Sullivan South's Curt Phillips

athlete269

You obviously don't know what you're talking about. Just checked Unapproved Website btw, Vandy is listed as medium also. I've also heard Duke, but Rivals doesn't list them.

Those are some football power houses right there. Hey, I hear Hawaii is going to need a quarterback in a couple years.

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are some football power houses right there. Hey, I hear Hawaii is going to need a quarterback in a couple years.

Also, you are real Man for "downing" a kid for being recruited by UT, Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, Vandy and Duke. Three of those schools are top 25 in football and four are some of the best academic institutions in the country. I don't like a lot of teams in this area, but I would NEVER down a kid for getting a scholarship, especially one of this magnitude.

Mikey, you are a real piece of, well, a piece of work.

You're not downing the Rainbows are you?

Also, you are real Man for "downing" a kid for being recruited by UT, Va. Tech, Ga. Tech, Vandy and Duke. Three of those schools are top 25 in football and four are some of the best academic institutions in the country. I don't like a lot of teams in this area, but I would NEVER down a kid for getting a scholarship, especially one of this magnitude.

I'm not putting down Curt, just the people making him out to be the next Mark Rypien.

OK. I'm not going to invade Curts privacy by naming names, but there are other schools that are interested and have been since week 3 and are of the highest magnatude. Other than what has been mentioned. And he has already been to the high profile QB camps. It was my understanding that he will attend the Nike camp this summer and is currently working on combine scores, sparq scores...whatever. Volman is corrrect about his need to work on 2nd and 3rd options. But IMHO what Curt needs to focus on most is throwing long in pressure situations. Any QB worth his mettle can throw wheel routes all night long. The big schools want to know if you can throw it 65-70 yards and put it on the money...under pressure. Throwing long to an ultrafast WR under pressure is a leap of faith. Once trumps are broken you can lead with it the rest of the way. Curt will have 2 ultrafast WR's. Plus 4 medium range weapons but that is for another subject. I think this is his ultimate test and he knows it. Really, it all depends on his recievers. He has learned to scramble and knows when to go and when to stay. He is an expert at the medium range stuff. He can pick it apart all night long. He has laid the foundation, erected the walls and now it is time to put a roof on it. If he can do that by week 3 then you will see the big boys comin' 'round.

I don't think he's smart enough for either V.T. or G.T. Without a doubt he could get in U.T. though.

"Not smart enough?" Where are you getting your information? What are you basing this opinion on? I didn't know you had access to his transcripts or his ACT and SAT scores! It amazes me how many people get on here and make such ridiculous posts! People shouldn't comment on things they know absolutely nothing about. NOTHING about!

Edited by sssportsfan

With respect for Bo Burton, he is a very good high school QB. Curt is a great high school QB. Curt will be playing on Saturdays in a couple of years. There is no comparison.

With all due respect...Burton did make coaches 5-A all state team. Just like you wont put the DB losses on Phillips head, you can't put the playoff losses on Burton to the point to say DB would have went further...that is speculation period.

And with all due respect...when you say he'll be playing on Saturdays, what level are you talking about...because I know you don't think much of DI-AA or D-II (at least when they come from DB) How sure are you by the way...as sure as Ralph Nelson being a shoe in at Science Hill :D