Solution to realignment

jacksoncounty

I posted this post earlier this week:No multiplier can level the playing field for most public schools matched against the private schools. If we have a public-private split then ALL private schools should play in the private school division. When the large private schools were dominating Class 5A we saw action to create a split. The smaller schools don't have the same clout so we live the fact that teams like Friendship Christian, Goodpasture, CPA and Lipscomb can dominate the public schools.

If it's good enough for the Brentwood Academy's, the MBA's, of the world then ALL private schools should be sent to Division II. We should be concerned with the student-athletes instead of the politics of it all.

Either bring ALL the private schools back into Division I or mandate all private schools to play in Division II. I vote for the later in the name of fairness for all the student-athletes in Tennessee. It is the only fair and logical thing to do.

SOLUTION:

This realignment ends in 2 years, lets band together and work to move ALL private schools to Division II. It would solve the issues from a competitive standpoint and inter-divisional games could still be played.

What does everyone think?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I posted this post earlier this week:No multiplier can level the playing field for most public schools matched against the private schools. If we have a public-private split then ALL private schools should play in the private school division. When the large private schools were dominating Class 5A we saw action to create a split. The smaller schools don't have the same clout so we live the fact that teams like Friendship Christian, Goodpasture, CPA and Lipscomb can dominate the public schools.

If it's good enough for the Brentwood Academy's, the MBA's, of the world then ALL private schools should be sent to Division II. We should be concerned with the student-athletes instead of the politics of it all.

Either bring ALL the private schools back into Division I or mandate all private schools to play in Division II. I vote for the later in the name of fairness for all the student-athletes in Tennessee. It is the only fair and logical thing to do.

SOLUTION:

This realignment ends in 2 years, lets band together and work to move ALL private schools to Division II. It would solve the issues from a competitive standpoint and inter-divisional games could still be played.

there's a private-public thread for such discussions

SOLUTION:

If you would cry a little less, and hit the weight room a little more, it probably wouldn't matter as much to you.

SOLUTION:

It would solve the competitive issues? Think again

The only thing that would solve "competitive issues" is to hand every high school kid a gold ball and pat them on the back for accomplishing absolutely nothing! Other than that let them play and whoever wins, wins.

It would solve the competitive issues? Think again

The only thing that would solve "competitive issues" is to hand every high school kid a gold ball and pat them on the back for accomplishing absolutely nothing! Other than that let them play and whoever wins, wins.

It's very comforting to know that common sense still exists in this world....

SOLUTION:

The public schools competed with the private schools very well for many years. From the time the TSSAA was formed until around 1990 the public schools did very well but something happened and IMO it was mental. The public schools convinced everyone including themselves that they could not compete and guess what they really can't compete now.

"The public schools competed with the private schools very well for many years. From the time the TSSAA was formed until around 1990"

public vs private football playoff games 1969-1989;

privates 154 publics 99

(for what it is worth)

if you meant to include 1990;

privates 15 publics 10

Edited by lazarus

Without Boyd-Buchanan in 2A, Polk, Tellico and Meigs wouldn't have moved to 3A, 3-2A would have had seven teams and there wouldn't have been compaining from other regions that it was too small. Without the Nashville area privates, there would be one less region. In this case, yes, the realignment wouldn't have been needed.

I see the private school supporters who do not have their facts straight are the ones who appear to be crying here. The facts speak for themselves, Enjoy the conversation, I think at the next realignment for 2009 more change is coming.

Again I say if private schools were competing in 4A or 5A we wouldn't even need this discussion because the large public schools would have the clout, as they exhibited eariler, to create Division II. Now the argument shifts to the smaller schools. We are at the semi finals weekend and who is still here- Friendship Christian, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, and Jackson Christian. Four of twelve finalists in the lowest 3 classifications.

In Classes 4A and 5A-NONE.

I see the private school supporters who do not have their facts straight are the ones who appear to be crying here. The facts speak for themselves, Enjoy the conversation, I think at the next realignment for 2009 more change is coming.

Again I say if private schools were competing in 4A or 5A we wouldn't even need this discussion because the large public schools would have the clout, as they exhibited eariler, to create Division II. Now the argument shifts to the smaller schools. We are at the semi finals weekend and who is still here- Friendship Christian, Goodpasture, Lipscomb, and Jackson Christian. Four of twelve finalists in the lowest 3 classifications.

In Classes 4A and 5A-NONE.

If you really want to get all of the private schools out of D1 you must use reverse pshychology on the 4A & 5A schools. Get all of the small schools to push for the D2 schools back into D1 and watch how fast they rush to help you with your cause.

The most economical and fair way to get control of the situation is to put everyone back together with 4 classifications and use the MERIT SYSTEM (like Ohio) to determine who qualifies for the playoffs. The problem is that 99% of the people could care less what is fair, they want to tilt the playing field in their personal direction so that their school has a major advantage.

If the TSSAA is going to make it another ten years they need someone to take charge that will clean house and place people in charge that will treat all schools fairly.

Edited by cbg