Alcoa vs Smith County

clintabbott

• Replies 522
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

SCHS: Thanks for the hospitality. Man, you guys are really loud! I don't know how we sounded on the other side of the field, but you guys know how to make some noise!

QueenBee:The only complaint I have about the officiating is how the clock was handled, but I guess it came out in our favor. After each play when the clock should have been stopped (when we were on offense), there was a good 4-5 seconds where the clock kept running.

alcoafan72: Man, any self-respecting Alcoa fan would know that the correct spelling is "T-O-R-N-A-D-O-E-S"

SCHS Players: you have nothing to be ashamed of. You shut down one of our best players...that hadn't been done all year.

If any of our fans were disrespectful to SCHS fans, I am really embarrassed and sorry that happened. Please do not think that all Alcoa fans are like that. The majority of us are very respectful to the opposing team's fans.

You are so right :ph34r:

don't know what's up with my e's lol

Congrats to a fine Alcoa team. Heck, not only fine. That would be an understatement. The Alcoa team I observed tonight is the best football team I've ever seen at Owl Stadium and I've seen some great ones. Probably one of the top 3 I've ever seen in person period and I was pretty close to the Brentwood Academy program during the 90's. I told a buddy who called after the game to draw up on paper a player at every position for a high school football program and Alcoa would have that at nearly every position. The playmaking ability of the Tornadoes is what was most impressive. What a team and if Goodpasture plays much closer than the Owls were able to do, I'd be surprised.

I think SC played pretty close to the best of their ability. Our kids made many plays tonight. They left it all out on the field. The coaches and kids have worked their tails off for another season and have represented us with the utmost class, dignity, and respect. The way they matured as a team has once again been a pleasure for me to witness. You all have come a long way and played with great passion and effort and that's why I will always and forever be proud to be a Big Owl Fan!

Go Big Owls!

I'm not ashamed at all actually im very proud of this group of seniors that very few even thought would make it this far just sayin that tha TSSAA has alot of changin to do to make it and even playing field between public,private, and open zoned schools

There will never be a even playing field...and it's no one's fault...it's called life...you play the hand you're dealt...and you get on with it...cause if ya don't...you have no life...

Congrats Tornadoes! SC was a pretty good environment to play in (despite that darn train whistle that went off after every 5 yard gain by SC). Good hospitality

Besides Shiverdecker, our offense was flat. Our passing game, besides quick tosses to Sommer and Thompson, was non-existent (for you SC fans that don't know, #4 Kyrus Lanxter, usually gets 2 TD's and 2 or 3 bombs thrown his way a game). Good job on Hembree's part, he completely took our D-1, play-making wideout out of the game.

Defense was great. Rae displayed pretty good pass rush, Bart was Bart, Brian had a nice INT and a vicious hit on #22, and the DT's Bobby Keller and Neil Cooper played well. I was disappointed in Kyrus' effort on one long pass, with a terrible tackling effort, he just had an all-around bad game, but he'll be back next week.

Overall passing game needs some work, but I can't wait to see Shivy get loose on that turf next week, should be very exciting. Take it to the 'Boro Tornadoes!!! 3-peat!!!!

Good luck to Coach Rankin and a great Alcoa team.That's the best team I have seen on our field.

Really dispointed for our kids,they wanted it bad.What a great year they had.Something you can always be proud of and nobody can take that away from you.

Hope you Alcoa fans enjoyed Carthage maybe we can play you again with a owls win next time. Don't let that Nashville private team beat you.

Dude, yur tha one thats off base, Shiverdecker came from a 5a school after sum1 from alcoa heard about em and offered his dada a job at sum plant in alcoa... yur right they dont recruit, just use tha open zone 2 yur benefit which is unfair 2 SC since they r zoned

:thumb: ...They don't make them much dumber than this one..... :thumb: