Ravenwood@Hunters Lane(round3)

HLHS

Good comments Wave88.

To get a better feel about your thoughtful comments, Antioch has a similar offense as Ravenwood. How did HL defense perform against wide sets like Antioch and other teams played?

Fast secondary players doesn’t necessary equate to being a good cover secondary.

I don't think I can give you the answer you are looking for in that Gallatin kept most passes during the season under 15 yards. I know that they could keep up with Gallatin's WR's very easily but Gallatin didn't have the speed at WR except for Manning (3) who ran a 4.35 at Vandy camp last summer. To get a good judge of the Db's speed look at how they contained the fastest WR Gallatin played at Glencliff in Young (11).

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess you didn’t know the receiver from Ravenwood that burnt Gallatin on all the pass plays. He is the State Decathlon Champ for the last two years.

[/quot

No disrespect intended on 16 he was fast in his own right but Young was the fastest WR Gallatin saw all season. I was however unaware until after the game that the kid was a track star as well. You guys have a Great team and I expect a great game Fiday night.

I've watched both teams play this year and can offer a tid-bit of info on both teams.

The fastest team that Gallatin faced this season was HL.

The most well coached (disciplined team) H-ville.

The most aggressive on play calling without a doubt Ravenwood.

In order for HL to win they will have to play the counter to Laidlaw.

The O-line blocks this play very well. Becker Loves to throw deep on

the right side.

Be ready for this play on any 4th down.

They did not run on 4th down, went for it all each time. (Rector The Riverboat Gambler loves this play)

The differnece between Gallatin and HL will be seen in the speed of the

DB's They appeared to be much faster than the WR of Ravenwood.

They will need this speed to cover the most accurate passer that I've ever seen on the high school level. The kid can put it on a dime.

Ravenwood will have to watch the traps, reverse, and buck sweeps. They tended to go the way of the motion man hardly ever ran the counter back to rt.

This should be a great quaterfinal game. I'm 60-40 between this game and the Westmoreland-SC game.

Rookie 45 whats up with the candle chandelier. That pretty impressive in itself.

The chandelier is a carry over from Ole Miss tailgating in the Grove. We keep the same red tent, chandelier and tables packed up from Friday nights and drive to Oxford where my daughter is a freshman. In Oxford our little set up is considered "small time"...which is why they say "we may not win many football games but we ain't never lost a party".

i was talking to some people today an they said they were shocked they said it was suposose to be gallatin playing dickson county or some school ill juss say DC but HL is a underdog because last time i checked ravenwood is defending state champs this game is like the steelers playing at the saints ofcourse the saints would be underdogs because the steelers are the super bowl champs an this is what im saying with HL but this wont be a blowout we the warriors believe in ourselves it obvious we have no support unlike the ravenwood raptors an all the other teams we have played in the playoffs but we have each other we are all close to each other on the team like brothers

I looked at a satellite picture of HL football field on the internet. Visitor side bleachers looks half as small as Antioch visitor section, about two baseball section long and five rows up. Home side bleachers looked normal size. It’s going to be real cozy.

Looks like about eleven rows...almost the same as the home side, but the length of the stands are about 40% of the home side. Probably will be similar to Antioch which was way too small for the Ravenwood crowd. I'm sure we had more Ravenwood fans than did Antioch and, from what I'm learning on this string, will probably be a LOT larger than HL. B)

Check out the lack of parking as well. The RHS announcements page on the school website states that cars parked on the streets surrounding the campus will be ticketed by metro. Looks like the grassy areas around the school will get a workout.

Edited by Dist11fan