flngrvy

Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it would be a nice fit. Look at what happened Saturday, after one gaffe on special teams and a turnover, SEMO gets the ball deep in Tech territory and before you know it Tech is down 29-6. Finally, the current staff has to throw the ball which they should have done all year. Sweeney breaks five school records in basically one half. It would be the perfect scenario for this coach to hitch his wagon to Sweeney for several reasons. One, his offense is perfect for his quarterback style, shotgun 80% of the time, throw to set up the run and two, with the coach quarterback combo, this coach could win soon and maybe use Tech as a stepping stone to an SEC head coaching job. By the way, can someone tell me why the Tech games are televised live locally in Cookeville? It seems that by doing so, you give the locals an excuse to stay at home and/or leave at half if it's the least bit cold or rainy? This really seems self-defeating and dumb.

I think it would be a nice fit. Look at what happened Saturday, after one gaffe on special teams and a turnover, SEMO gets the ball deep in Tech territory and before you know it Tech is down 29-6. Finally, the current staff has to throw the ball which they should have done all year. Sweeney breaks five school records in basically one half. It would be the perfect scenario for this coach to hitch his wagon to Sweeney for several reasons. One, his offense is perfect for his quarterback style, shotgun 80% of the time, throw to set up the run and two, with the coach quarterback combo, this coach could win soon and maybe use Tech as a stepping stone to an SEC head coaching job. By the way, can someone tell me why the Tech games are televised live locally in Cookeville? It seems that by doing so, you give the locals an excuse to stay at home and/or leave at half if it's the least bit cold or rainy? This really seems self-defeating and dumb.

He would be a good fit for Tech and I believe he could bring is some good players

Can you tell me who you are talking about? :angry:

Can you tell me who you are talking about? :unsure:

I'm wondering that myself... :huh:

I just know this can be a real turning point for TTU football if the right hire is made.

The basketball program suffered through mediocraty for years under Coach Harrel.Finally the university went out on a "limb" to hire a coach to his 1st head coaching job.That was Jeff Lebo.Several years & several OVC championships later Tech is still in the top 1-3 in the league,even with a different coach.

I just hope the new A.D. will have that same agressive,"thinking out of the box" mentality with the new football hire.

As for the TTU games being shown locally,that's been done for probably 20 years.I think it's kinda self-defeating also but that goes back to that thing about accepting mediocraty.They've gotten so used to the fans staying home so they can watch UT & others they just decided to give in.

A great new head coaching hire can go a long way to getting the fans out to Tucker stadium!

THE SQUAD :)

Edited by THE SQUAD

I'm wondering that myself... :thumb:

I just know this can be a real turning point for TTU football if the right hire is made.

The basketball program suffered through mediocraty for years under Coach Harrel.Finally the university went out on a "limb" to hire a coach to his 1st head coaching job.That was Jeff Lebo.Several years & several OVC championships later Tech is still in the top 1-3 in the league,even with a different coach.

I just hope the new A.D. will have that same agressive,"thinking out of the box" mentality with the new football hire.

As for the TTU games being shown locally,that's been done for probably 20 years.I think it's kinda self-defeating also but that goes back to that thing about accepting mediocraty.They've gotten so used to the fans staying home so they can watch UT & others they just decided to give in.

A great new head coaching hire can go a long way to getting the fans out to Tucker stadium!

THE SQUAD B)

I like the Basketball coach they have now...Tubby's son...

Well, the rumor has it that former UT offensive coordinator and current UK quarterback coach Randy Sanders will be the new coach at TTU. Of course rumors are like flypaper but I think this would be a great hire for the university. :thumb:

I thought your clue that he used to wear Orange was a dead give a way. B)

Edited by wingman10