Sullivan South's Curt Phillips

athlete269

Everyone on here is doing nothing more than voicing their opinions! Noone in the message boards has the slightest idea who Phillips has heard from.... He keeps that pretty quiet! He is a pretty level head and he knows that it is tough to go on to the next level! But you can be sure he's heard from ALOT of schools! Regardless of whether he goes D1, D2, or doesn't even play at the next level .... he has had a great high school career.... and he has played with his buddies and had a big time doing it! Isn't that what it is all about? I don't think he really needs a scholarship to attend the college of his choice! His parents can afford to send him wherever he wants to go... that means he can play football or not .... so... let's just sit back and see what happens! He will go to all the combines and camps ... his skills will speak for him.... those coaches and recruiters are the ones that matter.... not all the "old players who wish they could have gone on" from around here! This kid has another year to play without all the pressure.... why not let him enjoy it?! He is having fun at South.... enough said! Lets just sit back and see what happens! What do you say?!

sssportsfan

I agree 100%. But some (including many of the Rebel fanbase) think he must play high level college ball or everything has been wasted...I think if he or any kid can use football as a step to get an education (even if it aint D1-A Volman) then he has made the system work for him. It seems some people get wrapped up in a kid's main accomplishment in life playing football games...but I would dare say most coaches would stress to there players not to let a win or loss on Friday night being the crowning achievement in there lives.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mo-Ronandgrey is more defensive than the 86 Chicago Bears! I didn't bring up Burton. Someone else did. I did say there was no comparison between him and Curt. That's not a put down. That's an opinion. Opinions are like, well, you know what they are like. They are like you. Ouch, couldn't resist that one. Anyway, I said Burton was a very good high school QB. And he is. I just think Curt is much better. Check out Unapproved Website. I'm not the only expert that thinks Curt is top notch. Btw, Wacko spells it Mo-Ron so it CAN'T be wrong. :lol:

and you are about as funny as a trip to the proctologist...speaking of, well, you know what. I've been on rivals...don't see any top notch rating. I wouldn't quite call yourself an expert...the science hill job IS still open.... :D

and contrary to what Ron Bliss and you think, Duran Ferguson was a much better QB prospect in this area the last few years....there is no comparison...that is not a put down just my opninion :P

Edited by maroonandgrey

But some (including many of the Rebel fanbase) think he must play high level college ball or everything has been wasted...I think if he or any kid can use football as a step to get an education (even if it aint D1-A Volman) then he has made the system work for him.

Show me one post that any Rebel fan has said that everything is wasted by not playing high level college ball. This is exactly why I'm "bragging" about Curt being recruited by Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, Vandy and Duke. ALL are very high academic institutes and he would be VERY lucky to attend one of these schools. Especially if it's free. :blink:

Show me which post I made that my facts weren't strait? Now, right now should be a busy time for you. You know, the transitioning period from breakfast to lunch. Get back to work! :)

Your facts were not straight about me working at McDonald's. Now come here and clean out my gutters boy.

I don't do manual labor. Maybe I could balance your check book? That shouldn't take long.

It would be real quick since I use cash. One other thing you were a bit off on was Overated Ralphie being a done deal at The Hill. It's been a month since you said that was done. Has he resigned at East yet? Since you don't do manual labor, how about fixing my sons PS2 for me, maybe I'll supersize your order for free for that.

It would be real quick since I use cash. One other thing you were a bit off on was Overated Ralphie being a done deal at The Hill. It's been a month since you said that was done. Has he resigned at East yet? Since you don't do manual labor, how about fixing my sons PS2 for me, maybe I'll supersize your order for free for that.

Give me a chance on Ralphie. It isn't over yet. We thought it was a done deal and it may still be. There have been a few more variables thrown into the equation since this all came about. You have to give me credit for knowing something was up before everyone else don't you? I mean I came on the board a month before the Hill let their coach go and predicted it. As for the PS2, if you are serious about this, give me your email and I'll get you some info on a guy that can fix it. I don't want a kid being without his PS2. :thumb:

Give me a chance on Ralphie. It isn't over yet. We thought it was a done deal and it may still be. There have been a few more variables thrown into the equation since this all came about. You have to give me credit for knowing something was up before everyone else don't you? I mean I came on the board a month before the Hill let their coach go and predicted it. As for the PS2, if you are serious about this, give me your email and I'll get you some info on a guy that can fix it. I don't want a kid being without his PS2. :thumb:

Surely Ralph would not take the job this late and do that to the East program would he? I just don't see him leaving East for another area school unless it is South. Did he ever get offered the job at South? I know seeing him in his East gear is about like seeing Jeremy Jenkins wearing South colors a few years back.

Surely Ralph would not take the job this late and do that to the East program would he? I just don't see him leaving East for another area school unless it is South. Did he ever get offered the job at South? I know seeing him in his East gear is about like seeing Jeremy Jenkins wearing South colors a few years back.

He didn't apply for the South job. He and Stacy are great friends and he knew how much it meant to Stacy.