Jack Daniels Named Page Head Coach

CHS 2007

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ahh..Good to see Bulldog69 has put his 1 cent worth of info into the thread! Hey Dog, no Coach Smith bashing in your thread? It is not a qulity bulldog post with some Smitty Bashing, regardless of what the topic is! :angry:

I am puzzled by the move for Daniels. 5A football to 3A football...sounds like a temporary fix for ole Jack or maybe doing a favor for an assistant principal friend there at Page! How far off is retirement for Daniels? Any clue?

Page will be receiving some zoning assistance, but not the type of assistance that you think you will get. Drop by Page Middle one day and check out the future of Page High Football. Other than that, no "immediate' help on the way! You and CHS do have some zoning help coming, but not the kind of help to make a major impact on any one program from what I have heard.

JD will have some solid young talent to work with..Lankford is the key! Neel will need a LOT of work to become a quality Qb in a JD offense. Neel does not throw the ball well enough at this time to "Air it Out" JD style, nor does he have the receivers..Dowd is VERY AVERAGE at best!

AD position is filled at this time...to the best of my knowledge. But hey, since it is obviously about 'who ya know', I am sure JD can find a way into the AD seat there as well. :lol:

Thank you for your comments! My My what a nice rundown you have made concerning the talent at Page. Good thing you are not the new coach. I do detect a little envy. This is about a great hire not anyone else. Man, you have no idea that the AD is so poor at everything, that any change would be better.

Page Middle has never been a barometer overall for Page football and due to zoning changes....the whole graduating class at Page Middle has never graduated at Page High....maybe with the last change it might....you don't get it.....the boundaries have to be re-done...there is not going to be any room and the new high school is not built yet.. But you probably get your info from you know where and I don't blame other schools from trying to hold on to students it is just not practical. Jack rocks!!!!!!!!!!

I think this is a good move for Page football. I have a lot of respect for Coach Palmer, but it was time for a change. I think Coach Daniels will put new life into the program and they will be a contender in Region 5. However, one coach can't go at it alone. He will need some quality help. I don't about the assistants there now...will he be able to bring any in?

I am puzzled by the move for Daniels. 5A football to 3A football...sounds like a temporary fix for ole Jack or maybe doing a favor for an assistant principal friend there at Page! How far off is retirement for Daniels? Any clue?

There is some very good football in 3A and he is coming into a very strong region for next year. Your ill-informed comments could be taken as a slap in the face by not only the Page faithful but the other members of Region 5.

The crack made about Jack saying he would rather be at Centennial was put to rest today. The comment was simply a politically correct one made so that Jack would not alienate any Williamson Co folks. He is where he wants to be. I hope the realignment news about Page getting 200-250 students is correct. I think Jack knows something is in the works for that. Any crack about him retiring is ridiculous with him being 52 yrs old.....he knows more about football than many coaches in this area.

I do agree with him needing help. Page has always got the short end with assistants. They went two yrs with an all volunteer staff until the rule changed and it really hurt the underclassmen development.

There has already been talk of more people coming out next year. This announcement at this time will allow for serious work in the weight room.

The crack made about Jack saying he would rather be at Centennial was put to rest today. The comment was simply a politically correct one made so that Jack would not alienate any Williamson Co folks. He is where he wants to be. I hope the realignment news about Page getting 200-250 students is correct. I think Jack knows something is in the works for that. Any crack about him retiring is ridiculous with him being 52 yrs old.....he knows more about football than many coaches in this area.

I do agree with him needing help. Page has always got the short end with assistants. They went two yrs with an all volunteer staff until the rule changed and it really hurt the underclassmen development.

There has already been talk of more people coming out next year. This announcement at this time will allow for serious work in the weight room.

Of course the coach is going to say he is where he wants to be. Nothing like telling your new boss you'd rather be with their crosstown rivals. I wonder about that validity of that statement.

PS and I wouldn't get too excited about that rezoning. Centennial will also be aided by the new rezoning which could include a portion of Page Middle School. You can gain about 300 students, but you could also lose alot too.

Of course the coach is going to say he is where he wants to be. Nothing like telling your new boss you'd rather be with their crosstown rivals. I wonder about that validity of that statement.

PS and I wouldn't get too excited about that rezoning. Centennial will also be aided by the new rezoning which could include a portion of Page Middle School. You can gain about 300 students, but you could also lose alot too.

We'll take 300....and in the past several of Page Middle went to Centennial...so that is nothing new. I've learned to never get excited about rezoning in this county.

By the way...is there a little jealousy that ol' Jack went with Page instead of Centennial? What could possibly be the draw for him to come to Centennial?

Besides I don't think anyone put a gun on him and made decide on Page. He sees a lot more potential there and will have more of a free hand