CPA vs. Goodpasture

sportfreak

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think GP is out to amaze anyone. They simply go out and play good football, offensively and defensively. And while no one can discount how pride or emotions will enter into a game, GP is simply hitting on all cylinders right now. Everyone knows GP have an solid and effective running game, but last night they proved they can pass the ball very effectively for points.

CPA had a wet and muddy field last time and still couldn't stop GPs running game. On a dry field, CPA had better figure out how to stop the run, and now the pass. I have no doubt that CPA will score points against GP, but the question is can they outscore GP. That's where I think they'll have a problem.

Here's the deal:

- GP is favored in this one and should be. They are undefeated and beat CPA by 14 a few weeks ago.

- There is not a big gap between the quality of GP and CPA. Not enough that a win by either can be guaranteed.

- CPA lost the first matchup by 14 with 2 more turnovers than GP and no points on a drive that ended at the 6 yardline.

- GP gained a lot of yards on CPA, but CPA also moved the ball and one of GP's TD's that turned the game around was on a long pass thrown in desparation when the GP QB was avoiding a sack.

GP may be a better team, but both teams are very good and will have to play well to beat the other. Turnovers, penalties, special teams plays or breakdowns will be the difference.

GP defense will not give up more than 35 to GP, so the question is can CPA outscore them?

Dont count CPA out based on previous game. Two great teams and either could win.

this game will be very close because GP has not yet been really tested through the air by a spread team, with the exception of CPA last time and then the conditions made it almost impossible to throw.

i would like to voice my large disagreement with this statement because i was once a passing qb and loved to throw in the conditions that goopasture played cpa last. it completely benefits the passing offense. keep in mind the field was muddy, it was not that the field was soaking wet. so the qb was throwing a dry football and has no effect on how he throws from the gun. the reciever knows the routes and thus can antisipate how they will run their routes while the db's from goodpasture had no clue what was going to happen and found themselves coming out of their breaks very slowly to be able to cover recievers in order not to fall. i am not here to rag on cpa (and i believe they are a very good team), but the last time we played them they had the most perfect field conditions they could ask for to beat us. unless those exact conditions present themselves again i don't see this one being as exciting at the end as most would hope.