JCS at Lake County

JaxMan

we are not under the radar in terms of coverage...the Sun has given us plenty...or in terms of tradition...we usually make at least a respectible run in the playoffs...but most people on this board were picking Union City...and even more McKenzie...I think that matters alot to the fans...but the game really comes down to preparation and execution...

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JCS fans, let's keep flying under the radar. Just like we have the last two Friday nights, let's show up and do our talking on the field, not on a message board!

With that said, the game between JCS and Lake County will feature two talented teams and it should be a dandy. :thumb:

i wouldn't say jcs is flying under the radar, considering they have had plenty of ink in the paper this year. jcs does a good job of using what they've got to maximize the potential of their team. they aren't big, so they use speed and a good passing game to beat teams. they dont have a very stout line, but their DBs pick up the slack. good luck to jcs this week against lake, i think they have a very good chance of pulling this win out at lake.

Bushman...your Vikings had a great year...how do you compare your games against Lake County with your game against JCS...

Haha, I actually saw neither game. I did go to the Lake Co. game but mostly to see the running back #20. When he got hurt in the first quarter, I didn't hang around much longer. Thats the only time I saw FA all year so... I saw some Division II games in Memphis if you are curious about that.............No? Oh well. You should try asking a true Viking fan like AC$. He'd probably have a better idea. However, from talking to people in Somerville I did hear that they played JCS without their QB and as I already mentioned, they played LC without #20 so it would be kind of hard to get a real read on those games. The little bit that I have seen of both teams though (LC against FA early & a little of the JCS vs. SBA game) this could be a very close game. Lake Co. does have some speed and athleticism. However, I think that the quickest, most athletic player on the field will be wearing #11 for the Eagles.

I don't have my notes in front of me (actually, they're about 380 miles away), but I believe LC is 1-4 all-time against JCS, 0-1 in the playoffs. I know they beat us in '91, '97 and '98 in the regular season, '98 in the playoffs, and I think we beat them in '92 in the regular season.

So going into the playoffs, Lake County was 0-2 all-time vs. FA, 0-2 all-time vs. TCA, and now 1-4 vs. JCS. Sounds like another streak needs to be broken.

Edit: Which reminds me. In the playoff game in '98, JCS was up 24-0 with time winding down in the fourth quarter and ran a fake field goal. They scored on the play and won 32-0. I know I haven't forgotten about it. And I don't think Lake County's fans have, either. We owe them one.

Edited by bigwes68

Obviously you know nothing about LC if you think they have the least talent. They probably have the MOST pure talent, just the least depth. MP and JB may have better overall teams, but I guarantee that they do not have more pure talent than Lake County. It's very, very rare that anyone Lake County plays has more talent than the Falcons.

Really? Does Lake County have someone who has rushed for 2400 yards 38 TDs on only 170 carries. I have never seen anyone in 1A hs fb break more tackles than Marco Daily. He makes MP #1 on the talent list and JB has very experienced lineman and backs that makes them #2. Lake county is explosive and I still think any of the 4 teams could make it to the boro.

Edited by wuzMP63

Oh, so this week we're gonna blame it on turnovers.... Last time I checked you have won the last two weeks and still find ways to come up with excuses as to why they were close games. Are penalties and turnovers not part of football??? You don't have to answer that, I'm worried many of you wouldn't get it right. YES, they are part of football. In case you have forgotten you lost 3 games and finished 4th in your division. True, you are the only ones standing now; but don't come with excuses, be glad that your team is playing good football at the right time of the season and run with it. Your team is very talented and are playing well right now, I'm not gonna lie; I expected them to lose to Fayette and Trinity, and I didn't expect it to be close. I realize now that Lake Co. is a good football team, too bad their fans still find ways to complain. I am scared to think of what it would be like if they would have lost those games. They'd have to reserve an entire forum for LC's crying. If your team has problems with penalties and turnovers then do something about it. True, sometimes its out of control but most of the time you create your own luck. This probably has alot to do with the tackling problems that you have all talked about throughout the regular season. The talent is there, maybe its just a lack of discipline.

I said in a post that turnovers are part of football and the game last night was pretty well officiated..and we could have gotten beat..But..you are talking about excuses..I wasn't making any..I was replying to a post that because Crenshaw wasn't playing...Last week it was the running back for Fayette...They were the ones making excuses..As far as last week..Fayette didn't have the ball hardly at all..so it doesn't matter if the running back played or not..Had it not been for the touchdowns called back..it would have been ugly..the score wasn't or shouldn't have been that close..Last night...whether the fullback played or not..had it not been for the fumbles..Lake Co was two touchdowns better at least..But..I will say..the T.C.A. fans have been very complimentary..especially losing a game the way they did...Now...as far ar the 4th place team and the 3 losses...Springer was hurt in the McKenzie game and didn't play defense in the 2nd half and the running back ,Yancey did't play in the second half on offense or defense..Had they not played last night..I doubt Lake Co could haev won that game..So..I'm not making excuses..Lake Co has the talent to play with anyone in Single A..But at the same time..I knew we had tough games in Fayette Ac.and T.C.A...But the games weren't as close as the scoreboard...J.C.S. may win this week..I know they are a tough team..They beat McKenzie..but lost to a team that we pretty well had our way with except for the scoreboard..I like our chances!

Really? Does Lake County have someone who has rushed for 2400 yards 38 TDs on only 170 carries. I have never seen anyone in 1A hs fb break more tackles than Marco Daily. He makes MP #1 on the talent list and JB has very experienced lineman and backs that makes them #2. Lake county is explosive and I still think any of the 4 teams could make it to the boro.

If you have a 2,400-yard rusher, sounds like you're a little on the one-dimensional side to me. One player does not a team make, however. Springer showed, for the first time, that he can actually do it all at QB against Trinity. He rushed 25 times for 113 yards, and he completed 13 of 24 passes for 227 yards. Valentine and Yancy both have explosive speed, and Copelin is a force as a tight end.

MP may have the single most talented player, but that doesn't mean it has the most talented team.