JCS at Lake County

JaxMan

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Congrats to JCS. Represent west TN well next week. Last I heard, JoByrns and Mt. Pleasant were tied late in the game. Heck, we beat MP this pre-season. Surely ya'll can handle either one of them :lol: .

Ya'll had a great season Lake Co. Falcons and didn't go without a fight tonight!!!! Ya'll finally played like the team I figured ya'll to be this year the last three weeks. Congrats on a great season and see ya'll next year!!!! :thumb:

Mt. Pleasant----------30

JoByrns---------------22

2 minutes to go. Winner plays JCS in semi's.

Congrats to JCS. Represent west TN well next week. Last I heard, JoByrns and Mt. Pleasant were tied late in the game. Heck, we beat MP this pre-season. Surely ya'll can handle either one of them :lol: .

Ya'll had a great season Lake Co. Falcons and didn't go without a fight tonight!!!! Ya'll finally played like the team I figured ya'll to be this year the last three weeks. Congrats on a great season and see ya'll next year!!!! :thumb:

Mt. Pleasant----------30

JoByrns---------------22

2 minutes to go. Winner plays JCS in semi's.

MP----------------30

JoByrns----------28

So it will be Mt. Pleasant at JCS next week. McKenzie beat MP 4-2 in a pre-season game which means squat now but, good luck JCS. The winner of that one is probably lookin' at Friendship Christian.

mrbigster and lakecountyfalconfan (and all the rest of our friends at Lake Co.),

Sorry it came to an end for ya'll tonight. The Falcons represented 7A well and it was a great season for all of us. Anyone who thinks class A ball in west TN is weak should have to play a season in either region 7A or 8A. There might be a few of them that would do well but, for the most part they would struggle like the rest of us did. It's a dog fight over here and hopefully, JCS can prove it next week.

tha' duck

this was a great game..Lake Co took a 13-0 lead and led 13-7 at the half..J.C.S. scored at the beginning of the 3rd quarter to make the score 14 -13...J.C.S scored again to make the score 20 -13 and missed their extra point...Lake Co got the ball at about the 30 yard line and drove the ball down the field on a beautiful drive and scored with a little over a minute left to pull within one point at 20-19. ..Lake Co decided to go for two and hopefully the win and Springer rolled left and scored to make the score 21-20 in favor of Lake Co but was hit hard and stayed down in the end zone for a little over a minute..Lake Co kicked off and J.C.S. was 65 yards away with 55 seconds left..J.C.S. threw a pass about 25 yards and with about 40 seconds left..J.C.S. ran 3 more plays and was facing a 4th and 10 with 20 seconds left in the game on about the 36 yard line..Lake Co was one play away from winning the game..J.C.S. threw a pass to the #11 receiver who was about a yard past the chains for a first down..Sep should have tried to keep him from getting to the chain but I guess since the receiver was past the chain..he decided to gamble and knock the ball down but missed the ball by inches instead of keeping the receiver in front of him..With no one else in the end zone ,#11 waltzed in the endzone...J.C.S. has a great team and a fine quarterback..Both teams played hard..I thought they were better then both Fayette and T.C.A..I hope the Lake Co fans will get on and congrat J.C.S. and wish them well..No crying here..WE had several penalties in the first half with Springer gaining about 55 yards and would have given Lake Co a first down from about 25 yards out.Lake Co was called for lining up off-sides on a critical 4th and 3 that allowed J.C.S. to pick up a key first down...But the 2nd half...J.C.S. had several penalties go against them with holding penalties and had a touchdown called back...All in all..a very good game..Both teams played hard..Lake Co played great ball the past several weeks..Great job..Good luck J.C.S. against Mt.Pleasant!

Edited by mrbigster

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826258415' date='Nov 17 2006 - 10:15 PM']

Wow...that sounds nuch like how Lake County beat TCA last week.

