Sullivan South's Curt Phillips

athlete269

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mikey, sometimes your logic is so hilarious. Just because a team beats another team, does not mean that a player from the losing team could not start for the winning team. You're a Boone guy right? So, according to your logic, not a single player from Boone could start for South since we beat you the last 2 years? Wake up. This whole topic is riduculous anyway.

You missed my point so let me ask you this. Did South need any of the Boone players to beat Boone in either of the past 2 years?

I know you're thinking real hard about that so I'll help you out. No. South does not need any of the Boone players to beat Boone, just like D-B does not need any South players to beat South.

From the first time I saw Curt play in a spring game, I knew he was really good. With that said, I don't think he is that much better than Bo Burton from DB if at all. Furthermore, he would have to fight for the starting job at DB. Bart Ring is a different style of QB (more of a pocket passer), but DB is going to be in good hands with Ring at QB.

Love, in all due respect Volman said it correctly. Bo was a good high school QB. If Curt had transferred Bo would have been back up. And so would Bart Ring...and Jamie Crawford.Curt has that ingredient that takes you on...Bo, Bart, and Jamie do not. And when Curt is gone we have another one coming in the same mold. His name is Heath Hayden.

Stan, you sound like his agent. Sometimes I think the South fans' hatred for the Indians is so great that it clouds their better judgment. All I was doing was trying to look at his situation in a logical way. I think if you weren't prejudice against DB you might agree with me too.

I re-read your post and in my reply I didn't actually address your concern. And yes you are correct that if Curt were at DB it would have been the greatest assimilation of talent in one place in a long time. And I'm sure some terrific numbers would have been produced. It's sad though that much of that talent went unutilized. Which in my opinion halted their march.

You missed my point so let me ask you this. Did South need any of the Boone players to beat Boone in either of the past 2 years?

I know you're thinking real hard about that so I'll help you out. No. South does not need any of the Boone players to beat Boone, just like D-B does not need any South players to beat South.

Maybe I missed something but I don't think the point was about D-B needing Curt to beat South. I think it was that if D-B had Curt, they would have been a better offense.

Maybe I missed something but I don't think the point was about D-B needing Curt to beat South. I think it was that if D-B had Curt, they would have been a better offense.

Maybe I missed it as well. I was just responding to the comment that said Curt does not need D-B, D-B needs Curt. I don't guess it matters anyway. I like D-B, but they could have Vince Young and probably still not make it to state.

Maybe I missed it as well. I was just responding to the comment that said Curt does not need D-B, D-B needs Curt. I don't guess it matters anyway. I like D-B, but they could have Vince Young and probably still not make it to state.

Sad but true. I mean it was handed to them on a silver platter this year.

If Clark had Vince Young he probably would of had him playing guard or right tackle.

And I don't see what all the fuss is about Curt Phillips. He's pretty good, but not major college good.

If Clark had Vince Young he probably would of had him playing guard or right tackle.

And I don't see what all the fuss is about Curt Phillips. He's pretty good, but not major college good.

We'll see. He has the size, the arm, and he's pretty fast. I think he'll get a D1A scholarship, but I'm not sure what you mean by major. He's starting to get noticed by the top recruiting services. One has him listed as a dual threat QB with medium interest from UT, Va. Tech and Ga. Tech. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think he's scheduled to attend one of the elite QB camps in california. His stock could rise after that. Or, it could drop too I guess. The one thing he needs to work on is looking off receivers and going to his 2nd or 3rd option. If he played in a better recruited state, I think he'd be rated higher. Let's face it, TN is not known as a hot bed for D1A football talent.

We'll see. He has the size, the arm, and he's pretty fast. I think he'll get a D1A scholarship, but I'm not sure what you mean by major. He's starting to get noticed by the top recruiting services. One has him listed as a dual threat QB with medium interest from UT, Va. Tech and Ga. Tech. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I think he's scheduled to attend one of the elite QB camps in california. His stock could rise after that. Or, it could drop too I guess. The one thing he needs to work on is looking off receivers and going to his 2nd or 3rd option. If he played in a better recruited state, I think he'd be rated higher. Let's face it, TN is not known as a hot bed for D1A football talent.

I don't think he's smart enough for either V.T. or G.T. Without a doubt he could get in U.T. though.