Alcoa vs Smith County

clintabbott

I am a die hard Alcoa fan... as everyone should be for their home team. As for SC not having anything going for them you are are wrong.

While it was true they were outmatched in the game they played a good ball game. The team never gave up, and never stopped trying. They made the best of the talent they had and they played as a team. It is young men like that which is the very best of high school football.

If you think only winning makes you a winner you are so wrong. It is when after a tough loss that ends your high school career and you can look at your team mates and see in their eyes and know in your heart you gave it your all that had, then you are truely a winner.

For most of the kids on the field they will never go past high school ball. They will however have a life time to remember thier team mates and what life lessons they learned from playing football.

For the youngmen that played your last game last night. I salute you for your heart and hope you can always look back to your days playing ball and have that secret smile that only people who played can understand.

This was a very good post. It was so true. It gave me chills while I was reading the post. Another thing like other SC fans have said go beat the brakes off of Goodpasture!!! I will never cheer for them or DL!!

Edited by oldsc7

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am a die hard Alcoa fan... as everyone should be for their home team. As for SC not having anything going for them you are are wrong.

While it was true they were outmatched in the game they played a good ball game. The team never gave up, and never stopped trying. They made the best of the talent they had and they played as a team. It is young men like that which is the very best of high school football.

If you think only winning makes you a winner you are so wrong. It is when after a tough loss that ends your high school career and you can look at your team mates and see in their eyes and know in your heart you gave it your all that had, then you are truely a winner.

For most of the kids on the field they will never go past high school ball. They will however have a life time to remember thier team mates and what life lessons they learned from playing football.

For the youngmen that played your last game last night. I salute you for your heart and hope you can always look back to your days playing ball and have that secret smile that only people who played can understand.

Thanks for a great post. I wish I could have said it. Like I said before good luck in the boro.

First off I would like to congratulate Alcoa on a very impressive win. You guys are the best team that I have seen on our field. Good luck against Goodpasture although I don't see you needing it :thumb:.

Congratulations to the Owls on a great year. I must admit, when I went to the August scrimmage at White House I wouldn't have bet a nickel on you guys making it this far. But you came a long way since then. Sanders proved to me Friday night he is the best QB in the region (and I am tough to please) and Bass played the best game of his career. Alcoa was just to fast and athletic. So hold your heads up high seniors, one quarterfinal and two semifinal appearances in your four years is not bad. You was a 50+ yard field goal from making three semi appearances or better. Plus, you are the last group to have played in the best football game myself and most people around the Upper Cumberland area have ever seen (Smith vs. Macon, playoffs 2003). You have raised the bar for the next group. I wish you young men the best in life. :thumb:

Smith County Seniors you are the GREATEST. I will forever remember you for your class and hardwork. You are all truly friends to the end and you showed it to me on Friday night. I love all of you. I feel my life has been touched just by knowing all of you. Remember all the good times.

Smith County Coaches , what can I say about such a fine group of men. I feel truly blessed that my son has played for you the past 4 years. You have shown them what it is like to become young men. All your hard work and time spent with these boys will be forever remembered in each of their lives. I as a parent am very thankful that they have had men like all of you to look up to and repect.

Smith County cheerleaders what a fine group pf young ladies. Your SPIRIT and love your school and team is what all fans should reach for and bring to each game. Thanks for your support for the team I know they think of you all as sisters and we love all of you.

To my son thanks for the memories. I love you more than words can say. You have become a fine young man and have shown me what it is like to have the heart of a champion these last few weeks. I LOVE YOU ALWAYS.

L.L. thinks that Alcoa will win this game by a large margin. Smith County has had a good year, but Alcoa is one of the best teams in any classification. Alcoa by 35

The Laugerhead says that Smith County, unfortunately has no chance in this game. Sorry guys, but that bunch from Alcoa is just awesome. It is hard to compete against a team with that many great players. They also have a very good coaching staff this season. Alcoa will win this game by as much as they want too.

Alcoa 42

Smith County 7

The Laugerhead hates to disappoint guys, but Smith County has a chance against Alcoa until the kickoff. Alcoa is way to strong. Alcoa lost 17-14 to Maryville. How on earth do you think Smith County can stay anywhere near them? I wish you luck, but it won't happen. Alcoa by 35

The Laugerhead tried to tell you guys what would happen. You should learn to listen to me. You had a good season though, keep your heads up.