Maryville vs Mo-town West (again!)

Past30

You know what Prophet..................I take everything back. I just don't know why I would try to defend Maryville to a hater. Maryville had the weakest schedule in the state. How they have won 13 games this year is amazing. Other than the refs giving them every call.......getting every break possible....having a very small and slow line....slow stiff running backs.....wr's that are slow and can't catch....QB's that couldn't burst a grape.... non tackling defenders.....yep... I guess it's just that smoke and mirrows offense and the refs that have held Maryville's season together.

Just think.....Maryville scored 38 points against the highly advertised top defense ever out of the Chattanooga area. All I can assume is that Red Bank was a "very weak" team.

You have nailed it again Prophet. I guess that's why they call you the Prophet.....right?.... :lol:

I a certainly not a hater, you sound like my exwife, jumping off the deep end about a simple statement. I guess you think that Maryville has played the toughest schedule in the state. I have said nothing but good things about Maryville, but hteir schedule well that is another thing.

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what Prophet..................I take everything back. I just don't know why I would try to defend Maryville to a hater. Maryville had the weakest schedule in the state. How they have won 13 games this year is amazing. Other than the refs giving them every call.......getting every break possible....having a very small and slow line....slow stiff running backs.....wr's that are slow and can't catch....QB's that couldn't burst a grape.... non tackling defenders.....yep... I guess it's just that smoke and mirrows offense and the refs that have held Maryville's season together.

Just think.....Maryville scored 38 points against the highly advertised top defense ever out of the Chattanooga area. All I can assume is that Red Bank was a "very weak" team.

You have nailed it again Prophet. I guess that's why they call you the Prophet.....right?.... :lol:

MLREB,

I hate to even post on this thread because it makes me feel like putting the cart before the horse! But there are no haters of Maryville out west in HC. We all have HUGE respect for you and no doubt you have earned it. HC is just working hard trying to earn the right to compete with the best there is.

mhs - here we are in the semi's! I am pulling hard for Maryville to finish off Mo West and HC to take care of Hillsboro! Go Rebels!!!

who does your region have? We have knox west, powell,and knox central not to mention we play teams that are out of our class that could put a whuppin on a lot of 5-A teams and im talking about Alcoa. Mo. West wouldn't have a chance against a team like Alcoa but Maryville beat them. This just goes to show that region 3 has the best teams around and Mo. West only got a taste of it when they played Knox West.

Our region is not all that tough either, but we did play some tough non region games, Memphis Ridgeway, Dickson county,

A little sensitve, Maryville is awesome, there is no denying that, they have proved that they can beat anyone anytime, but they have proven that by winning state title after state title, not by going undefeated in a weak region.

The prophet, I agree that this year Region 3 is a little down. However, historically Region 3 is very strong. Since the mid 90's, Region 3 has been very well represented in the 4A championship game.

1996 - Knox Halls

1997 - Maryville

1998 - Maryville

1999 - Knox Central

2000 - Maryville

2001 - Maryville

2002 - Maryville

2004 - Maryville

2005 - Maryville

How many 4a championship participants have come from Henry County's Region?

Edited by STARSNBARS

First of all, i said i was joking and even removed the post. But, I will correct you on this...both high schools actually WERE Morristown City schools until a few years ago when Hamblen County annexed them. Unlike Blount County, which contains several cities, Hamblen County has only one city, Morristown. But like I said, i was only joking. I am well aware that the schools are set up in 4A based on student population, and if Maryville spilt into 2 schools, they would not be in 4A.

troho I hate you. You make illogical arguments, which isn't all that bad, except you start apologizing at the first sign of disagreement from a Maryville fan. At least put up some kind of fight, I'm ashamed we cheer for the same team.

Quit trying to turn this into some kind of free-love hippie fest. Who cares if you offend someone on the internets? Will it affect the game in any way?

My god you're a sissy.

In that 2003 season, Maryville had 14 points, 5 interceptions, and 1 fumble in each of the two games they played against West. It's highly unlikely that a team as well coached as Maryville is would play that badly against the same team twice in the same year, unless there was a common denominator: West's defense. And yes, West squeaked by on a field goal, but they were the better team.

That has no bearing on Friday's game.

Shoutout to RebelRon, the rest of you are blathering idiots.

The prophet, I agree that this year Region 3 is a little down. However, historically Region 3 is very strong. Since the mid 90's, Region 3 has been very well represented in the 4A championship game.

1996 - Knox Halls

1997 - Maryville

1998 - Maryville

1999 - Knox Central

2000 - Maryville

2001 - Maryville

2002 - Maryville

2004 - Maryville

2005 - Maryville

I am not sure, this is jsut our second year there, prior to that we were in region 6-5a with Brentwood and Ravenwood etc.

STARSNBARS,

I know that prophet answered you, but I can add a little. Region 3 has been superior to Region 7. However, not too shabby to the semi's.

HC - twice

Munford - once

JCM - once

These are somewhat recent times, but again nothing like Region 3.

We appreciate all the support from Blount Co .. which is by far the Top County for football in the state .... Fulton benefited greatly from playing Alcoa this year .. game started bad but they were able to weather the storm and came out with a hard fought win ... game could have went either way ... as far as the REBELS .. what else needs to be said .. like I have said before I will take Maryville at HOME against anybody ... includes any 5A team not to mention Morristown West .. West has a solid team .. I saw them scrimmage Fulton at first of year ... but beating Maryville ?? NOT GONNA HAPPEN .... ALCOA going to the BLACK HOLE .... they will climb out of the hole and on the the BORO .... GO ALCOA and MARYVILLE ,,, as for the Falcons they are lining up against a team that has as many athletes as they do .. its gonna come down to Coaching and who gets the matchups right ... I do think PC has the edge at QB .. Stinson still gimpy and Blair's inexperience but hopefully we can overcome any home field advantage they might have .. this one is too close to call !!! PC seems to have overcome the inconsistencies from early in year and rebounded to avenge earlier losses .... they are on a roll ... but rest assured Falcons will not give up as evidenced by the 4th Qtr comeback at Catholic and earlier matchup with Alcoa ... GO ALCOA, GO MARYVILLE and GO FULTON !!

MLREB,

I hate to even post on this thread because it makes me feel like putting the cart before the horse! But there are no haters of Maryville out west in HC. We all have HUGE respect for you and no doubt you have earned it. HC is just working hard trying to earn the right to compete with the best there is.

mhs - here we are in the semi's! I am pulling hard for Maryville to finish off Mo West and HC to take care of Hillsboro! Go Rebels!!!

Let me assure you.....anybody that beats Melrose will get Maryville's up most attention....... :lol:

Well here we are. :lol: Can the Trojans beat the Rebels? Of course they can, any thing is possible, will they beat the Rebels ??? Maryville is Maryville that's all that has to be said about them, the Trojans will have to play as well as they can to win this one, they are playing very well right now so we'll see Friday night. I'll be there cheering for Mo-West. I hope it's an injury free game and everyone has a safe trip. Whichever team wins this one I'll be pulling for at state.

Listening to Henry County it doesn't matter both of our SOS is so weak we can't handle them but I guess one of us will try :lol: