Giles County@David Lipscomb

coach5

Though the preceding posts may be interesting, I hold the key to the true nature of the bagpipes. List now and join me on a mystical journey over the rainbow to find the pot o' gold...

Back in the days of David Lipscomb's Butter Bowl dominance, one rainy Friday, the Mustangs were walking the field before the game. Some of the players noticed a rainbow which seemed to fade into the North endzone, then something odd happened. Legends of the time tell the story that they heard the wondrous sound of bagpipes and a leprechaun of the rare Scottish Leprechaun Contingent appeared on the field. The Lipscomb players were befuddled to say the least. With the aid of their leprechaun friend, the Mustangs won the game in a dominant fashion.

Lipscomb coaches and players determined that the leprechaun must have been drawn to the gold helmets of the Mustangs of the time. However, as time passed, the tales of the leprechaun grew less and less believable. When the Mustangs removed the last hint of gold from their helmets, the leprechaun nation ceased to provide any support to the Mustangs. The team began to notice that their lucky charms could no longer be felt in the Reese Smith Athletic Complex.

In nineteen hundred and eighty-eight, the team, sporting their solid purple helmets, came together to decide how best to get the leprechauns back. They refused to bring back the golden helmets, but decided to try to sway the leprechauns back with a little taste of home: bagpipes. Prior to every game, the hum of the bagpipes resounds throughout the stadium, and a few Lipscomb faithful casually look around in hopes of seeing that little man in the green trousers back to once again watch the Lipscomb Mustangs, his Lipscomb Mustangs.

Since there is no longer a marching band, perhaps when the bagpipes do play, maybe we should get someone to dress as a Leprechaun and dance a little jig. (Anti-dancing verbiage is no longer found in the Lipscomb Handbook) Also, maybe we should also officially bring back the Notre Dame Fight song, if we get ourselves a Leprechaun. If we are going to do all that, we might as well get us some guys to march around in Kilts...I think we still have some drummers on campus. I would suggest to enlist the help of these former players: Chris McBinkley, Anton McSantiago, Chris McMurphy, Burton McElrod, Jay McArney, Jacob McArthur, Ryan McBlankeship and perhaps others. These guys could still wear the kilts.

Maybe current Senior Volunteer Double Secret Probation Pep Band leader, Josh McTumblin could handle this endeavor for Friday Night. Perhaps even the Unofficial Official David Lipscomb Mustang Football Website will change its name to The McMustangfanpage.com

Edited by vandy1

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since there is no longer a marching band, perhaps when the bagpipes do play, maybe we should get someone to dress as a Leprechaun and dance a little jig. (Anti-dancing verbiage is no longer found in the Lipscomb Handbook) Also, maybe we should also officially bring back the Notre Dame Fight song, if we get ourselves a Leprechaun. If we are going to do all that, we might as well get us some guys to march around in Kilts...I think we still have some drummers on campus. I would suggest to enlist the help of these former players: Chris McBinkley, Anton McSantiago, Chris McMurphy, Burton McElrod, Jay McArney, Jacob McArthur, Ryan McBlankeship and perhaps others. These guys could still wear the kilts.

Maybe current Senior Volunteer Double Secret Probation Pep Band leader, Josh McTumblin could handle this endeavor for Friday Night. Perhaps even the Unofficial Official David Lipscomb Mustang Football Website will change its name to The McMustangfanpage.com

I think your a bunch of McCocky McFruitloops who are gonna get your mcbutts mcwhipped

In researching a bit deeper into the whole bagpipe history, ancient people used the bag pipes as an instrument of torture. You see they would lock someone in a room with the bagpiper just out of reach. The bagpiper would then begin to play. At first you think the sound is awful because the piper is not quite warmed up yet. Then you realize the sound is getting worse not better as time goes by. To make it even more unbearable, when the piper skips to a new song it sounds exactly like the old one. This goes on and on till people go completely insane, and rarely were they ever able to recover. My information says it probably took around four minutes for someone to go completely insane from the sound. Oddly enough the pipers themselves were immune to the sounds. When they played it was as if they couldn't even here what they were playing. I'll continue researching....

