Ravenwood@Hunters Lane(round3)

HLHS

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A previous report from Hendersonville board message, HL has little fan support with Hendersonville out numbering HL 4:1. HL should flip the field for this game, making the visitors section the home side.

If not, the Raptor Nation may have to pull a Green Wave tradition. That could be different to be sitting and yelling behind the HL bench.

Just kidding! I rather stand up all game than sit behind the opposing team bench.

A previous report from Hendersonville board message, HL has little fan support with Hendersonville out numbering HL 4:1. HL should flip the field for this game, making the visitors section the home side.

If not, the Raptor Nation may have to pull a Green Wave tradition. That could be different to be sitting and yelling behind the HL bench.

Just kidding! I rather stand up all game than sit behind the opposing team bench.

haha i agree raptors nation is only going to get bigger. we dont care how far away these games are, our entire school will be there to support our AMAZING football team.

WE BELIEVE. :)

I've watched both teams play this year and can offer a tid-bit of info on both teams.

The fastest team that Gallatin faced this season was HL.

The most well coached (disciplined team) H-ville.

The most aggressive on play calling without a doubt Ravenwood.

In order for HL to win they will have to play the counter to Laidlaw.

The O-line blocks this play very well. Becker Loves to throw deep on

the right side.

Be ready for this play on any 4th down.

They did not run on 4th down, went for it all each time. (Rector The Riverboat Gambler loves this play)

The differnece between Gallatin and HL will be seen in the speed of the

DB's They appeared to be much faster than the WR of Ravenwood.

They will need this speed to cover the most accurate passer that I've ever seen on the high school level. The kid can put it on a dime.

Ravenwood will have to watch the traps, reverse, and buck sweeps. They tended to go the way of the motion man hardly ever ran the counter back to rt.

This should be a great quaterfinal game. I'm 60-40 between this game and the Westmoreland-SC game.

Rookie 45 whats up with the candle chandelier. That pretty impressive in itself.

I have to give both teams credit for getting this far. I don't think there is a better bunch of fans than the RaptorNation fans. I know the team appreciates the fan participation and it's truly incredible to watch and listen to them. When they all start chanting WE BELIEVE it's such a motivator for the team. Make no mistake it depends on which team really wants to win. I think the Raptors have something to prove to themselves as well as everyone else that they are as good if not better than last years team. Per capita they have an incredible amount of talent and an unbelievable amount of HEART. I'm thinking the Raptors will get it done!!!!! Come on RAVENWOOD lets do this!!!!!!!!!

I've watched both teams play this year and can offer a tid-bit of info on both teams.

The fastest team that Gallatin faced this season was HL.

The most well coached (disciplined team) H-ville.

The most aggressive on play calling without a doubt Ravenwood.

In order for HL to win they will have to play the counter to Laidlaw.

The O-line blocks this play very well. Becker Loves to throw deep on

the right side.

Be ready for this play on any 4th down.

They did not run on 4th down, went for it all each time. (Rector The Riverboat Gambler loves this play)

The differnece between Gallatin and HL will be seen in the speed of the

DB's They appeared to be much faster than the WR of Ravenwood.

They will need this speed to cover the most accurate passer that I've ever seen on the high school level. The kid can put it on a dime.

Ravenwood will have to watch the traps, reverse, and buck sweeps. They tended to go the way of the motion man hardly ever ran the counter back to rt.

This should be a great quaterfinal game. I'm 60-40 between this game and the Westmoreland-SC game.

Rookie 45 whats up with the candle chandelier. That pretty impressive in itself.

They appeared to be much faster? Umm did you not see mike ayers, #16 for ravenwood? He burned that corner i think four times by simply just running right by him, two of which were touchdowns. Cmon man get your facts straight

Edited by UNDERestimated

They appeared to be much faster? Umm did you not see mike ayers, #16 for ravenwood? He burned that corner i think four times by simply just running right by him, two of which were touchdowns. Cmon man get your facts straight

To clarify for you the DB's of HL will be faster than 83 was. Your team realized what most teams didn't figure out and that was that 1 on 1 83 didn't have the speed and he would tell you the same thing. He played to keep things underneath and make tackles at the catch. He relied on Harper to provide deep cover but Ravenwood ran 5 wide which caused 83 to be in man coverage which was not his strength. His getting burnt was not really a surprise knowing what he could and couldn't do. You guys took advantage of what was given to you GOOD job. This will be a great game.