Jack Daniels Named Page Head Coach

CHS 2007

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I told you all that this was going to happen over a month ago and everyone insisted that JD was going to Centennial. Congrats to Jack Daniels on being named the new head football coach at Page High School. That has the makings of being a very good football team next year returning the likes of Neel, Lankford, & Dowd :angry:

What do you think of this move bulldog69??????

I am in complete shock....I had no idea....I am so surprised.....I didn't even know he was still around...I thought he was going to Marshall Co......I thought Bennett was coming back(heh heh)......I thought we were going 2a .......welllllll not.

It's never wise to speak of something until it is finalized so Many of us said nothing.

Well, one thing is for sure....LOOK OUT for wide open offense. Look for changes to be made and boundaries re-set some. There is a lot of behind the scenes movement to correct some garbage moves on boundaries as evidenced by the lack of extension on the Superintendent's contract. I don't think JD will take any of that sitting down and from what I hear it has been addressed. Either that or hello to 2a. The pressure on some of the 5a schools enrollment does not make any sense with Page being down over 400 students from 5 yrs ago and everyone else going up. Nolensville and Spring Hill have massive move-ins going on every month.. ....it is not a matter of "if" it has to happen and "when" is the only timeline. Enough of that.......at a later date.

This is a great move esp with the soph class. The jr class is very small in comparison.

JD will get a lot of resources not previously there. He needs more staff. I haven't read anything yet....I was hoping he would get the AD job which has been filled previously by a lady who knows nothing about sports.

Wide-open...baby!!!!!

I am in complete shock....I had no idea....I am so surprised.....I didn't even know he was still around...I thought he was going to Marshall Co......I thought Bennett was coming back(heh heh)......I thought we were going 2a .......welllllll not.

It's never wise to speak of something until it is finalized so Many of us said nothing.

Well, one thing is for sure....LOOK OUT for wide open offense. Look for changes to be made and boundaries re-set some. There is a lot of behind the scenes movement to correct some garbage moves on boundaries as evidenced by the lack of extension on the Superintendent's contract. I don't think JD will take any of that sitting down and from what I hear it has been addressed. Either that or hello to 2a. The pressure on some of the 5a schools enrollment does not make any sense with Page being down over 400 students from 5 yrs ago and everyone else going up. Nolensville and Spring Hill have massive move-ins going on every month.. ....it is not a matter of "if" it has to happen and "when" is the only timeline. Enough of that.......at a later date.

This is a great move esp with the soph class. The jr class is very small in comparison.

JD will get a lot of resources not previously there. He needs more staff. I haven't read anything yet....I was hoping he would get the AD job which has been filled previously by a lady who knows nothing about sports.

Wide-open...baby!!!!!

Ahh..Good to see Bulldog69 has put his 1 cent worth of info into the thread! Hey Dog, no Coach Smith bashing in your thread? It is not a qulity bulldog post with some Smitty Bashing, regardless of what the topic is! B)

I am puzzled by the move for Daniels. 5A football to 3A football...sounds like a temporary fix for ole Jack or maybe doing a favor for an assistant principal friend there at Page! How far off is retirement for Daniels? Any clue?

Page will be receiving some zoning assistance, but not the type of assistance that you think you will get. Drop by Page Middle one day and check out the future of Page High Football. Other than that, no "immediate' help on the way! You and CHS do have some zoning help coming, but not the kind of help to make a major impact on any one program from what I have heard.

JD will have some solid young talent to work with..Lankford is the key! Neel will need a LOT of work to become a quality Qb in a JD offense. Neel does not throw the ball well enough at this time to "Air it Out" JD style, nor does he have the receivers..Dowd is VERY AVERAGE at best!

AD position is filled at this time...to the best of my knowledge. But hey, since it is obviously about 'who ya know', I am sure JD can find a way into the AD seat there as well. B)