Freshman and Soph. in East Tennessee 06

Hopi

Its pretty obvious JacketDad has a sever case of Kayla/OS envy. His nerve most likely gets hit anytime kayla's name mentioned based on his trigger happy responses.

While this thread is cute and all naming good to very good sophomore and freshman in East TN, the reality is Kayla is the best sophomore in East TN and one of the top 3 sophomores in the state in ALL classifications.

As a freshman, kayla made the Knoxville News Sentinel's 3rd team All East Tennessee's team. She's the leading candidate to garner the Sentinel's sophomore of the year. In recruting circles, she's considered the state of Tennessee's can't miss young PG and is commanding attention from the nation's best colleges.

Its obvious that JacketDad is accustomed regional recruiting. His handicap on national recruiting issues should be noted and assesed as OS/Kayla Envy.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess we'll find out in two years if she is or isn't good enough to play at UT, but I'd love to see Kayla or any girl from Roane County or Morgan County get that opportunity.

I do know that the summer before her freshman year that she was regarded as one of the top 10 or so players in the NATION according to some of the AAU recruiting folks.

I think Kayla's biggest strength is that she is a tremendous ball handler that can get to any part of the floor that she wants. That also shows that she has good physical strength.

She also understands the game as well as anybody you'll see. Then again she was probably dribbling a basketball before she could walk.

Its pretty obvious JacketDad has a sever case of Kayla/OS envy. His nerve most likely gets hit anytime kayla's name mentioned based on his trigger happy responses.

While this thread is cute and all naming good to very good sophomore and freshman in East TN, the reality is Kayla is the best sophomore in East TN and one of the top 3 sophomores in the state in ALL classifications.

As a freshman, kayla made the Knoxville News Sentinel's 3rd team All East Tennessee's team. She's the leading candidate to garner the Sentinel's sophomore of the year. In recruting circles, she's considered the state of Tennessee's can't miss young PG and is commanding attention from the nation's best colleges.

Its obvious that JacketDad is accustomed regional recruiting. His handicap on national recruiting issues should be noted and assesed as OS/Kayla Envy.

I don't believe that Kayla is the best sophmore in east tn. You must have forgotten about Nicole Dickson from Greeneville. As a Fresman Nicole made all state.

There have been several comments based on my previous posts about Kayla. I would assume they are all coming from the O.S. fanbase. Let me say this, My intention is not to offend you fans, simply to say that I think its premature to put her name out there as the best sophmore bar none. She definitely has the potential be one of the best. Believe me, I've seen her play, not only in High School, but Middle School as well as AAU. She is "Bar None" one of the better PG in this area. I wish her all the luck in the world to make it to the next level, and hopefully it will be to a DI School.

Believe me, I remember her 34 points against Kingston last year, it was a very impressive shooting exibition she put on. And although I would love to see Kingston beat O.S., I know its not going to happen this year and probably the foreseeable future.

MY 2 cents worth, Kayla is extremly talented maybe in the top 5, I ever seen play as a Freshman but the last thing she needs is the Fans Coaches and Freinds preaching to her how good she already is.She is 15 or 16 years old and has plenty of time to show her skills. I hope she can play UT but that is quite a hill for any climber when you have a Coach that can get almost anybody in the Nation that she wants. Just give her time and quit putting a whole lot of presure on her and hopefully she will be a Lady Vol someday. GO LADY BOBCATS :lol:

I know here in Greene County we are partial to Dickson at Greeneville and Dye at South Greene but I can not believe that no one Northeast has mentioned Dee Montgomery from Tennessee High. She pretty much took the game from us in Bristol.

I know I have only seen four teams from region 1 so far, but not only is she the best freshman or sophomore she is the best player I have seen out of the four teams. :unsure: