Sullivan South's Curt Phillips

athlete269

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did you forget the close one-point game with South

from the previous season?

And how did those playoffs go for you this year?

No, I did not forget the 1 point game from the year before. I guess the question would be why does D-B need a quarterback that is 0 for 2 against them? I would not speak too much about the playoffs after the spanking you got from Morristown East.

No, I did not forget the 1 point game from the year before. I guess the question would be why does D-B need a quarterback that is 0 for 2 against them? I would not speak too much about the playoffs after the spanking you got from Morristown East.

Mikey, sometimes your logic is so hilarious. Just because a team beats another team, does not mean that a player from the losing team could not start for the winning team. You're a Boone guy right? So, according to your logic, not a single player from Boone could start for South since we beat you the last 2 years? Wake up. This whole topic is riduculous anyway.

Yes, he would have done much better taking Peyton Manning's

place with the Colts.

Passing records are secondary. He's playing where he wants

to play. He's getting plenty of looks from colleges. His world

at South is fine. He doesn't need DB, DB needs him.

Stan, you sound like his agent. Sometimes I think the South fans' hatred for the Indians is so great that it clouds their better judgment. All I was doing was trying to look at his situation in a logical way. I think if you weren't prejudice against DB you might agree with me too.

Seriously? I think Edwards is too good of an athlete to be at center. Has he ever played any TE? I think he'll be a heck of a LB.

Hey Volman. I agree about Morgan. That is just the current concensus. I feel we have an able center in Logan Combs. Everyone disagrees with me...but they also disagree with me about Dustin Greer. I think Morgan is a natural born defensive end...playing errect that is. I don't like the defensive end playing as a down lineman. Logan Combs has played center since 5th grade...he is a rising Junior. Most disagree because he is so intelligent. Rather a nerd. I have faith in him though and he is a consistent long snapper. The center is considered a folly but I think it can make or break the line. I think the TE...if we utilize one is no questions asked T. J. Blanken. He can catch anything you throw at him and he is as tough as Morgan. Not quite as agressive as he needs to be but come August he will be ready. The line will probably be only one Senior. Of course Curt does not make coaching decisions but I feel and agree that he will and should influence who the Center and the TE will be based on his comfort level with the prospective candidates...especially the Center.

Edited by compusatman

Stan, you sound like his agent. Sometimes I think the South fans' hatred for the Indians is so great that it clouds their better judgment. All I was doing was trying to look at his situation in a logical way. I think if you weren't prejudice against DB you might agree with me too.

Just my opinion Teepee, but I think that if Curt were to have left South it would have been for one of the Academy schools...MBA, BA, maybe even McCallie. But yes, I think Curt could have taken DB much further than they went without any other adjustments. Were Cody and Throp superior to Curts stable? Probably, but not by much. Curt knows he has a very balanced offense to work with in '07 and he also knew the '07 Indians would be a bit scattered. As far as recruiting...he has an impressive stack of letters as we speak and many of them he had way back in the spring. And the calibre' of schools interested is a given. Curt has not peaked yet and he has some impressive WR's for '07 at SSHS. Would he be farther down the road if he were at DB? Of course! But I think from a non-haters point of view, he made the correct decision to stay the course because his banner year is being formed and he will take it to the next level. His younger brother is a rising Soph and that group is packed with talent most of whom will be utilized in '07. They icing on the cake would be for Stacy to let Curt call the plays.

Just my opinion Teepee, but I think that if Curt were to have left South it would have been for one of the Academy schools...MBA, BA, maybe even McCallie. But yes, I think Curt could have taken DB much further than they went without any other adjustments. Were Cody and Throp superior to Curts stable? Probably, but not by much. Curt knows he has a very balanced offense to work with in '07 and he also knew the '07 Indians would be a bit scattered. As far as recruiting...he has an impressive stack of letters as we speak and many of them he had way back in the spring. And the calibre' of schools interested is a given. Curt has not peaked yet and he has some impressive WR's for '07 at SSHS. Would he be farther down the road if he were at DB? Of course! But I think from a non-haters point of view, he made the correct decision to stay the course because his banner year is being formed and he will take it to the next level. His younger brother is a rising Soph and that group is packed with talent most of whom will be utilized in '07. They icing on the cake would be for Stacy to let Curt call the plays.

From the first time I saw Curt play in a spring game, I knew he was really good. With that said, I don't think he is that much better than Bo Burton from DB if at all. Furthermore, he would have to fight for the starting job at DB. Bart Ring is a different style of QB (more of a pocket passer), but DB is going to be in good hands with Ring at QB.

From the first time I saw Curt play in a spring game, I knew he was really good. With that said, I don't think he is that much better than Bo Burton from DB if at all. Furthermore, he would have to fight for the starting job at DB. Bart Ring is a different style of QB (more of a pocket passer), but DB is going to be in good hands with Ring at QB.

With respect for Bo Burton, he is a very good high school QB. Curt is a great high school QB. Curt will be playing on Saturdays in a couple of years. There is no comparison.