I think your a bunch of McCocky McFruitloops who are gonna get your mcbutts mcwhipped

There you have it folks, the first shot fired over the bow by the Giles County fans.

I have just edited this post. My apologies to the Giles County Fans. The Philofisher is NOT a Giles County Fan. He is a tormented soul that lurks among all of the Coach T. Threads sharing his version of doom and gloom. Check his profile and read all of his posts.

Edited by vandy1

One relevant question for all of the Lipscomb fans who will arrive late this week. When you get to the stadium after kickoff and try to work your way to the seat in the middle of the aisle, should you go down the row facing the field or facing the pressbox? I am always uncomfortable when I face this. If I face the field, then I could be exposing my rear to a whole family. The other way could be even worse. What is the proper way to make your way down the row? Serious answers will be appreciated.

Ted, I apologize for overlooking your question. The answer is that it depends. If you are arriving late knowing that you have a purple seat waiting for you, you go down the row facing the pressbox. Reason being that your rear is in for a long night, so the last thing you need to be doing is trying to keep a tight ship back there as you shimmy down a row of seats. If, however, you are a simpleton fan who merely seeks a seat on the aluminum, I suggest going down the row facing the field, so you can see the Annexation-of-Puerto-Rico-Triple-Reverse-Option-Statue-of-Liberty-Hook-and-Latteral that DL is sure to be running.

Rumor has it that coach mccadams will wear his kilt on Friday night. Is it proper etiquette to wear anything under the kilt?

Moving on... Once upon a time, two young and lovely girls crept up on a sleeping Scotsman, and, well, did something improper. "And there behold for them to view beneath his Scotish skirt, Was nothin' more than God had graced him with upon his birth." Hope that helps you in your quest for wardrobe accuracy.

Ring Ding Diddle Diddle I Dee Oh, Ring Di Diddly I Oh.

Rumor has it that coach mccadams will wear his kilt on Friday night. Is it proper etiquette to wear anything under the kilt?

Ahhh! nothin makes me grin more than discussing kilt etiqutte. The real men wear their kilts bare. I believe the americans refer to it as free-ballin. anyway me hopes its not cold friday or the old man will be freezin his ars off under that skirt of his!!!

Ted, I apologize for overlooking your question. The answer is that it depends. If you are arriving late knowing that you have a purple seat waiting for you, you go down the row facing the pressbox. Reason being that your rear is in for a long night, so the last thing you need to be doing is trying to keep a tight ship back there as you shimmy down a row of seats. If, however, you are a simpleton fan who merely seeks a seat on the aluminum, I suggest going down the row facing the field, so you can see the Annexation-of-Puerto-Rico-Triple-Reverse-Option-Statue-of-Liberty-Hook-and-Latteral that DL is sure to be running.

Moving on... Once upon a time, two young and lovely girls crept up on a sleeping Scotsman, and, well, did something improper. "And there behold for them to view beneath his Scotish skirt, Was nothin' more than God had graced him with upon his birth." Hope that helps you in your quest for wardrobe accuracy.

Ring Ding Diddle Diddle I Dee Oh, Ring Di Diddly I Oh.

Two important factors when deciding which way to face are (1) whether or not you like the people sitting in the row and (2) What you ate for breakfast and how its been sitting with you

Giles County will need to bring our "moonshine". After reading some of these recent posts . . . . I believe the Lipscomb fans are already into their "Scotch Whiskey", and it's only Monday!

The combination ought to make a great party for the fans!

I'm still alittle concerned about 'em men who say they be wearin skirts with nothin' under them.

Regardless of what you may or may not be wearing - - travel safe!

We look forward to seein' 'em men in them there skirts! I sure hope that are purty!