RIVERDALE vs. smyrna

SCN08FearTheSpear

Thank you. What amazed me is how the Smyrna kids, a lot of them playing both ways, kept getting knocked down and then getting back in the game a couple of plays later... The Day kid was all over the place. He went down, appearing to be hurt, and then, a few plays later, he is back in and making the tackle again. I think Shadrake left one once or twice as well, only to come back in the game.....

There was no quit in the Riverdale kids either. They just ran out of time....

Yea Shadrake and Day are both 2 tough kids.

• Replies 335
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry it took so long to post....

Been working at MTSU all day - saw three great high school football games!

Football is a funny game.

Did ya realize that after the 1st quarter, Riverdale had the ball 27 of the 36 minutes of the game? That if a Warrior knocks down that pass to Crouch, Smyrna actually gains LESS yards than they gained in the 49-0 loss earlier? That Smyrna had 6 first downs in the 49-0 loss. Last night, they also got 6 first downs....

But that is what makes football a great game! On any given day....

It was just two groups of kids and coaches trying to win a game and play another week. And a fumble here and a pass there, one team wins and plays again, and another one sees their season come to an end...

Should be a fun game at Smyrna next Friday night... I plan on being there rooting for my alma mater.... And wishing I wasn't :huh: But, to quote a line I read somewhere today, Every Dog Has Its Day :huh: (It just took a lot of days for these Bulldogs to have theirs) :thumb:

oh mr limbaugh

the one who last yr got his feelings hurt about being called a riverdale homer and went on to note how he basically loved everybody in rutherford county and supproted them all and is basically a lifetime member of smyrna baseball

well I would challenge anybody to click on your name click on profile and click on review post and you will see he is certainly no supporter of smyrna (if I get time later I may pull a few and post them to let everyone see how you reall feel)

As for "not wanting to be there" well a good idea would be to put on your riverdale sweatshirt stay home and watch the you tube riverdale video ( that thing gets funnier very time I see it)and have visions of what could have been if not for 2 things

a bunch of excuse and ifs

and

SMYRNA 9

riverdlae 7

deal with it!

as for ifs

if sonny throws the ball a littl to the inside in the 1st qtr crouch has 2 tds and its 14 to zero

if crouch catches the sideline pass its 1st down in riverdale teritory

if rod does not jump a second to early his catch gives smyrna another 1st down

if maceo does not get tripped at the last secons on a couple carries in the 1st qtr he scores

davidlimbaugh Posted on: Oct 21 2006 - 09:41 AM

Medalist

Group: CoachT+

Member No.: 29,474

Dominated: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/dominated

1. to rule over; govern; control.

2. to tower above; overlook; overshadow: A tall pine dominated the landscape.

3. to predominate, permeate, or characterize.

4. Mathematics. (of a series, vector, etc.) to have terms or components greater in absolute value than the corresponding terms or components of a given series, vector, etc.

5. Linguistics. (of a node in a tree diagram) to be connected with (a subordinate node) either directly by a single downward branch or indirectly by a sequence of downward branches.

–verb (used without object)

6. to rule; exercise control; predominate.

7. to occupy a commanding or elevated position.

i.e. 49-0 - scoring on 7 of 9 possessions.

That would be DOMINATED.

to beat this dominating team at thier homefield in the playoffs and send them home

PRICELESS

Edited by 82cat

Well thats what makes the game freat is coulda whoulda shoulda for both teams. I am a firm believer in that everything that happens for reason. Who knows why we lost and you won? It just makes you think about it everyday. Sadly i get to for a year. Also tdntn did not make those videos. A student at riverdale did.

Hang in there man......it will only make you better.

Well thats what makes the game freat is coulda whoulda shoulda for both teams. I am a firm believer in that everything that happens for reason. Who knows why we lost and you won? It just makes you think about it everyday. Sadly i get to for a year. Also tdntn did not make those videos. A student at riverdale did.

tdntn is the one that posted them!

Well, mr. smyrna=....

Ya know, what ya really want after beating a team like Riverdale is to have them support you in the next game....classless posts like that one tend to come back and bite ya in the nether-regions.

As Jed Clampett used to say:

Piiiiitiful.......

even if smyrna loses its next game.....we lasted longer then riverdale

2 Tickets to the smyrna vs. riverdale game..........$14

Parking................$1

2 cokes and nachos.........$6

WATCHING A BUNCH OF RIVERDALE PLAYERS CRYING LIKE BABIES AND HEARING THE SMYRNA FANS YELLING OVERRATED...........PRICELESS!

oh yeah one more thing.....We ready, we ready, we ready for yall. Riverdale aint nothing SHS STATE CHAMPS 06!

You have a tacky name. And a tacky post. Quit being cocky and focus for next week.

2 Tickets to the smyrna vs. riverdale game..........$14

Parking................$1

2 cokes and nachos.........$6

WATCHING A BUNCH OF RIVERDALE PLAYERS CRYING LIKE BABIES AND HEARING THE SMYRNA FANS YELLING OVERRATED...........PRICELESS!

oh yeah one more thing.....We ready, we ready, we ready for yall. Riverdale aint nothing SHS STATE CHAMPS 06!

Hey Buddy ... I am a big Smyrna fan and I appreciate your enthusiaism ... but you need to understand that the Riverdale game was not the State Championship game. Let's stay focused on this week! Thanks for your support, but let's try and help the team keep thier eyes on one week at a time.