JCS at Lake County

JaxMan

I read these messge boards alot as most of you do...too often after a game I read about excuses....as you can see from these posts both teams have alot of respect for each other...to understand it you had to see the game...hard fought...could have gone either way...was in question till the last tick of the clock...in my mind the classic of all high school games I have watched...hats off to both teams and schools...I can still feel the ecitment as I sit here in Jackson the next morning...it truely was a shame for anyone to have to lose...LC was way to talented to be home next week...

Jaxman..I have read a lot of your posts and you seem to be a class act..I look for J.C.S. to represent our area well..I believe it will be a great game next week..I plan on being there!

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the kind words Mrbigster...if I see you at the game I'll buy you a burger...I was thinking...seldom does a game live up to it's hype...last night did...48 minutes of the best football ever and then two teams praying together...after moments before giving each other all they want...your boys hit us in the mouth all night...they were so talented...this really was high school football at it's best...no excuses by the losers (they knew they played too well to have to make them)...no gloating by the winners (we knew we had been blessed to get out with a win)...if we lined up 10 times we would likely split 5 and 5...whatever happens the rest of the way...this was a good year...

Edited by JaxMan

Wow, what a game. After two weeks of winning close ones, last night we were on the other side of that scenario. Talk about your highest highs and your lowest lows within a span of seconds. Congratulations to the Falcon players and coaches and especially to coach Barger for bringing us back from the oblivion of 0-10 to the third round of the playoffs. JCS players and fans celebrated on our field last night and that doesn't bother me one bit. What would anybody with half a brain expect after a hard fought win like that. I remember someone said in an eariler post from another game we played that our players should have celebrated on the sidelines....GET REAL!! Congratulations to a great bunch of JCS players who more than once last night were helping our players up after a tackle by us or them. You don't see that very much. I believe you will represent West Tennessee very well. Bring that GOLD BALL BACK TO THE WEST!!!!!

Well..We had a lot of seniors and will be very young..But Lake Co hopefully won't be in the shape they were in a few years ago before Coach Barger arrived..I look for Lake Co to be in the middle of the pack because they will be so young...But Lake Co will have a good quarterback with an excellent arm for the next 3 years named Seth Hinson,who does a great job punting...I look for Bruceton.McKenzie and Union City to fight it out for the district title next year..And I look for South

Fulton to be very improved...But..Coach Barger has a field house now,something we didn't have a few years ago and maybe we will have a lot of people that are walking the hallways come out now..I believe we actually had about 45 players come out for football in the spring but with Springer,Yancey,Copeland,Jones,and Sep Valetine being 4 year starters..a lot of players knew they probably wouldn't see any playing time at any of those positions and decided not to stay out..So..maybe we will have a large amount of players come out next year,knowing they will have a chance to win playing time..Winning seems to help also..

Not sure I'd want those guys out..Probably can't count on em..I'd take my chances with the ones that stayed out..Those guys are your football players...

Not sure I'd want those guys out..Probably can't count on em..I'd take my chances with the ones that stayed out..Those guys are your football players...

I know what your're saying tree fitty...but times have changed..The middle school could have had one of the best quarterbacks to come through our school system the past two or three years and he wasn't going to take Springer's place..so in a player's mind..why play..Yes..This player could have played another position..But..they feel as though it's not worth the effort..It's happening at a lot of schools..I may be wrong..but Dyer Co had an excellent receiver last year and is a star on the basketball team..He didn't play this year..Was it because he just wanted to play basketball?It may have been..But word I have was that didn't play because he wants to play running back and knew he wasn't going to be able to do that because of Andre Flowers..I'm sure Dyer Co would welcome this player with open arms next year if he wanted to play....We'll see next year if I'm right..I see..what you're saying..but it's still not all about what's best for the team..but what's best for me!

Thanks for the kind words Mrbigster...if I see you at the game I'll buy you a burger...I was thinking...seldom does a game live up to it's hype...last night did...48 minutes of the best football ever and then two teams praying together...after moments before giving each other all they want...your boys hit us in the mouth all night...they were so talented...this really was high school football at it's best...no excuses by the losers (they knew they played too well to have to make them)...no gloating by the winners (we knew we had been blessed to get out with a win)...if we lined up 10 times we would likely split 5 and 5...whatever happens the rest of the way...this was a good year...

I'd love to see the Dyersburg Trojan game..and hope they make it to the Boro along with J.C.S. ..but at this time I'm planning on coming to your game and am wanting to see Marco and if J.C.S. can slow him down!I believe J.C.S. will pull this game out..It should be a great game

I hope MP and LC win where I can type smack to mrbigster all next week. :angry: good luck LC. Hope it is an injury free, clean, hard fought game.

