Maryville @ Red Bank

Past30

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just going to post one time on this subject and that is it. The refs had nothing to do with the outcome of that game. They had nothing to do with the 34 unanswered points. You guys are just searching for excuses and I suppose that is to be expected. The late hit out of bounds was text book and it was Shiver (#7) not Maples. Maples was tackled on another play in the same spot but there was no penalty on that play. Film will verify this if you have it. The Rhea Co player pushed Shiver out of bounds and then threw him to the ground five yards out of bounds. The penalty yards were roughly 80 to 60. A much more telling stat you have conveniently ommitted is rushing yards. 36 carries for both teams; 251 yards for Maryville and 104 for Rhea Co. The penalty yards were basically a wash. Statements like they are the "begin all end all" simply shows your resentment toward our program. One of you said the game was closer than the score indicated. It was over when it was 34-7 so I think it was actually the opposite. But at the end of the day it really doesn't matter. Your fans booed the first flag thrown against you and booed the rest of the half, they threw objects on the field, blew whistles in the stands, your band blared away when we had the ball on that end of the field, and at least one of your coaches lived on the field the entire first half and finally got flagged. And now you are crying that you got jobbed. I know you desperately want Maryville to go down. Join the club. But you were not the team to do it. Grow up and learn to live with it.

I would love to see Maryville go down, but I would only like it to happen by my team. Since my team is out of it I have to cheer for my own region and I have something to cheer about since Maryville is one of the best, if not THE best in the state. Also if you think Red Bank can hit, you havent played Maryville yet. Every player on that team can hit hard and will lay you out if you dont see it coming. Red Bank is lucky that they play at Red Bank because Maryville would have a huge advantage at home. Plus I've seen Red Banks WRs and DBs. Maryville will eat them up on pass situations whoever has th ball. The biggest thing Red Bank has on Maryville is size. Maryville will be smaller on some match-ups, but very good coaching will make up for it. Red Banks defense is good, but you can move the ball on them. I think Maryville will win this one if they dont turn the ball over as many times as Powell and West did. "Tank" Baker should have a good game and Maples will make some good catches.

:D:thumb: ....What game were you at? This is seriously funny and exactly what I expected from a bunch of bush league fans. Good lord half of what you stated are lies....and I mean whoppers. Are you the Rhea county fan that brought the whistle? Are you one of the bottle throwers.

Your coach was on the field cussing the officials and had been for a few plays...is that not a personel foul. There were three other grounding situations that were worse than the one called..... that were not called. BTW...you need the check the HIGHSCHOOL rule on that before you state stupid stuff....

Your post is hilarious and exactly what was expected.......bush league and a whine -a - thon...... B)

i know that this is a RB vs Rebel post, well go RED BANK. secondly I was near the sideline when Fitz. blew his top there was not one cuss word from his mouth. Caleb had thrown the ball out of bounds and Fitz. walked onto the field and asked him(ref) if that was grounding. That was all he said, don't talk about something you know nothing about

Also the whistle blowing was from a high school student. I think you have a policy of not allowing flags in the stands, I saw studnets with them, but I am not calling you classless...YET Don't lump all the fans in the same boat, cause I am sure when can find some in Maryville.

Edited by goldenbird

i know that this is a RB vs Rebel post, well go RED BANK. secondly I was near the sideline when Fitz. blew his top there was not one cuss word from his mouth. Caleb had thrown the ball out of bounds and Fitz. walked onto the field and asked him(ref) if that was grounding. That was all he said, don't talk about something you know nothing about

Please!!!!!!!!!!!! We could see from the other side. Maybe not what he was saying but he was jumping up and down, flailing his arms all over the place bascially throwing a fit. You don't have to "hear" anything with gestures that animated. I don't know what he said, but whatever it was it was while he was going through the seven basic ballet movements. On top of that he had lived on the playing field the whole first half. Geez can't you guys just let this go and quit embellishing the facts? In terms of his nickname maybe you should consider dropping the z at the end. :thumb:

Please!!!!!!!!!!!! We could see from the other side. Maybe not what he was saying but he was jumping up and down, flailing his arms all over the place bascially throwing a fit. You don't have to "hear" anything with gestures that animated. I don't know what he said, but whatever it was it was while he was going through the seven basic ballet movements. On top of that he had lived on the playing field the whole first half. Geez can't you guys just let this go and quit embellishing the facts? In terms of his nickname maybe you should consider dropping the z at the end. :thumb:

Gentlemen,

I am a WB fan and just signed on to read with no intention of posting, but this is one of most intriguing threads Ive ever read. So far Ive been humored and insulted. In a earlier post it was said that "Maryville travels like the Vol Nation". In my opinion the 4A teams and fans no nothing of traveling. The 5A group could tell you what "traveling" is all about. MLREB..Why did you have to drag WB's name into

this? Your comment was a generalization that to many users of this web site make.

Rhea County.. Let it go... This is a thread that has nothing to do with you all. WB and RC are out of the playoffs. I can still pull for Maryville but there is no need in crying about the last game. It is what is....THE LAST GAME... There is always next year.

I am planning to go this game if my wife will give me a yard pass. It's just about twenty five miles further than I was hoping to go this week.

Good luck to all the teams that are left. It is a sad fact that once more many young men will play their last game of football. Some may play at the next level but many will not. I'll pray for all their saftey, share in their joy and their tears.

Now will you all please talk about the game and stop attacking each other? A little jest is fun but this has gotten ugly.

Gentlemen,

I am a WB fan and just signed on to read with no intention of posting, but this is one of most intriguing threads Ive ever read. So far Ive been humored and insulted. In a earlier post it was said that "Maryville travels like the Vol Nation". In my opinion the 4A teams and fans no nothing of traveling. The 5A group could tell you what "traveling" is all about.

You are correct....5A in East Tennessee doesn travel more. After reclassifications I expect it to lessen for the Knoxville area teams.

MLREB..Why did you have to drag WB's name into

this? Your comment was a generalization that to many users of this web site make.

I thought it was a compliment....we have finally found a fan base that whines more than the WB fan base. Let me assure you it wasn't easy but finally someone has knocked you off the top.

Tough loss to the Admirals. Was pulling for WB. Sorry to hear about Darren also.

He went ballistic after the first penalty called on them and was on the field most of the first half and finally got flagged. Their crowd seemed to follow his lead. I can't believe they ran Hammontree off for that guy.

we did not run hammontree off he is the one who decided to leave for GA so you might need to get your facts straight next time

This game is probably the highschool game of this century atleast for 4a.

Maybe for Red Bank.....but not for Maryville. Maryville plays thoses "game of the Centuries" virtually every year. Last year it was an unbeaten Morristown West and a rematch with Melrose. The previous year it was Tennessee High, and the year before that it was Hillsboro. I will be interesting to see how the Reb Bank players react to a big game situation. The Maryville kids have been there before.