Greeneville Coach Relieved Of Head Coach Duties

Challenger

all im going to say is the new coach is going to have to have ALOT OF DISCIPLINE, cause thats something they didnt have last year or the year before. I know its not all the coaches fault, cause should have been in their but more. Someone from next years Senior Class is going to have to step up and stop this nonsense, and get the bad attitudes out of there, or its going to be the same story as this year.

Edited by BustinOut

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with "Bustinout". Whoever takes this job will have to be a FIRM disciplinarian. There were some cancers on the GHS team this year and they must be cured or removed altogether if they are to be anymore successful next year. It all starts with discipline. Playing a team sport used to be a privilege; that got lost somewhere, some time ago. The old GHS teams used to be respected, the current crop of players has turned this once proud program into a homecoming delight. I wish the best of luck to whoever takes the job. First and foremost, I hope the new coach is granted 100% autonomy to run the program without anyone looking over his shoulder!

are you referring to mike white from maryville. I believe he is the air-apparent to coach quarles at maryville whenever that happens. I know he is very happy at mhs and this is where his family is from. mike is highly thought of and he is a great guy plus a great coach. can't see maryville letting him go.

whatever the reason for a bad season this year i disagree with this firing. i hate greeneville, with a passion. but nonetheless zeller was not a bad coach. lately the numbers problem is starting to catch up to g'ville. when they played mo'west it looked horrible. you got 100 on one sideline and 20 on the other. just move to 3-a, somehow..

Why does Greeneville play up in 4-a?

As of 2005, their population was 885. I don't know what the 3A rules and 4A rules are on population. They might to used to have had the number, but it has gone down. I believe that Elizabethton is in a similar situation, as I remember Coach Ryder (when I played in 96-99) used to say they should be a 3A team.

The answer is simple otherwise, $$$. More money for a higher classification playing bigger teams.

As of 2005, their population was 885. I don't know what the 3A rules and 4A rules are on population. They might to used to have had the number, but it has gone down. I believe that Elizabethton is in a similar situation, as I remember Coach Ryder (when I played in 96-99) used to say they should be a 3A team.

The answer is simple otherwise, $$$. More money for a higher classification playing bigger teams.

Greeneville and Eliz does not wanna drop to 3A simply because they wanna play their 4A rivals and they dont travel far. If they went 3A the closest school would be Rutledge.