JCS at Lake County

JaxMan

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lake County has a great team and are peaking...they run the ball well and proved Friday night they could throw it around as well...JCS started slow but have kicked it in...passing game is still alive but now are finding a running game to compliment it...should be a great game...could go down to the wire...

I think this game is for the birds. :thumb:

I look for JCS to pull this one out. If they can stop Lake County from making big plays they should win. Lake County seemed to wear down late in the game against TCA. Springer kept them afloat. He`s a good athlete. TCA was playing without starting RB Nat Crenshaw and I have to believe he could have made a difference in the outcome.

Lake County had a decent punter. At least he was against TCA. I don`t know if he just had a good night or that was normal. The Eagles must do a good job of keeping Lake County from getting outside.

Volunteer[/url]General' post='826245024' date='Nov 11 2006 - 08:42 AM']

I think this game is for the birds. :thumb:

I look for JCS to pull this one out. If they can stop Lake County from making big plays they should win. Lake County seemed to wear down late in the game against TCA. Springer kept them afloat. He`s a good athlete. TCA was playing without starting RB Nat Crenshaw and I have to believe he could have made a difference in the outcome.

Lake County had a decent punter. At least he was against TCA. I don`t know if he just had a good night or that was normal. The Eagles must do a good job of keeping Lake County from getting outside.

Well..it's hard to say what may have happened..Had Lake Co not fumbled..they would have probably won by 2 or 3 touchdowns..Lake

co had about 45o total yards to T.C.A. 's 240..Lake Co had 17 first downs to T.C.A.'s 9..So..had Lake Co not had those fumbles and the interception..that meant T.C.A. would have had less yards,less first downs and may not have gotten a couple of those touchdowns..T.C. A didn't have any turnovers...Had Crenshaw played..he may have fumbled a couple times..who knows..T.C.A. has a good team but Lake Co pretty well moved at will against them and only the fumbles kept T.C.A. close...As far as the punter..He's the backup quarterback...And a freshman..And he has been better than any of us could have imagined..I don't really remember a bad punt or a block all year..congrats to T.C. A. they had a great year ..an excellent team and for sure..they didn't quit!

Edited by mrbigster

JCS fans, let's keep flying under the radar. Just like we have the last two Friday nights, let's show up and do our talking on the field, not on a message board!

With that said, the game between JCS and Lake County will feature two talented teams and it should be a dandy. :thumb:

We feel the same way as far as being under the radar..Not many have given Lake Co a chance to win these past two games and are calling them upsets..Lake Co is just a couple of plays away and maybe a couple injuries to Springer and Yancey in a couple games that they could be undefeated or at least 9-1...I wrote in a post about 5 weeks ago that Springer didn't look as fast as last year..but he had a quad pulled and just took time to heal..Now ..that Springer and Yancey is healthy..I believe this will be a great game!

Well..it's hard to say what may have happened..Had Lake Co not fumbled..they would have probably won by 2 or 3 touchdowns..Lake

co had about 45o total yards to T.C.A. 's 240..Lake Co had 17 first downs to T.C.A.'s 9..So..had Lake Co not had those fumbles and the interception..that meant T.C.A. would have had less yards,less first downs and may not have gotten a couple of those touchdowns..T.C. A didn't have any turnovers...Had Crenshaw played..he may have fumbled a couple times..who knows..T.C.A. has a good team but Lake Co pretty well moved at will against them and only the fumbles kept T.C.A. close...As far as the punter..He's the backup quarterback...And a freshman..And he has been better than any of us could have imagined..I don't really remember a bad punt or a block all year..congrats to T.C. A. they had a great year ..an excellent team and for sure..they didn't quit!

Oh, so this week we're gonna blame it on turnovers.... Last time I checked you have won the last two weeks and still find ways to come up with excuses as to why they were close games. Are penalties and turnovers not part of football??? You don't have to answer that, I'm worried many of you wouldn't get it right. YES, they are part of football. In case you have forgotten you lost 3 games and finished 4th in your division. True, you are the only ones standing now; but don't come with excuses, be glad that your team is playing good football at the right time of the season and run with it. Your team is very talented and are playing well right now, I'm not gonna lie; I expected them to lose to Fayette and Trinity, and I didn't expect it to be close. I realize now that Lake Co. is a good football team, too bad their fans still find ways to complain. I am scared to think of what it would be like if they would have lost those games. They'd have to reserve an entire forum for LC's crying. If your team has problems with penalties and turnovers then do something about it. True, sometimes its out of control but most of the time you create your own luck. This probably has alot to do with the tackling problems that you have all talked about throughout the regular season. The talent is there, maybe its just a lack of discipline.

Edited by buschman

These teams (LC & JC)are good enough to make it to the boro, but I believe the MP/JB winner is going to the boro. Talent wise: most talent MP, JB, JC, LC least talent. But LC could still make it to the boro. It's wide open on the West side of 1A bracket.

Edited by wuzMP63

By the way, I don't think we can consider JCS as flying under the radar. They always get their respect because they are right there year in and year out. True, many expected them to lose to McKenzie but no objective spectator really thought that they would lose to UC. Maybe I shouldn't say "no", there are alot of people on here that surprise me every single day with their beliefs. Anyways, JCS was definately considered the favorite in the first round. I don't believe Eagle fans can pull the underdog card, especially not playing against Lake Co. this week, they are the true underdog.

These teams (LC & JC)are good enough to make it to the boro, but I believe the MP/JB winner is going to the boro. Talent wise: most talent MP, JB, JC, LC least talent. But LC could still make it to the boro. It's wide open on the West side of 1A bracket.

Obviously you know nothing about LC if you think they have the least talent. They probably have the MOST pure talent, just the least depth. MP and JB may have better overall teams, but I guarantee that they do not have more pure talent than Lake County. It's very, very rare that anyone Lake County plays has more talent than the Falcons.