Lincoln County at Riverdale

TDCman

First off Congratulations to the FALCONS on a great season. You played your hearts out tonight. I'm going to miss my boys, #54, #82, #80, #52, #83, #68 and the rest of the seniors. Ya'll have taught my son, #49, well. Thank you for that.

And congratulations to Riverdale on a great game. We knew we had to play you mistake free tonight to take the win, but it just was not meant to be. Not takeing anything away form Riverdale Ya'll played a great game and we wish you well the rest of the way.

See you next season.

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did ya realize that the 3rd quarter featured one drive for each team?

Riverdale went 65 yards on 7 plays and then the next 8:30 of the 3rd quarter would be chewed up by the Falcons. They went 73 yards on 16 plays! The 16th play came on the first play of the 4th quarter on the touchdown pass into the back of the endzone to make it 21-9 and a pretty good ball game. But the last of the Falcons several special team's errors would do them in, that muffed punt at their own seven.

Unofficially, just watching the game tape and jotting down some stats, I had both teams with 40 rushing attempts. I wonder when Riverdale had an opponent with as many rushing attempts as they did? I have Riverdale with 184 yards on those 40 carries and the Falcons with 92 - your mileage my vary :blink:

Lincoln County also had 70 yards passing (that pass play to Ramsey was NICE!) for 162 total yards.

Riverdale had 51 yards passing, 40 of those on a half-back pass for a touchdown.

It was a fun night at the ballyard between two pretty-good-teams. Moorehead is a load - and he is just a junior?

Thomas had a nice night punting the ball.

Last night special teams were a plus most of the time. Really good to see that. Great job by our guys on special teams.

The LC defensive line really looked good and shut down the corners most of the time. Getting ten yards in three plays was a tough assignment.

Limbaugh, I did notice that in the 3rd quarter. That 16 play drive was a heck of a drive. There was a fake punt, and at least one other 4th down play in that drive. (the touchdown). The stop on the two point conversion was big. Anybody know who it was that made that play? That was a big time defensive play.

That darn QB from LC has given us fits in both games. Does he graduate?

That darn QB from LC has given us fits in both games. Does he graduate?

He's a junior.

Congrats to Riverdale. Good luck the rest of the way.

Falcons, you gave it a good run. Defense played awesome last night. It's hard to stop a great team like Riverdale when they get 3 possessions with an extremely short field. When we had a little space to work with, the defense did a great job putting pressure on the QB and stopping the run for the most part. One quote in the other thread that got closed was that we wouldn't hold them to 24 points, but we held 'em to 27, even after giving them an easy 21 with 3 short fields.

With a little better field position strategy, and the lack of those 3 big mistakes, this game could have been much closer.

From the Tennessean:

The Falcons (8-4) held the Warriors to their lowest rushing output of the season (186 yards) and had the most first downs (11) against the Riverdale defense since Dickson County had 11 Sept. 23.

The Warriors might not have racked up their usual rushing numbers (369.1 yards per game during the regular season), but they were opportunistic and except for a fourth-down interception were nearly mistake-free.

Go Falcons in '07!!

Edited by LCFalcons19

Congratulations to Riverdale. You played a good game.

LC, it was a great season. Maybe not the Win- Loss record you would have

liked but you played good all year!

I know the seniors have enjoyed being together all these years.

Riverdale's defense was the best we have faced all year, they won the game for them. LC's defense was one of the better that Riverdale has faced.

Riverdale's offense is good and never gives up.

Giving them a short field a few times helped.

Still a good game. Both teams played good and with GREAT

sportsmanship.

Got to give a tip of the hat to Coach A from Riverdale, not trying to score on the last 52 seconds of the game and run up the score showed class.

Not saying they could have, but they knew they had won.

Going to the falcon games for me will be different now..........

CONGRATULATIONS FALCONS ON A GREAT SEASON!!

Great game last night by BOTH teams. :thumb:

I am glad we won, but once again it was showed that Coach Thompson knows football and made adjustments for this game.

LC y'all played a great game and were classy in defeat. My hat is off to y'all.

I also noticed Coach Thompson remembered some tricks from his old Coach and that Ramsey DID play after all. :lol:

Y'alls QB was very poised and throws REALLY well on the run! Young man has a great future next year.

Great game last night by BOTH teams. :thumb:

I am glad we won, but once again it was showed that Coach Thompson knows football and made adjustments for this game.

LC y'all played a great game and were classy in defeat. My hat is off to y'all.

I also noticed Coach Thompson remembered some tricks from his old Coach and that Ramsey DID play after all. :lol:

Y'alls QB was very poised and throws REALLY well on the run! Young man has a great future next year.

Good test for Riverdale. The Falcons are well coached and will be a very good team next yr.

Good effort by the Falcons tonight, but the three big mistakes, (And if you went to, or listened to the game, you know what there were) that we made were just too much to overcome against a good football team. We never quit and that was good to see.

Congrats to Riverdale, my personal feelings are that you won't really get tested until the semi's, against probably Ooltewah, and from what I have seen score wise from them, I don't really see much of a challenge there either, so I personally think that you are probably looking at either Ravenwood, or Ridgeway in the finals, but that's several weeks down the road, just take it one week at a time and you'll get there, overlook one opponent, and you might get upset. You have a good enough team to win it all, but that isn't always enough as you already know.

Good luck. :thumb:

Ooltewah is averaging holding their last 5 opponents to under 80 yards of rushing offense. Ooltewah will give Riverdale all they can handle. Ooltewah's strength is their run defense. If Ooltewah and Riverdale make it to the 4th round it should be a great game. Good luck to Riverdale next week and GO OWLS!

Ooltewah is averaging holding their last 5 opponents to under 80 yards of rushing offense. Ooltewah will give Riverdale all they can handle. Ooltewah's strength is their run defense. If Ooltewah and Riverdale make it to the 4th round it should be a great game. Good luck to Riverdale next week and GO OWLS!

we cant worry about ooltewa right now we are having to prepare for an angry bullodg team...if we are fortunate enought to win that game then we can talk about how the semi final game but until friday it is all smyrna

GO WARRIORS

He's a junior.

Congrats to Riverdale. Good luck the rest of the way.

Falcons, you gave it a good run. Defense played awesome last night. It's hard to stop a great team like Riverdale when they get 3 possessions with an extremely short field. When we had a little space to work with, the defense did a great job putting pressure on the QB and stopping the run for the most part. One quote in the other thread that got closed was that we wouldn't hold them to 24 points, but we held 'em to 27, even after giving them an easy 21 with 3 short fields.

With a little better field position strategy, and the lack of those 3 big mistakes, this game could have been much closer.

From the Tennessean:

Go Falcons in '07!!

GO DEFENSE!!!!

Good luck next year Falcons!!!

Edited by TNCASH