It was about the same way..The quarterback for J.C.S. is shifty and did a great job...The only difference was Lake Co threw the ball in the end zone for the win with 9 seconds left and J.C.S. threw to their fine receive ,#11 and Sep gambled in trying to knock the ball down and when he missed,#11 just waltzed into the end zone..But you're right..same result at the end of the game..Congrats to J.C.S..

Congrats Lake Co on a fine season even though we didn't win tonight..You guys played hard and the last 3 games looked like the team we all thought we had..Great season ..Yall were just 1 play away..the break went our way last week..this week it didn't..J.C.S. has a fine team and a very good quarterback,shifty and #11 is a fine receiver..J.C.S. has a fine team!I hope they do well and represent our area!

mrbigster and lakecountyfalconfan (and all the rest of our friends at Lake Co.),

Sorry it came to an end for ya'll tonight. The Falcons represented 7A well and it was a great season for all of us. Anyone who thinks class A ball in west TN is weak should have to play a season in either region 7A or 8A. There might be a few of them that would do well but, for the most part they would struggle like the rest of us did. It's a dog fight over here and hopefully, JCS can prove it next week.

tha' duck

Your're right Duckman..We played hard..I thought we had the game won ..but I've seen it so many times over the years..A fine team makes that one great play at the end..No crying from me ..Congrats to J.C.S...They will represent our area well..

Football is a game of inches and the falcons came up a bit short. It was a great game and congrats to JCS.JCS has a very good team.To the falcon seniors just wanted to say "you guys put LC football back on the map. " Hold your heads up and be proud of all that you have achieved. Underclassmen work hard in the off-season and built off of this season.

Congrats Lake Co on a fine season even though we didn't win tonight..You guys played hard and the last 3 games looked like the team we all thought we had..Great season ..Yall were just 1 play away..the break went our way last week..this week it didn't..J.C.S. has a fine team and a very good quarterback,shifty and #11 is a fine receiver..J.C.S. has a fine team!I hope they do well and represent our area!

There is no way to describe how gut-wrenching this game was as the minutes and the quarters passed by. Momentum shifted from LC to JCS to LC to JCS and back again. Both teams were hurt at times by penalties, and both team played stretches of very good football.

The team speed and strength of LC overwhelmed JCS during the first quarter. By halftime JCS was beginning to recover, and the second half was back and forth the entire half.

Springer and company are every bit as strong and good as billed. They are good enough to play in the semifinals next week. Congratulations to the LC team, especially the seniors, and to Coach Barger and his staff for a fine season and an excellent effort tonight. Compliments to LC Principal Bret Johnson and staff for hosting the game tonight. It was a class act all the way around.

EAGLES, YOU ARE AWESOME!!!! You are finding a way to win the games that we've lost in the past. You persevere and overcome adversity. You make the plays when they must be made. And you give God the glory. I could not be any more proud of you than I am tonight, and you know that I would be just as proud had LC come out on top. To the coaches, thanks for your leadership and the way you are modeling Christ to the team. And thanks to the cheerleaders, student body, parents and fans for all the encouragement. It truly is a family effort and a family success.

Now. let's get ready for next week.....

4:13

Edited by Gocart

This was an exciting football game between two very fine teams. JCS weathered the early Lake County storm of 13 points and responded with 20 unanswered points of their own. They also had a touchdown called back because of offsetting penalties. Lake County then engineered an outstanding drive and scored a touchdown to pull within 1 point with around a minute and a half remaining in the game. LC converted a 2point play to move ahead 21-20. JCS got the ball with 1:05 remaining on the clock, no time outs, and 62 yards to go to hit paydirt. JCS gets deep in LC territory and then with about 30 seconds to go in the game they convert a 4th and the season on the line play into 6 points as Fowler delivered the strike to Raynor who caught the ball and ran into the endzone with the winning score.

It was an outstanding game and it was sad that someone had to loose. There was great sportsmanship displayed by both teams after the game. That was very nice to see.