut down the corners most of the time. Getting ten yards in three plays was a tough assignment.

Limbaugh, I did notice that in the 3rd quarter. That 16 play drive was a heck of a drive. There was a fake punt, and at least one other 4th down play in that drive. (the touchdown). The stop on the two point conversion was big. Anybody know who it was that made that play? That was a big time defensive play.

That darn QB from LC has given us fits in both games. Does he graduate?

deandre miller.....gaston's younger brother

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

deandre miller.....gaston's younger brother

good seeing him on the field again...i believe it was his varsity debut last night as he sat out all of his sophmore year i believe to a knee injury that occured when he was a freshman. he wore #65 last night

man, LC played really good though. after the 1st half i was telling people around me i thought they were legit this time and had grown ALOT as a team since the last time we saw them. hats off to LC, yall made some awesome plays, shame we had to meet this early in the playoffs because yall have a team that had potential to go farther :thumb:

as far as riverdale, we played good and physical, but didnt execute alot of things well (credit to LC's players and coaches). that wont be the case next week ;)

Thomas had a nice night punting the ball.

Last night special teams were a plus most of the time. Really good to see that. Great job by our guys on special teams.

The LC defensive line really looked good and shut down the corners most of the time. Getting ten yards in three plays was a tough assignment.

Limbaugh, I did notice that in the 3rd quarter. That 16 play drive was a heck of a drive. There was a fake punt, and at least one other 4th down play in that drive. (the touchdown). The stop on the two point conversion was big. Anybody know who it was that made that play? That was a big time defensive play.

That darn QB from LC has given us fits in both games. Does he graduate?

Our Qb. Chris Shelton is a junior, we also have a soph. Qb. Will Golden that if he works hard has the chance to be very, very good, he was the holder on fg.'s and extra points. We will miss very much tb. Jeremy Ramsey, he was only about 70% last night with a knee injury that he suffered against Cumberland Co. in the last game of the year.

Thanks for the complements. :thumb:

good seeing him on the field again...i believe it was his varsity debut last night as he sat out all of his sophmore year i believe to a knee injury that occured when he was a freshman. he wore #65 last night

man, LC played really good though. after the 1st half i was telling people around me i thought they were legit this time and had grown ALOT as a team since the last time we saw them. hats off to LC, yall made some awesome plays, shame we had to meet this early in the playoffs because yall have a team that had potential to go farther :thumb:

as far as riverdale, we played good and physical, but didnt execute alot of things well (credit to LC's players and coaches). that wont be the case next week ;)

yea good seeing him but also sad to say he also re injured his ankle feel bad for him he is a very promising player for next year but cant get healthy

Good game last night eyeryone. We just made to many big mistakes to keep up with a team like Riverdale. I'll really miss our seniors. They played very hard and taught me a lot of things. Good luck in the playoffs Riverdale. Just take it one game at a time. On a side note I think that the LC o-line played very well last night against a very talented and well coached R-Dale d-line.

Good game last night eyeryone. We just made to many big mistakes to keep up with a team like Riverdale. I'll really miss our seniors. They played very hard and taught me a lot of things. Good luck in the playoffs Riverdale. Just take it one game at a time. On a side note I think that the LC o-line played very well last night against a very talented and well coached R-Dale d-line.

The O-line was hit and miss.

He's a junior.

Congrats to Riverdale. Good luck the rest of the way.

Falcons, you gave it a good run. Defense played awesome last night. It's hard to stop a great team like Riverdale when they get 3 possessions with an extremely short field. When we had a little space to work with, the defense did a great job putting pressure on the QB and stopping the run for the most part. One quote in the other thread that got closed was that we wouldn't hold them to 24 points, but we held 'em to 27, even after giving them an easy 21 with 3 short fields.

With a little better field position strategy, and the lack of those 3 big mistakes, this game could have been much closer.

From the Tennessean:

Go Falcons in '07!!

I was surprised when I saw the stats Saturday morning. LC's defense must have played really well. Coach Edging does a good job with that group. They play with a lot of intensity. Haston, Mastin, Moran, and Dorris are great on that side of the ball.

I think LC's offense and special teams need to step up and meet the intensity and execution of the defense, if LC is going to reach their powerhouse status again! There are three parts to a football team...LC played several games this year with only 1/3 functioning. I am sure you will sight Ramsey's rushing yards, which are good. However, I would like to know LC special teams touchdowns scored verses touchdowns given up and passing touchdown to interception ratio. From what I saw this year neither of those numbers look too good. Certainly not like an elite team's should.

I was surprised when I saw the stats Saturday morning. LC's defense must have played really well. Coach Edging does a good job with that group. They play with a lot of intensity. Haston, Mastin, Moran, and Dorris are great on that side of the ball.

Yeah, and we lose Haston, Mastin, and Dorris next year, plus a lot more.

I think LC's offense and special teams need to step up and meet the intensity and execution of the defense, if LC is going to reach their powerhouse status again! There are three parts to a football team...LC played several games this year with only 1/3 functioning. I am sure you will sight Ramsey's rushing yards, which are good. However, I would like to know LC special teams touchdowns scored verses touchdowns given up and passing touchdown to interception ratio. From what I saw this year neither of those numbers look too good. Certainly not like an elite team's should.

Agreed. I don't know the exact numbers, but they are way out of whack. And we will not be an elite team until they get more well rounded.

Edited by LCFalcons19