Andre Sterling Can't Carry Brian Marshall's Jock Strap

OwlPride

I'll take Sterling any day of the week over Marshall and twice on Sunday !!! NFL Sunday that is ! I wouldn't be surprised to see Sterling playing on Sundays one day. I can't say the same for Marshall.

Sterling has done what he has done without much of a complimentary passing game at all. He has faced 8 and 9 men in the box trying to stop him almost every single game this year and still has nearly 2000 yards rushing. In fact, the only game Farragut has had with a significant passing attack was against Ooltewah. Marshall has had the benefit of a much better Ooltewah passing game to take the pressure off of the running game. His yards are much more of the result of a well balanced offense.

I hope Marshall will enjoy watching Sterling play high Division I college football, and possibly even watch him playing on Sundays one day !!!

This is not meant to take away anything from the Marshall kid. He is a really good high school football player, but he is in no way shape or form, nearly as good as Andre Sterling !!!

Ooltewah fans, I heard a rumor somewhere that Louisville was taking a good hard look at Brian Marshall. Is this true?

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Louisville is lookin at Trace too. I don't have his exact stats but i'm pretty sure he had more yards than both Sterling and Marshall, more touchdowns and i better average per carry, despite running behind the smaller line. I'm sure TribeFan has his stats if he would just look on this thread sometime.

And he had 160 yards or so vs Sevier County in the first round whoever asked about that

It may be true but I would find it very hard to believe because of Marshall's size. Isn't he something like 5'6" 150lbs. ? That's extremely small to be able to play major college football.

Couple of years back Denver Bronco's had a tailback that was about 5'5" and 185lbs and nobody could touch him he's so quick. Marshall has the frame for about 30 more lbs he's only 16 or so.

Louisville is lookin at Trace too. I don't have his exact stats but i'm pretty sure he had more yards than both Sterling and Marshall, more touchdowns and i better average per carry, despite running behind the smaller line. I'm sure TribeFan has his stats if he would just look on this thread sometime.

And he had 160 yards or so vs Sevier County in the first round whoever asked about that

trace doesnt have more yards than Andre Sterling. he might have a few weeks ago. but not anymore.

Couple of years back Denver Bronco's had a tailback that was about 5'5" and 185lbs and nobody could touch him he's so quick. Marshall has the frame for about 30 more lbs he's only 16 or so.

I didn't realize he was so young. He still has some growing left in him. If he does grow then he will probably become a Div IA prospect. He is certainly a really good back. I just think Andre Sterling is a little better at this point in time.

Well we will find out just whether or not you can stop Sterling again this coming Friday. I wouldn't exactly count my little "owls" before they hatch there Mr. Cocky !!! As for Marshall's stats, like I said, he is greatly helped by your passing game. Sterling has not received much help from a passing game and has gained his yards mostly against defenses especially geared to stopping him. That is the difference between the two. If Marshall had to run against 8 or 9 men in the box all the time, he wouldn't have near the yards he currently does. The bottom line as far as this thread goes is that Sterling is better and it ain't even close !!! That's why he's nominated for 5A Mr. Football and Marshall isn't, even though Marshall is a very good back. (I don't mean to imply that he isn't)

How many passing yards does Farragut have this year? 9 people in the box? WOW! That leaves 2 corners out there by themselves..... Ooltewah ran a 4-3 defense with 7 in the box against Farragut and did well. I know Sterling will be tough Friday night but Ooltewah has stopped him once with Farraguts stud QB, what makes you think they won't stop them again? I think there is more pressure on Farraguts running game this week. Keeping teams 1 dimensional is why Ooltewah is 12-0 and that one dimension is passing....

How many passing yards does Farragut have this year? 9 people in the box? WOW! That leaves 2 corners out there by themselves..... Ooltewah ran a 4-3 defense with 7 in the box against Farragut and did well. I know Sterling will be tough Friday night but Ooltewah has stopped him once with Farraguts stud QB, what makes you think they won't stop them again? I think there is more pressure on Farraguts running game this week. Keeping teams 1 dimensional is why Ooltewah is 12-0 and that one dimension is passing....

First of all, I never said that Ooltewah wasn't a good team or that they didn't have a tough defense. They certainly do. However, it is also quite possible for a RB or OL to have a bad game, and be able to play much much better the second time around. Same for a defense too. Furthermore, I never said that Sterling played every single play or game against 8 or 9 in the box, but he most certainly did a fair amount. Many defenses we played against were especially geared to stop Sterling. Given this fact you would think that we would be able to pass for a ton, but we didn't. We only had 4 games of over 100 yds. passing. with only 908 yds. for the year. Furthermore, 250+ of those yards came in 1 game against Ooltewah ! Outside of the Ooltewah game, we had no passing game whatsoever to take the pressure off of the running game. We have been 1 dimensional the entire year ! Personally, you may have shut us down running once, but I don't think you do it twice, at least not to the degree that you did the first time. Also, I think our backup QB is going to be a surprise for the Owls. I think he might be able to surprise the Owls with a few throws to relieve the pressure on Sterling and the running game. Yes, it would be better to have Lawrence, but I don't think Farragut is gonna lay down and roll over just because their QB got hurt. If anything, I think Farragut will respond with even more determination and heart in the running game to make up for losing Lawrence.

i think Farragut has around 1000yds passing. but then again. Farragut barely passed the ball until the Ooltewah game. Then they finally started passing the ball a little in the last few games because no one thought we could do it. The fact that there is 8 or 9 in the box is also why Sterling has soo many long TD runs. because if he gets through the 1st part he is gone.. pretty much no matter what D he is up against. yeah u could say most rbs once they get passed the initial ppl that they would score. but somehow alot of rbs get in the secondary and get caught. Andre has the speed to get away from the secondary and the power to get through the initial 8 or 9 in the box. Andre has amazing balance too. if u watch his 35yd run against WB ull see what im talking about. its a ridiculous run. i think i posted it in the 5A mr football thread.

edit: i jsut say that FHS answered the question about yds. i jsut didnt feel like reading his thing cuz i figured it would be about ooltewah not respecting Farragut or somethin.

Edited by ihavenofriendzz

It may be true but I would find it very hard to believe because of Marshall's size. Isn't he something like 5'6" 150lbs. ? That's extremely small to be able to play major college football.

LSU has a running back that gets a lot of time thats the same size as marshall...and if LSU can get a guy like that to play in the SEC, then Louisville certainly could in the big east

I don't even know who denlron is, newballer?????? I know who all of the other ones you listed are, even though I havent spoken to BiB in person in a while (probably since you were in school)

he is the boyfriend of a certain coach that coached at a former rival and now teaches at ooltewah...you should be able to figure it out from there