I was hoping fot the same thing and with a minute to go in the game and Lake Co was up by 1 point and J.C.S. was 65 yards away..I thought it was going to happen..Even with 20 seconds left and J.C.S. was facing a 4th and 10 with about 35 yard to go..I was nervous..but still feeling pretty good because a lot of things could have happened..hoping we would get a sack, their quarterback make a bad pass,high or low..wide..the rceiver drop the ball..Just one play..but J.C.S. made the play..great pass by their quarterback,great catch by their receiver..great game!It was a hard fought,clean,and injury free game other than a lot of great hits and probablt bruises or soreness by both teams!J.C.S. will represent our area well..As I'm sure you guys will..Good luck to both teams!

Well... I havent posted on here in a while. Why not now?

All I can say is, not only was that a good ball game, but it was also a very moving ballgame. I can say that I have never seen sportsmanship like that in a high school ball game. It easy to see where each teams TRUE focus is, and it's on so much more than getting the W. Even though everyone wants the win, I think both teams displayed last night that there is more to football than just coming away with a trophy. Hats off to both teams!!!! Both have represented West TN well, and I look forward to JCS continuing, not only to bring home the title, but also show what West Tn. football is REALLY about!

If some of them don't come out, LC will hardly be able to field a team. Losing all those seniors from a team that only had about 25 players to begin with, you've got to have some fresh faces come out. Hopefully, the excitement of getting to the third round of the playoffs will inspire a few to put on that green helmet.

Thanks to all those that sent me updates from the game....my dad gave me play-by-play of the last 2 minutes, and I could feel the agony from 350 miles away. Just a heartbreaker. Even knowing the outcome of the game, I still wish I could have been there to see the atmosphere and everything surrounding that game that has been missing from Lake County football for so many years. Like an earlier poster said, this senior class -- with some dedicated guidance from Coach Barger and the rest of the staff -- has put Lake County football back on the map. I hope to see the winning trend continue, but the returning players have to get to work NOW. It's not like the old days -- there is no offseason. It wouldn't be this way if everyone else weren't already in the weight room...but they are.

Congratulations on a great season, and let's start getting excited about that mid-March trip to the 'Boro!

What a season. I'm so proud of our boys. You guys put Lake County back on the map. It didn't happen over night, if happened back 4 years ago when Coach Barger came in with a dream and a plan. You seniors came in as freshmen with a undefeated Jr High season under your belt. With all that together and the dedication to the program is why you played last night. All those hot 2 or 3 a days and all the trips to the weight room paid off. All the extra hours spent by the coaches getting ready for the season and watching film paid off. As a parent, it is hard to belive these 4 seasons are gone. Congrats to #54 and the rest of the squad. We are proud of you fine young men. You did what not many thought you could do. Juniors, it is your turn now. Next year starts now. Don't let anyone tell you that you can't do it with so many seniors leaving. You can! That is what was told to this years seniors but you seen what happened. It can happen again with you. Thanks for the ride coach. Job well done.

Also thanks to the lady from JCS who did not know my son but put her arms around him and told him to keep his head up, that he did a good job and had nothing to be ashamed of. She even shed a tear with him. Now that was class act if ever. Way to go JCS fan. Get that gold ball for the West.

Falcon fans, if you do make it to Jackson for the game, wear your school colors so we can pat you on the back again.

If some of them don't come out, LC will hardly be able to field a team. Losing all those seniors from a team that only had about 25 players to begin with, you've got to have some fresh faces come out. Hopefully, the excitement of getting to the third round of the playoffs will inspire a few to put on that green helmet.

Thanks to all those that sent me updates from the game....my dad gave me play-by-play of the last 2 minutes, and I could feel the agony from 350 miles away. Just a heartbreaker. Even knowing the outcome of the game, I still wish I could have been there to see the atmosphere and everything surrounding that game that has been missing from Lake County football for so many years. Like an earlier poster said, this senior class -- with some dedicated guidance from Coach Barger and the rest of the staff -- has put Lake County football back on the map. I hope to see the winning trend continue, but the returning players have to get to work NOW. It's not like the old days -- there is no offseason. It wouldn't be this way if everyone else weren't already in the weight room...but they are.

Congratulations on a great season, and let's start getting excited about that mid-March trip to the 'Boro!

Wes..I talked to Coach Barger at the basketball game Saturday night..He said Lake Co had several linemen coming back but was looking for skill people other than quarterback..He said there were about 5 kids that came out last year that he was pretty sure would play this year..He named a few..I believe Dominic Kimbell was one of them..We'll be okay..The basketball should be ok once the football players get their rhythm and feel back..I believe Whitby will play at least 8 and maybe 9 a pretty good bit..I look for for Springer,Valentine,Copeland,Avery,and Geanes to be the starters and Jackie Johnson,Dominic Kimbell,and the young man in braids to be in the rotation..There was one other kid that played Saturday that did a pretty good job also..Lake Co has a lot of long arms..I look for Jackie Johnson and Russel Avery to get a lot better later in the season..I saw your Dad talking on the phone down in the end zone late in the game..I figured he was talking to you!