Alcoa vs Smith County

clintabbott

You need to move on to basketball. Your acting like your predicting something that no one is expecting, like we aren't suppose to lose by 28 or more. It could be that bad, or it couldn't be??? Time will tell. The fact is, is that your mad b/c your Eagles are at home, and we SC fans were right, when we said we would beat you. We tried to tell you but you wouldn't listen. If the Eagles were playing Alcoa, I would say they would get beat 40 plus. But they aren't so I can't say Book this or that.

I do not believe we will get outscored by 4 touchdowns. It's possible for us to win, we would have to play perfect, and catch a few breaks, but we can do it I believe. Good Luck friday night Owls :thumb:

lol settle down...just tryin to stir the forum up some....if i remember correctly didnt u predict blow outs both times smith county played the eagles...its all in good fun...just returning the favor if you would have read my post earlier you would know this....but i do hope yall win and i think your boys could beat alcoa....on there best day ...maybe.......good luck to smith county represent region 4 ill be at the game cheering yall on

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wanted to say Good Luck To Smith County this Friday night. I'm sure Alcoa has a great team. There isn't a doubt in my mind. However, I don't think you should count Smith County out. They have a great football team also. They play with lots of intensity and they want the win REALLY BAD. I was there last Friday Night, when our Eagles season was ended. I can't say I'm happy that we are done, but I can honestly say we played with all we had and SC won in the end. So Owls, do it for us all. Represent Region 4. Show them all what a small town team with lots of heart can do. Myself, as well as a lot of Westmoreland fans and players will be in the Hole Friday night rooting you on. Go OWLS!!!!!

Just wanted to say Good Luck To Smith County this Friday night. I'm sure Alcoa has a great team. There isn't a doubt in my mind. However, I don't think you should count Smith County out. They have a great football team also. They play with lots of intensity and they want the win REALLY BAD. I was there last Friday Night, when our Eagles season was ended. I can't say I'm happy that we are done, but I can honestly say we played with all we had and SC won in the end. So Owls, do it for us all. Represent Region 4. Show them all what a small town team with lots of heart can do. Myself, as well as a lot of Westmoreland fans and players will be in the Hole Friday night rooting you on. Go OWLS!!!!!

Thanks for the nice post. It's great to see all of Westmoreland posters supporting SC. We would do the same if you had won. I know the Owls will be ready to play. We'll see what happens.

Oh puhleezz, you are acting like Alcoa is Mt. Pilot and SC is Mayberry, we are a small city team too, and we definately like it that way, obviously both teams are small are we wouldn't be in 2A. I would love to predict the score of this game but unlike Miss Cleo you can't call me now and find out, we'll just have to wait and see come Friday Friday Friday!!!!!

I say hey hey Big A, let's go all the WAY...............

Oh puhleezz, you are acting like Alcoa is Mt. Pilot and SC is Mayberry, we are a small city team too, and we definately like it that way, obviously both teams are small are we wouldn't be in 2A. I would love to predict the score of this game but unlike Miss Cleo you can't call me now and find out, we'll just have to wait and see come Friday Friday Friday!!!!!

I say hey hey Big A, let's go all the WAY...............

I didnt say one thing about Alcoa...thank you very much...all i said was that SC is a good team and they have a real chance of winning.. I dont know anything about Alcoa...so read the post correctly before you enter some bull like you just did. I want SC to win because they are in the same region as Westmoreland. Since we cant be there SC can spin the tornadoes the other way out of the hole....GO SMITH COUNTY!!!!!

I knew that the OWLS could get to this game. The Semi-Finals. I knew they would be playing at home against Coach Rankin's Alcoa team. Everyone from Alcoa thinks it would take nothing short of a small miracle for SC to pull out a win in this one. Can they do it??? You darn right they can!!!!!

NewsFlash...NewsFlash...Coach Rankin hasn't been too successful in Playoff Games at Smith County!!! Needless to say, Coach Rankin probably has alot better overall complete atheletes now than he had while at Smith County. There's no need for you Alcoa fans to even make the trip. Heck, you might as well just tell the team not to come either. Obviously from everyone's opinion, there will not even be a game in Smith County this week. Good Luck Tornado's in the State Championship Game. Since you got a bye week this week.

If you think these OWLS won't play their freaking guts out and give it all they got on every stinking snap of the football, you're out of your freaking mind. Speed does kill. SC don't have any D1 prospects. I'm sure both teams want it just as bad as the other one.

Whichever team makes the big plays and takes care of the football "WILL" win this game.

HOW 'BOUT THOSE OWLS

I didnt say one thing about Alcoa...thank you very much...all i said was that SC is a good team and they have a real chance of winning.. I dont know anything about Alcoa...so read the post correctly before you enter some bull like you just did. I want SC to win because they are in the same region as Westmoreland. Since we cant be there SC can spin the tornadoes the other way out of the hole....GO SMITH COUNTY!!!!!

"Show them all what a small town team with lots of heart can do." Here you were implying that Alcoa was a big town...we're just a small town with roughly 8000 people in it. Our school is on the small side of 2A.

Looking forward to making the trip on Friday. We were cheering for SC to win last Fri. so we wouldn't have to drive so far; thanks for making it easier for us!

GO TORNADOES!!!

Edited by tornadogold

Hey, BigReid: NEWSFLASH!!

This is the semifinals; we wouldn't expect a team not to come out and play hard. We have no idea how Rankin did at SC when he was there, and guess what??? WE REALLY DON'T CARE!!!

He's got a whole slew of talented boys who are hungry for that 3rd ring. He's got a lot more coaching experience than he did when he was there. Don't count on his past record at SC to tell the story.

YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!!!

"Show them all what a small town team with lots of heart can do." Here you were implying that Alcoa was a big town...we're just a small town with roughly 8000 people in it. Our school is on the small side of 2A.

Looking forward to making the trip on Friday. We were cheering for SC to win last Fri. so we wouldn't have to drive so far; thanks for making it easier for us!

GO TORNADOES!!!

A small .open zone school you mean don't you. Wonder how great Alcoa would be if just the kids in your zone played football. :rolleyes:

Edited by Rocking Chair

A small .open zone school you mean don't you. Wonder how great Alcoa would be if just the kids in your zone played football. :rolleyes:

waaa, waaa, waaa. Here we go.

Call Smith Co. Bd. of Education and ask if they will allow your child (who doesn't live in Smith Co. zone) to attend SCHS if you pay tuition. I've lived in 2 different states before moving back to Tn., and both of those states allowed students who didn't live in the school district to pay tuition so their child could attend our school district.

Most of the kids who pay tuition are children of alumni. It's extremely hard to find a house in Alcoa city limits. The only way to find a decent house (or one that you can afford) is to watch the obits and be the first one to contact the family. (I know that's morbid, but true) Here's the deal ('cause you obviously don't understand):

Alcoa & Maryville residents pay city and county taxes, so they have the option of sending their kids to city or county schools. In the county, they only pay county taxes, so if they want to send their kids to a city school, they have to pay tuition.

It's been like this FOREVER, and will continue like this. So, whine all you want!

People make it sound like we have boys from 2 counties away going to Alcoa just to play ball!

Edited by aliastn

waaa, waaa, waaa. Here we go.

Call Smith Co. Bd. of Education and ask if they will allow your child (who doesn't live in Smith Co. zone) to attend SCHS if you pay tuition. I've lived in 2 different states before moving back to Tn., and both of those states allowed students who didn't live in the school district to pay tuition so their child could attend our school district.

Most of the kids who pay tuition are children of alumni. It's extremely hard to find a house in Alcoa city limits. The only way to find a decent house (or one that you can afford) is to watch the obits and be the first one to contact the family. (I know that's morbid, but true) Here's the deal ('cause you obviously don't understand):

Alcoa & Maryville residents pay city and county taxes, so they have the option of sending their kids to city or county schools. In the county, they only pay county taxes, so if they want to send their kids to a city school, they have to pay tuition.

It's been like this FOREVER, and will continue like this. So, whine all you want!

People make it sound like we have boys from 2 counties away going to Alcoa just to play ball!

LOL .... Didn't hit a nerve did I? I'm not crying because I don't care either way. I mean come on what coach in his right mind wouldn't want to coach Alcoa !! Do you really think that coach Rankin would have left a team like Riverdale with the athlete's they have every year to coach a team with just so so players!! :rolleyes: But here's the thing that gets me is that all these kids that are coming in to play at Alcoa always seem to be DI caliber players. Go figure I guess that's just a coincidence huh.