Smith County @ Westmoreland

Stark1

Great game as u all know. SC has a very good football team and a bunch of good ole boys and it showed last nite. WM has nothing to be ashamed of considering this group of seniors was 0-7 in middle school. We've come a long way and to all u who care, i will now reveal my identity.........this is Jordan Rippy #30 of the Westmorealnd Eagles.good luck next week against Alcoa as i told some of the SC players after the game I'll be there

Congratulations Smith County.Good look next week with Alcoa I hope yall represent region 4 really well.I am proud of Westmoreland we are a great group of guys.For us seniors i am so glad we were able to be as close as we are.I am glad that yall accepted me as one of yall even though I am only the manager.It's goin to be weird next year watching the game.I have been manager for seven years.For waterbug,boobi,and Go eagles i am gonna miss yalls talk on here.

Yeah were going to miss football. BigMac,JR,Foot going to miss playing with yall, but we'll still see each other alot when were out of school. :thumb: We have nothing to be ashamed of thats for sure. I really do believe were the best team to come out of Westmoreland. BigMac im going to really miss that tasty water during those hot 95 degrees days. lol

Edited by Boobi

• Replies 559
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

collegefanfare_1920_398610164.gif

I told you, "Trust the NightOwl"

When it came down to crunch time.

I told you, "Trust the NightOwl",

That I would tow the line.

A no-call here, a no-call there,

Tez, I saved your butt three times!

I'll tell you 'bout Westmoreland,

A gritty little bunch.

If we beat them next year,

We'll have to pack our lunch.

The Tornadoes are coming to Carthage,

The wind's about to blow.

And, even the great NightOwl

Won't be able to save this show!

(Hackett bros. – Class of 1994)

Edited by nightowl

Great game last nite in Mo-town..... both teams played with heart and both teams wanted the win badly... everyone that knew these two teams well knew it was gonna be a dog fight for 48 minutes! Wished the outcome would have been different, but i would rather see smith go to the semis then tyner or all the other region 3 teams..... to the westmoreland players....keep your heads high.....there are many teams in westmorelands past that would kill for a chance to make it to the third round...... to all the boys.... yall learned to never give up and never back down to nothin after tonights game....yall earned some respect and for the next couple of years westmoreland will be shown some respect.....to smith county...congrats on a win, you guys earned it..... good luck next week with alcoa....i believe yall can win....jus gotta have the heart! i am sure alot of people from westmoreland will be there rooting for you boys to kick some tornado butt!!! good luck

Thanks to all the Westmolanders for the good posts after such a tough loss. It is very difficult to do that. It's been a fun week on the T. Good luck to all of your seniors. It was a very fun and exciting game to see down to the last second. We will welcome all Westmolanders to the HOLE next Friday. SC has a very tall task this week...but I know they will give their all.

Thanks to all the Westmolanders for the good posts after such a tough loss. It is very difficult to do that. It's been a fun week on the T. Good luck to all of your seniors. It was a very fun and exciting game to see down to the last second. We will welcome all Westmolanders to the HOLE next Friday. SC has a very tall task this week...but I know they will give their all.

Good luck to yall next week and since we are done i guess i will say this is teddy kowalski #8 and i will be there cheering yall on friday against Alcoa good luck to yall.

Edited by caretaker

Boobi...

You and I started off on the wrong foot on the T...you made a post about something near and dear to my heart...I edited...you accepted...

Being a kid on the T is hard when you're being berated by adults all the time...but... you handled it well...

I was optimistic that the Owls would win the first time we played ya'll this year...I had seen your game the week before...and I really thought we would come to your house and "own" you...we didn't...we came in there and we left...losing to the better team that night...the good thing was that our boys got to keep playing...it wasn't the end of the season...

Last night...we came to you house...and I was scared stiff for our boys...I wanted them to have the opportunity to continue their season...to be able to continue to play...and maybe as much as I wanted the season to continue for them...I wanted it to continue for me...I never want the season to end...I've loved football forever...and so much more do I love football now that Tez has been playing...

I hurt for all the seniors at Westmoreland...I hate that the season has ended for all of you...You played with heart last night...and deserved to win as much as our boys did...but only one team can win...and that's what makes these play-off games so bittersweet...

But always remember...you played your hardest...did your best...no one can ask anymore of you than that...You and the rest of your senior class have nothing to be ashamed of...you should only be proud of yourselves...

Come watch us play against Alcoa this Friday night...wear your Westmoreland colors...and I'll bet you get a bunch of pats on the back...a bunch of praise for the way you guys played...and carried yourselves...with that Eagle Pride...

I'll be sitting at the top of the bleachers...on the right hand side of the concession stand...come find me...I want to hug your neck...and tell you in person...Good Game...

Edited by QueenBee

Great game as u all know. SC has a very good football team and a bunch of good ole boys and it showed last nite. WM has nothing to be ashamed of considering this group of seniors was 0-7 in middle school. We've come a long way and to all u who care, i will now reveal my identity.........this is Jordan Rippy #30 of the Westmorealnd Eagles.good luck next week against Alcoa as i told some of the SC players after the game I'll be there

The corner of the endzone didn't get in your head in the first half did it? LOL :lol:

I heard a lot of talking about Smith County being a one show throughout the week. I think it was proven last night who the one man show was. We played an awesome game as a team, and our defense buckled down in the second half and played like the team that was giving up 8 points a game coming into last night. Congrats to both sides, you played with all your emotion on the field. We just wanted it a little more. I would like you all to know, however, that a threat was made to me by somebody on the Westmoreland coaching staff. I was innocently taking a picture of the scoreboard after the game. He came up to me and started asking my name and telling me he was going to look me up if he saw the picture on the internet. He told me I had better get off the field if I knew what was good for me. I wasn't moving. I have all the respect in the world for the Eagles of Westmoreland. I do not repsect a middle-aged man who comes up to a 17 year old guy, trying to start trouble simply because he is a sore loser, and we got the one that COUNTS!!!