Region 4AA Tournament  

43 members have voted

1. 1. Region 4AA Tournament

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now,they're talking about Watson Brown being in contact with TTU.

He has come out & stated that it was only as a consulting role but it's rumoured that he's on the "block" at UAB.He said he only talked cause he keeps up with TTU & CHS.

I know he hasn't been super successful as a college coach but I'd love to see him as the HC @ TTU!!

THE SQUAD :thumb:

I think that while Watson Brown is probably a good guy, if I were the AD, I wouldn't recycle him. Guys my age know who he is and I'm 47. My choice would be Sanders who has a blank canvas and it was pretty evident he took one for Fulmer by falling on the sword. While Brown would be a feel-good story, in my opinion, it would be the wromg hire. Recruits make and break programs and probably not one 17 or 18 year old kid is gonna even know who Watson Brown is but they will know Randy Sanders name and who he has coached and is now in the NFL. We all know that 1% make it to the NFL but all kids, D-1 or 1-AA, all think they will be playing on Sundays and the 1-AA kids think the D-1's messed up by not offering them a scholarship. Like I have said in previous posts, Sanders is the perfect fit for the sophomore to be QB and can build a program around him. If Sanders is a hot commodity for bigger programs in 2-3 years then the AD has done his job.