Linemen Prospects 1A-2A-3A

patriot#26

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

#78 Jerry Henry from Cheatham County (He was listed at 6'5" 285 last year as a sophomore) will be a senior next year. He must be a good athlete for his size, because Cheatham actually had him playing TIGHT END some near the end of the year! He caught 2 for 30 yards against South Side! That's just scary.

#78 Jerry Henry from Cheatham County (He was listed at 6'5" 285 last year as a sophomore) will be a senior next year. He must be a good athlete for his size, because Cheatham actually had him playing TIGHT END some near the end of the year! He caught 2 for 30 yards against South Side! That's just scary.

Jerry Henry was sporting #90 at the end of the year and actually caught a TD pass in the win over Creek Wood. He has the size, athleticism, and the tools to play D-I in the not too distant future. Most importantly of all is the fact that his work ethic has improved tremendously over the course of the last three years. He will without question be called upon to be a team leader for the Cubs in 2007.

from knox catholic

t.j. franklin 6-5 260 class of 06 probably an OT

zak tait 6-3 285 class of 06 big time potential as a guard

both are D1 athletically

Some Sr's that I have seen tape on or in person are:

Watkins @ Haywood. 6-5 230. DE. Could easliy put on 40lbs. Be a great SEC DE.

Fischer @ Goodpasture. 6-5 275. OL/DE. I see a big time/big ten (Meeeeeechigan DT).

Sykes @ Alcoa. 6-4. 245. DE. Quite the athlete. Had a GREAT Soph. and early Jr. season. Grades and technique are ?s LSU or FSU via JUCO.

Hammilton @ Fulton. 6-2 300. Raw power. Plays Fullback. Be surprised if he can't dunk. Grades and consistency are ?s. Has SEC talent. Absolutely.

Williams @ Smyrna. 6-6 300. He continues to help Bobby Johnson succeed with the Dores.

Buhin @ Powell. 6-4 305. Will keep Thunder in the Heard @ Marshall.

McGaha @ Powell. 6-5 275. Good athlete. Plays hoops pretty well. Has the frame and athletic ability to play at a high level.

Franklin is good, and a finalist for the 3A Lineman of the Year, but IMHO not @ the level of these guys yet. He could certainly get there.

I am an East TN/Lineman fan. I am sure I have missed many. As you said the Tait kid does have big time potential at G, but also @ DT. I saw him last week vs. AE, and earlier @ Fulton. He is class of 09. Couple of other Sophs. to watch for are OL/DL Englehardit @ Maryville, Caleb Leonard 6-3 245 @ Halls.